The Great Debate

Which one? And why?

Personally, I have always agreed Spider-Man should produce his own web, which would actually make him spider-like. But I understand that the web shooters go to show how incredibly nerdy and intelligent Peter is.

So what do you think, Sup Forumsmrades?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/science-animals-ground-spider-shooting-silk-discovery/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not a debate. Mechanical is the correct choice. Always has been. Raimifags can go fuck themselves.

It should com out of his nipples.

I never understood why he would make that weird hand gesture

I want to fuck Peter's vagina wrist.

You can go fuck yourselves, oldfags.

Mechanical.

Spidey possibly running out of web-fluid in the middle of a fight immediately raises tension in comparison to organic webbing.

>Personally I have always agreed Spider Man should produce his own web
Then you have terrible taste. Mechanical is the only way to go
I think its supposed to look like spider mandibles

>when organic loses his powers he has to quit being spider-man
>when mechanical lost his powers he just toughed it out and kept superheroing as a normie despite the heightened risk and strain

Bullshit.
He's SPIDER-man, not "some-insect-like man".
And all the web shooter show is a intelligence and degree of engineering skill he rarely actually uses.
And is more effectively shown when peter is doing actual intelligent things rather than "herp derp gotta make more fake webbing to tie to my wrists"

I REALLY prefer the web shooters. I think it's important for Peter to show how gifted he really is with engineering and chemistry as part of his character. Also, they're less creepy than having a slit in your wrist for webs to come out of.

Also also, web cartridges allow writers to play with a few ideas, give an extra challenge of running out of web fluid, and make it more possible for Peter to lose, as his web shooters could be crushed by anybody that knows they're there.
Basically, they can help build dramatic tension.

I'm going to cave your fucking skull in your stupid nigger

this is explained many times, he makes that gesture because in that position his fingers can only put so much pressure on the web shooter trigger.

If he puts more or less pressure on the trigger it won't fire, this let's him make a fist or shake hands without having to worry about accidentally setting off his web shooters.

>He's SPIDER-man

Because he got his powers from a spider. It doesn't mean he has to embody every single feature of a spider.

He doesn't have eight eyeballs, either.

And yet I don't once recall Batman running out of Batarangs or something.
It just feels...kinda cheap. Like "okay NOW he runs out of...nah give it another few panels".

Try it, but given your opinions, I doubt you have the intelligence or the opposable thumbs to carry it out.

Yeah, the wrist slit kinda freaks me out.

And then there's this guy.

Most cases Bats either loses his belt or some other bullshit

>Which one? And why?

Both.

His having organic webbing makes sense on account of his mutations. He should have them. However, to the extent that he uses webbing, his organic webs just wouldn't be enough. Thus why he'd have to rely on synthetic webbing via a mechanical apparatus (shooters).

If you wanted to balance out the usage/usefulness of them, you could say that while the synthetic webbing is more versatile because he can make a shitload of it and propel it via the shooters, his organic webbing is much stronger but very limited and would thus only use it for really big shit that the synthetic webbing coudln't handle.

Why would he need to extend his pinky and index fingers in that scenario?

Besides, we all know the real reason why he does it is because he's Viewtiful, baby.

Spiders have 8 legs and make silk. That's like defining Kindergarden tier understandings of them.

Spider-Man doesn't do either. Spiders aren't really known for their strength either. Ants and some beetles are though.
His name and concept is from decades past.

Spider-Man's powers have always felt ill defined. His strength, endurance, resistance, danger sense, wall climbing, and various other abilities have been explained as being both innate and a result of his suit. Frankly I don't care, write whatever is the most interesting.

None of his other powers are inherently spider-related. He's really strong, can stick to walls, and has minor precognition. It's like he got lesser versions of 3 random x-men's powers and turned it into his own theme.

SPIDERS DONT SPRAY WEB LIKE A PROJECTILE YOU STUPID RETARDED FUCKS

TAKE YOUR ORGANIC MEME SHIT AND GTFO

I can buy into Peter getting bitten by some spider and that giving him strength, spider-sense, webbing, and the ability to crawl. But I just can't buy into him being able to make webbing on part-time high school kids budget, especially for how much he uses it.

The utility belt of Batman is kind of the opposite of web shooters and cartridges. Whereas the shooters are meant to occasionally run out to raise dramatic tension, the utility belt is meant to give Bats an edge in any situation. You can't even take it away from him usually, it's electrified nowadays.

make the gesture yourself right now without extending your pinky and index fingers, you'll see why

Im sick of seeing this thread. Fucking summerfaggots I swear

>He should have them.

No he shouldn't. You can't just decide which powers he "should" have, people don't actually become superhuman when a radioactive spider bites them.

I mean, if he "should" have organic web, then he "should" also shoot it from his butt instead of his wrists.

Peter's intelligence has always been side lined as a superhero, I feel like the web shooters are a bit cheap (literally anyone can use them) just like its a "oh yeah he's smart, here's a reminder"

>the ability to crawl
>a super power

CRAWLING-MAN! HE CRAWLS! CAN YOU CRAWL? NO!

I've BEEN pressing my two middle fingers to my palm without extending those fingers. It is both more comfortable and more practical.

The web shooters look cooler, so that one.

lol

None of Spider-Man's powers are spider like in any way shape or form.

His wall crawling ability is biomagnetism, not insectile grasping hairs

His spider sense is a telepathic ability

His super strength is not something a spider has

His agility is not something a spider has

Why would he ever have organic web shooters?

Spider-Man is a mutate with latent awoken abilities, this is why his emotions can effect his powers and how they can bring forth odd mutations like Man-Spider

One of Spidey's web shooters broke during his fight with Electro in Amazing Spider Man 2 which created natural tension that Spidey had to overcome. And that was probably the best thing the movie did.

If he doesn't produce his own web - what's the need for him being a spider genetic splicer (seper reflexes, durability and shit are not actually associated with spiders - you can just go and swim in radioactive wastes like every second superhero/villian does)? then again, if you do can produce web, you have to be consistent (pic related). So the only way for him to shoot web out of his wrists (which is iconic and shit, therefore out of debate) is to milk his asshole while not heroing and then loading it into his shooter.

Anyone can shoot the web, but do you have the strength to swing at high G-forces?

he themed himself after a spider his powers are barely related to the spider

and it's harder to regulate the pressure your middle and ring finger would have on the trigger, use your brain man.

Web shooters are more practical. What if his body's supply of organic webbing runs out when he's hundreds of feet in the air between skyscrapers? He can't just eat an emergency sandwich and generate more webbing in the scant few seconds before he splats on the pavement.

I'd imagine most heroes, yes.

He'd be able to feel that like how a runner knows when they're running out of energy.

The same argue can be made for artificial since you have to constantly keep re-fueling them and keeping an eye out on them

>literally anyone can use them
Well to be fair 90% of what Spider-Man does with them would dislocate a shoulder or rip an arm clean off for people without some level of super strength. It's a good tool to use with his power set. Though that doesn't explain why he doesn't make a billion dollars marketing that shit. It's not like it's too dangerous to be in anyone's hands. And even with it breaking down after a few hours it has a million uses.

These threads will never end.

Webshooters, or else people can tell he's a mutant from looking at his wrists.

Do you fucking idiots actually think spiders produce webbing from their asses?

also villains cutting his grappling hook line and him falling mid jump, used for the same effect as losing his belt.

Because it kinda looks like a spider when you make that hand shape. And extending the pinky and index a bit is more natural. Not all the way out though.

if it's a biological function he would be able to tell when he's running low ala how every guy knows when he's about to stop pissing.

Either one is fine. The organic webbing makes sense in that he has mutated more than once and it emphasizes the inhuman nature a lot of people see in Spiderman. The mechanic gives him tech variations though like impact webs and exploding web capsules. I'd like to see him using both actually.

They produce webbing from spinnerets which are located in the posterior of their abdomen, right next to their anus. An area roughly equivalent to the "ass."

Seems like peter should be able to devise a way to make his webbing change colour when he's almost out like till printer paper.

Mechanical because it shows he was smart enough to make them and because he can do more things with them than organic web shooters.

Wait, Spiderman being able to websling naturally was Raimi's idea, and not canonical to the original series? That's the stupidest goddamn thing I ever heard. What's the point of calling a superhero Spiderman if he can't physically manifest the one superpower that actually ties him to spiders?

The point is that he could potentially bring way more artificial webbing with him, rather than being limited to what his body could store in its web glands or whatever at any given time. And upon returning from superheroing, he couldn't have any way of restocking other than waiting for his body to generate more. Instant replenishment from stockpiles is out of the question.

Maybe he used tech to redirect his ass juice to his wrists.

No because he'd also be limited in what he can carry around, at least with organic it'd be stored in his body and he wouldn't need a bunch of pockets in a skin tight suit to carry cartage around

All of his powers are based on spiders, they just aren't unique TO spiders. Neither is spinning silk, for what it's worth.

Then why the fuck does he a dress as a spider, and invent web guns of all things to fight crime.
I don't care how useful webs are, it doesn't make sense why he would suddenly decide that being a Spider is his thing, just because it relates to how he got his powers.

He tried selling it before, but since the webs dissolve in about two hours they didnt want it.

The issue I have with Spider-man using mechanic shooters is that at that point he doesn't really need the powers.

You're telling me he can create the webs/shooter but then can't upgrade his suit with a bunch of shit? He could easily make wall crawling features and increase his durability/strength with it similar to Black Panther's suit.

>this completely invented reductive reasoning
Are you seriously this retarded? It's aesthetics and nothing more. Do you seriously think Jack Kirby or whoever first sketched up the gesture sat down and said "what is the most logical position for the hands to be in to activate a hidden mechanism?" No, they drew it because it looked cool. You're disrespecting comic books' roots with all this ex-post-facto "practicality" bullshit plaguing the industry. THEY'RE POWER FANTASY SUPER HEROES. They're not supposed to make sense.

>why does a nerd attach to the idea of what gave him his first taste of power
Golly user, I just dunno.

Because he got his powers from a fucking spider.

Best compromise: he creates web naturally, but invents the shooters to direct and shoot it, because he can't do that himself.

I like to think it help him aim

I think Peter should call himself Bug-man.

>His wall crawling ability is biomagnetism, not insectile grasping hairs
That's retarded
>His spider sense is a telepathic ability
I thought it's just a way to represent spider's reaction speeds and isn't literally seeing the future
>His super strength is not something a spider has
Spiders basically have superior strength relative to their size, which is what Peter is supposed to have.
>His agility is not something a spider has
I think that just comes from the super strength and the fact Peter is pretty petite.

Bats fly, Batman doesn't fly

Peter is not a king and has very few resources. He has to take pictures of himself so he and may can eat.

>he doesn't really need the powers
And yet he still has them. I don't really see the issue.

>just because it relates to how he got his powers

Spider-Man is a 1960's character, the hottest shit in the 1960's was 007 spy gadgetry, of course his whole gimmick is gadgets and overly explained ways of using them.

regardless of what you think those are the in canon explanations.

Yeah, but Batman also wasn't called Batman because a mutated bat bit him and gave him bat related superpowers.

no, but arachnid's abdomen still corresponds to the lower body of a mamal. so if spinnerets are to pop out - then somewhere around the ass.

but he doesn't need to do those things because he has super powers.

Bat can't fly too. only glide.

He does glide

>regardless of what you think those are the in canon explanations.

It's still retarded
Maybe Raimi's Spider-man deserves more credit than it gets

>Bat can't fly too

Wrong

he's poor as fuck, his web shooters are entirely analog, made our of junk in a basement and house hold chemicals

maybe but the comic book way of giving him organic web shooters was to make him into a magical totem which is even more retarded

i like the organic web concept,give him more superpowers

Mechanical Web Shooters add for artificial tension in fights and allow you to see cool shit like peter reloading, it also fits his character but makes no sense how hes timed it perfectly to go away after 2 hours

Organic Web Shooters get rid of the tension for more spider-man moments, such as the train scene, we can also see more scenes of spidey just swinging doing his thing, albeit with no tension attached.

Both are good for their own scenario's, stop bitching about the comics because the comics are actual god damn garbage at explaining his Web Shooters plus it's fucking idiotic that out of all his spider powers, THE BIGGEST ONE isn't one he gets naturally but has to make.

>I thought it's just a way to represent spider's reaction speeds and isn't literally seeing the future
Spider sense is low level precognition. He doesn't he any visuals of the future, just a sense something is about to happen.

Kek

yeah, he was bitten by a radioactive detective!

It's this just one guy posting the "raimifag" stuff right? It's like the barneyfag thing?

>makes no sense how hes timed it perfectly to go away after 2 hours

2 hours is just for comic book convenience, but it's perfectly plausible that it would be roughly consistent in how long it takes to break down.

the 2 hours thing is supposed to be how long it takes for the web to dry out and become brittle, if it's wet it would remain sticky and not degrade nearly as fast.

>Which one? And why?

I like organic shooters for the following reasons:

-It just feels appropriate thematically that'd he be able to shoot webs naturally; he is a spider-man after all. I know a lot of people get upset about, "well why would he shoot them from his wrists?" and my answer to that is: it doesn't have to make sense scientifically, it just has to make sense thematically or contextually. Spiders after all don't have super strength and durability after all, so whatever.

-If spider-man could just 'make' spinerettes, why does he need to be bitten by a spider? The whole super hero personae begins to fall apart if he can fabricate one of his most important powers because who's to say he can't just fabricate all of his powers? For that matter, why doesn't he just fabricate or replicate betters ones? Start investing in himself, selling gadgets, ideas, patents, etc.. He's just shoehorning himself at this point.

-Keep in mind though that I'm a crazy outlier and I like the idea that spider-man's current powers are just very superficial, early-symptom, mutations/abilities and that through time, practice, and discipline he could awaken or otherwise branch into further useful mutations: more arms, more eyes, neato retractable venomous fangs, etc.. As he fights an internal conflict between devolving into a giant spider to have the power to save and protect people vs retaining his humanity for it's convenience.

But I'm pretty sure the spider-man people would rather experiment with him being black, dating midgets, being poor, having a hot aunt, or whatever.

>SPIDERS DONT SPRAY WEB LIKE A PROJECTILE YOU STUPID RETARDED FUCKS

They do though: news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/science-animals-ground-spider-shooting-silk-discovery/
Nature.

This

Does Superman call himself Kyrpton-man and have a picture of the sun on his chest?

>Spider-Man: The Other

now that was a shit story

I bet you feel silly now

>They do though: news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/science-animals-ground-spider-shooting-silk-discovery/
>Nature.
he didn shoot it tho - he glued it to the ground between himself and the other spider an then basically ensnared him.

Does Superman have something to do with Spider-Man? Why are you changing the subject all of a sudden?

The normal 2-bit punk is not going to know Bruce's parents were murdered or that Spider-man has mechanical web shooters user.

Normal people ain't too serious about superheroes having to do EVERYTHING their named after.

>batman should pluck out his eyes and only make a high pitched screeching sound