Kill Six Billion Demons K6BD

>In retrospect I really should have timed page 6-66 to line up with something far more metal than an interlude with tea

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8YP4RrYJ95M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>“The king Au Vam was known for keeping a peculiar member of his council – a low-born scullion, who would serve tea for his grand war parties. This country maid kept the company of ten of the most powerful generals in the Yellow City, and was privy to their most tenebrous plans, yet was scarcely sixteen summers of age and educated not a whit.
>Her purpose was thus: if the grand designs and monolithic schemes of any of these mighty and august men could not pass the base the judgement of a girl of sixteen summers, they were immediately discarded.
>Thus did Au Vam win nearly all of his battles.”
>-Histories of the Yellow City, Vol. 32, paragraph 3 (A.S.C. 189)

Someone rig up that bottom middle panel with the Darkest Dungeon stress-out thing.

White chain going through an angsty teenage phase.

>if the grand designs and monolithic schemes of any of these mighty and august men could not pass the base the judgement of a girl of sixteen summers, they were immediately discarded.
>could not pass the base the judgement of a girl
Anyone else having trouble understanding that sentence?

It's probably supposed to be "the base judgement."

>white chain was reborn a month ago
>acts like an emo teen
It's perfect. When are they going to experiment?

Anyone understand what it means to "pass the base judgement"? Like, for her to understand it or think that it'd work?

I think it means that if she judged the plans as stupid then they probably were; it's operating under the assumption that someone uneducated would be unaware of the conventional wisdom and would call out blatant stupidity.

Base in this context means "most simple".

If the plan could not be explained to a normal person, then it was discarded.

I had a feeling that was it, but needed a second opinion.

You know how in WWI, you got generals and commanders who were ordering new offensives despite the last hundred of them failing the exact same way or ordering thousands of men to charge into machine gun fire for little to no gain. You know decisions that even a 5 year old would deem bad and yet almost every army in the great war had a large amount of this kinds of commanders until they were weeded out by the war's end. It's kinda like that. Caught up in their hubris, powerful men often make mistakes that even your average joe with no militarily knowledge will notice.

pff whats the deal with 82 White Chain Born With a Stick Up Her Ass

>82 White Chain Born With a Stick Up Her Ass Returns To Poop Parties

youtube.com/watch?v=8YP4RrYJ95M

why did I do this?

2 Bears High Fiving is a valid angel name.

Wait... this isn't about jews!

>Psssh, nuthin personnel human

This is great and you should feel great.

>white chain was reborn a month ago
No? Where did you get that from.

Fantastic. Great job.

like, she was killed and turned into a bird and now she's back in another armor, Isn't that kinda being reborn?

No you're confusing her brief banishing to the astral plane as being killed. That wasn't her getting killed her flame was just forced out of her body with the vacus needles. If she had actually died her flame would have turned to stone like we saw Delicious do when 6 Juggernaut killed her. It would have also taken many many years to reincarnate.

somethin

I feel genuinely bummed that White Chain isn't Good Cop White Chain anymore... It's one of the few things that didn't work for me in the comic, how he got punished over some nonsensical thing that shouldn't have been of any importance.

She'll get better with time. Know that angels are not designed for change so for White Chain to learn the true terrible nature of things it's like a giant slap to the face.

nice!

>he

>She
It can call itself whatever it wants, but I don't see why we need to partake in the charade

She's in a weird place right now, didn't she just recently learn that Metatron is alive?

WC doesn't even call himself? themself? a she though. It's just everyone else that does.

So is 82WCBIERTSE just a gay twink?

I don't know about the gay part, but sure.

inb4 'check your privilege, 82WC is nonbinary!'

Then again I wonder what passes for Tumblr in Throne, and who posts in it. (It's mostly Gog-Agog.)

>Gog-Agog
>tumblr

Remember that time Abaddon said there'd be yuris but not what we were expecting (ie Allison/Cio)?

Yeah it's coming

the only twink angel is 6 juggernaut

You're a genius.

He definitely gives Alucard vibes there

You're right
Gog-Agog would be right at home in Reddit

White Chain wants to be a girl, though. Hence her form in the Void and the corresponding offers of becoming a brothel whore from that one goblin at the beginning. And an angel's form has very much to do with their own sense of self-identity, hence
Juggernaut's appearance here. The Thorns reject humanity and embrace the harshness of the Law they mete out to others, hence their sharp and painful appearances, but we see Juggernaut here wavering for a moment and exposing weakness.

And I still think Juggernaut's a girl here.

This was my prediction, yeah.

White Chain feels girly, though I think it has more to do with wanting to be like a human than wanting to be a girl. And their view seems to be that humans=feminine, probably because of the black flame, so it defaults to a feminine form.

No, White Chain said it herself. She asked what's wrong if she felt feminine? Confirming the fact that she does, indeed, wish to be a woman.

You are a good person.

Probably.

Also, all the gods embody feminine and masculine traits to different degrees. Even Ogam as well, though it's specifically mentioned that it'd be quite shocking to see him traipsing around in the form of a woman.

Masculinity and femininity are just traits to embody. Humans aren't more feminine than, say, Servants are. I'm sure other angels warp into feminine forms for other reasons than wanting to be women, but I think White Chain specifically wants to BE a woman.

>White Chain feels girly, though I think it has more to do with wanting to be like a human than wanting to be a girl.
Michael and other angels criticized White Chain because of the humanity more than because of the girly look. Notice how in response to the feminine part the angel doesn't seem particularly bothered, but they certainly were more hostile to the idea of a human WC.

>what has been seen can never be unseen

I never argued otherwise?

The fact that White Chain wants to be a woman falls UNDER the fact that he wants to embody a HUMAN trait (that is, of being a man or woman).

And the angel doesn't feel bothered because he's been chilling in the void, user. They don't care at all. In fact, that's why White Chain got so pissed off after returning to them to discuss what she witnessed (Metatron) and they just gabbed on and on. They don't care about White Chain looking human as long as she doesn't ACT human.

Michael feared that White Chain's female appearance was a sign of White Chain embodying human traits, but the Void angels think it's fine to LOOK female so long as they aren't acting like a human. Since, after all, quite a number of them look like human males, Metatron being the prime example.

The problem with White Chain, again I have to reiterate this to make it clear, is that she wants to be like a human female, which falls UNDER wanting to be like a human. And wanting to be human isn't limited to being female, user, hence the fact that we have men and women (and Black Gods are not female nor do they exclusively have only feminine traits, just that some lean towards embodying only feminine traits).

The reason they're not offended or angry is because they're completely DETACHED while Michael is still rather dedicated to upholding the Law in Throne.

CUTE

I haven't really noticed that but it's an interesting perspective.

I still wonder to what degree angels have control over their forms. It seems to be that their state of mind has a large influence on it, but there is some degree of conscious control. White chain ripping off their face, and juggs keeping up the spiky skeleton form.

>I-it's not like I WANT to take the wheel to you... or anything! B-baka!

Purely a guess, but I would assume that a physical trauma on their form, like in White Chains cause can make changes like scars on a human, and that mentally forcing a form can also work, like Juggs, but both are still a subject to their emotions and personality.

How the fuck do angel's get their names? This has been bothering me for a while.

I think they were created with them.

well all of their names reflect their purpose/motivation so they probably name themselves/are given names after meditating and divining their goal

Y-You mean White Chain and Juggernaut? But that's f-forbidden love, user!!

I don't think that's it. All of the angels we saw in the void were more abstract in form or at least a weird mix of features from humanoids, animals and objects. Since angels are supposed to completely dedicate themselves to the Law, most of them must feel that self identity beyond their names (which are taken from holy texts, notice) and motivations are not meant for angels at all. That's why she is seen as a "deviant". Also, the angels in the void just seem to not care about anything at all apart from their own pressence there, supposedly awaiting for reform; of course they don't care about her looks.

See, both of these are the obvious answers but they're contradicted by the Angels we know. Michael and Metatron both just have name, names. Which would seem like they were made with them.

All the other angels are descriptive of the angel or their personality, so it's less clear. Do they get to pick a new one every reincarnation?

Oh shit, do they have to pick an ENTIRELY new one every reincarnation? Like a username or email address? So the older Angels could just pick names but as more died and had to be renamed they started doing longer more complicated descriptions.

I think it's for two reasons, it sounds more badass when the name is short, but that also means that the strongest, most badass angels, who would obviously die the least, would get shorter names. A bit like devils except they never change. And changing or picking new names wouldn't fit with the whole unchanging white flame theme.

Maybe it works a bit like with the devils, in that the longer your name is the less power you tend to have. Maybe the more they get reincarnated the more they add to their names?

Michael, Metatron, and Juggernaut Star are still in their single digit-reincarnations after all, and their names are super short.

Unlikely. Metatron and Michael probably have the names they do because they are the oldest of the angels. The other angels seem to be younger than them, newer, and their names are probably different because of the concordance with humanity.

After all, the names are related to their function and job. It seems likely to me that their names change when their function changes, if that's even a thing that happens.

That doesn't really make sense, because Liminal Blossom has the longest name we've seen so far and they've got 60 less deaths than White Chain.

Michael is an angel from the Concordance, so rightly he should have a name like all the rest if having names is a Prime Angel thing.

Oh wait, apparently Michael is still a Prime Angel? He reincarnated first sure, but he was still part of the concordance like all Angels except for Metatron.

The number is not the amount of true death, it's the amount of respawns. When an angel's body get killed but their flame is still strong, it's just a respawn instead of a true death. When they get true death'd they'd reincarnate anyways.

This is great. Someone show it to Abbadon.

Trust me, user, he'll probably see it himself. He's been here other times, I think.

He's not in every thread though. So chances are he won't see it unless someone posts it for him when he shows up.

Come on Abaddon, you've made tea plenty metal.

Prime angels were probably made first and considering the size of throne and the sheer number we see in the background, it could be that there were so many of them that there were no names left in the universe after all of them were named. So when it came to creating the 'lesser' angels, Koss probably resorted to more esoteric means of naming them.

I thought the angels we see now and the original prime angels are one and the same, they just spent a long time being formless in the void.

Nope.

The prime angels all had their bodies shattered by Zoss, who proceeded to chase them into the Void and beat them into a state of reincarnation from which they would never awaken. The only exceptions are Metatron, who was never slain in the Void and only crippled, and Michael, who managed to reincarnate for some inscrutable reason.

So you're saying that one of the prime angels was called Clyde.

>everything you tried to represent was proven false
>your mentor turned out to be the leader of your worst enemies
>your companions cared only about the fact that you felt like a woman
>listening to a member of the race that caused this entire shitstorm
>lel why so edgy White Chain xd?
White Chain has every right to be angsty

>from which they would never awaken
wrong, they were just alive for so many eons before zoss showed up that it'll take countless eons for them to reincarnate

>tfw you're a lawman of heaven and Super-God gave you the name Clyde
>tfw you have to pass judgement on the mortal world under the name Clyde
>tfw you work alongside Awesome McCoolname and he's great and everyone loves him.
>tfw budget prime angel

>everything you tried to represent was proven false

How the fuck is this the case? The law doesn't exist, but in her heart White Chain cares about helping people. She's literally just being peer pressured right now. She'll come back around when she realizes she can be her own person and still do the right thing.

You're making an assumption. She might well not come back around and continue down the path of the Thorns, but this doesn't matter in the context of this scene. Right now, she is angry because of aforementioned reasons, and also being lectured. While the girl was also disillusioned with the person she was looking up to, her disillusionment doesn't even compare to the one of White Chain, since she didn't really sacrifice anything for her beliefs, while White Chain died for hers 81 times.

White Chain has, essentially, been tricked. Nothing has changed about her or the world she lives in. No revelation she has seen so far contradicts her previous convictions.

She's angsty because she's scared and impressionable, not because something she knew to be true was actually proven wrong. She just thinks it was.

I can't believe the only reason this thread has lasted this long was arguments over sjw-tier [shit that doesn't matter]. Did everone stop caring after the end of the devil contest?

Maybe we could actually talk about the last few pages, since their threads ended before I got a chance to do that.

I didn't notice how confused the mechanic looks before.

He's adorable.

Well first and foremost Abbys' work is
A E S T H E T I C
as fuck and I love him for it, gonna bump up my patreon pledge once money is a little less tight.

My current running bet on who dies first is one of the face devils. The twofer deal is cute but ripe for tragedy.

How long till a gelatinous cube drops on someone?

I like Vigilant Gaze. Wish we'd end up seeing more of this guy.

>Oscar's pupils turned circular

I wonder what's going through his head at this point.

Do you think Allison is actually going to kill Mammon at the end of all this, or is she just going to grab Zaid and get out of there?

>mammon
>grand dragon hiding in his massive fortress full of gold and wealth

I have a feeling it's going to turn out like Mother Om. They enter the vault, Confront Mammon (and they talk for a bit), they get Zaid and bail/fight, Mammon has his "I am fire, I am death" moment (bonus points for crashing through several walls and pillars), and ends up being fucked over but alive in the end.

I'm pretty sure he's always scratching his head when idle.

He's hiding an erection.

Abbadon has been hyping up Oscar as pretty {EVIL} recently, so I guess he might try to fuck Allison over, and pay the price.
I doubt that, since Oscar is simply too bad a dude to die.
I also don't want the Cat Master to die, since he's probably my favourite design and character concept, but since he's the bruiser, he has increased chances of biting the bullet.

All in all, I think that either all the fan characters will die, or none of them. We are yet to see one fall. I also don't think any of the fan-submitted Pursuers died.

My assumption was that Oscar was gonna have them all die and absolutely not give a single shit about it. From the start he knew they were gonna die and hired them anyway.

Well, it's not like devils can die per se, but they can get their masks destroyed, which means the death of their personalities/characters.

Pretty sure that's all angels.

No, she did not. She did not turn to stone in the void and was reborn. Just because she was banished to the void, doesn't mean she was reborn.

Jesus, White Chain, way to bring down the fucking hammer.

...I'm so into that idea.

Apparently Abby promised a badass fight between Vigilant Gaze and Juggs.

Amazing.

>hypes herself up as a great fighter
>runs around smacking bugs with a pipe
Nicely done, Princess.