Most Franco-Belgian/Continental European comics are garbage...

Most Franco-Belgian/Continental European comics are garbage. People only give them a pass because of the art and the occasional nudity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you shit on a show without watching at least three episodes, you're fucking stupid.

>I use introductions as indicator to tell me the quality of a cartoon. If the creators don't give a shit about the first thing that people see, I'm not going to bother with the show.
>TF2 Comics should be the standard on how digital comics should be done.
>It pisses me off that cartoons backed by multi-billion dollar corporations can't produce a cartoon that looks just as good as Double King.
>I had high hopes for Uncle Grandpa, but was severely disappointed by it when I first watched it. I'm glad that it died.
>Cartoons never will be accepted as anything meaningful. There are very few cartoons that are an exception, and they are mostly Disney movies.

Rebirth is trash and I'm glad sales are going to shit even if it means a cancer like Marvel is winning.

Even if a show supposedly gets better afterward, I never watch it if the first episode isn't intriguing.

Why can't the whole be good start from finish? A book can be good start from finish. A symphony can have all of its acts be wonderful. Why not a TV show?

You are objectively wrong. Go and read more.

Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run should've ended with Blackest Night, or at least focused on something other than the damn feeling colors after it for a while.
Brian Michael Bendis's New Avengers first series is underrated here. Disassembled and Mighty Avengers aren't good though. Also, this is slightly off-topic but I don't get why Secret War (no plural S) isn't considered part of his overall run if House of M, Secret Invasion and even Civil War (which he didn't even write) are by a lot of fans.
Ivan Reis and the colorist he's often paired with, whose name I can't remember at the moment, aren't that good together.
Will Eisner was a far better storyteller than Jack Kirby. Like, it's not even a contest. Kirby was a better idea man though.

I am not wrong.

you're right

If it weren't for my family, my fear of death, and my all-encompassing lackadaisy/ennui, I'd surely have killed myself by now. I have no idea what I even want from life or for myself. I've been given a loving and understanding support system, a middle-class lifestyle to live comfortably with, and an existence free of most hardships- and I do nothing with it. I just ghost through my days. Wake up late, vidya/Sup Forums, McShitJob, back to vidya/Sup Forums till 3 or 4 in the morning. It's like the movie Groundhog Day, but I'm still moving forward and holy shit I can't stop anything. No real change or movement in any direction. Too lazy to really improve myself, too terrified of consequences to allow myself to really spiral downward. I don't even want to exist anymore.
/blogpost

The push for Progressive themes such as homosexual relationships and discrimination more often than not severly damages the story of the show/comic/cartoon, especially when it's about a gay couple with the protagonist (usually a white, straight male) getting pushed to the side, often with humilating and/or painful moments. Examples include Adventure Time, Homestuck, Doctor Who and what have you.

i hate marvel

The superhero genre is a malignant tumor that has destroyed american comics and now has found a new host in movies.

the superhero genre saved comics and currently saving movie theaters, get fucked.

speaking about foreign comics, there was one about this farmer who had a busty daughter, that was getting basically raped by the doctors, and then he killed em by raping them.

What was the comic...

Shouldn't you be foiling cardinal dclieu's plans, mouseketeer?

Is it me or did Sup Forums do a 180 flip on it's stances on OTPs. I mean, It's now more acceptable to make a shipping thread than it is to make a powerlevel thread

Japan should have been nuked until it sank into the sea.

there was a /aco/ storytime of that one

>sales going to shit

Since when?

I resent you all for not being able to see a single project to completion. Also for being half baked idea men who can't draw.

There is nothing unlikable about Katara or Korra.

If the big two went under there would be many splinter comic companies popping up and eventually animation studios to compete with anime studios.

I only read DC for GLs and Marvel for mutants.

Shapeshifters make no sense.

Fox is flinging spaghetti at the screen and calling it mutants.

Black Widow should have gotten her own movie.

I loved MoS, i know its not a perfect movie. But i think its better than most comic movies. I think it gets a ton of undeserved hate. Suicide Squad is one of the worst movies i have ever seen.

I find the recent crop of superhero movies to be dull, artless crap that I somehow have to like because I read superhero comics.

May

i dont actually read that many comics

user, my best suggestion is to try to find something to do on your free time. Like find a hobby.

John didn't deserve the future he got.

There is nothing wrong with a cartoon having an animesque art style.

Marvel's current cartoons are decent at worst.

Right Now Kapow and Elenna of Avalor are underrated.

Legend of Korra was good excluding the second season.

Everything. OK! I’ll talk! In 3rd grade, I cheated on my history exam. In 4th grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. 5th grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog. When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out.

But the worst thing I ever done; I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa, and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

Also, I'm the Lindbergh baby and miss my fly-fly da-da.

Ok KO is an ok show. Like it's just 5/10. I don't understand the love that it gets.

I feel the over reporting of 'diversity' in comics and media overall has contributed to making race relations worse.

I feel really, really guilty for reading comics online for free. Even though a lot of it wouldn't have been worth paying for. I don't hate the creators---well, maybe Bendis, a little----but I think a lot of the crap, say, Nick Spencer gets, is undeserved. We don't know how much editorial and coporately mandated shit they're dealing with.

Also storytimes really do lead to more sales, as I am a case in point with Gwenpool which I recently bought the whole run of.

I wish waifuposting was bannable. That guy who has like a thousand pictures of Carol Danvers on his computer is fucking creepy.

The culture war shit is really overblown. I hate SJWs as much as anyone but most people bitching about it don't read comics and have no clue what they're talking about.

I'm tired of the Calarts meme, but I'm also tired of what it's trying to mock. I'm tired of everything being so simple and cookie-cutter just because it's easier to produce for low budget. Labor laws aside, I'll never understand how anime can look so good in such a short time, and yet shows like Steven Universe get quarterly hiatuses and continue to deteriorate in quality; and that's still a pretty decent looking show. Most other shows falling into this format are far worse. That's the whole reason I can't get into OKGO from the getgo, without knowing anything else about it. It's just generic looking.

I'm also tired of networks specifically trying to make programs around their conceived statistics. Like, the last two open projects Nick was accepting ideas for were so contrived; must be about a duo or trio within this environment. Plots should circle around these specific points. And so forth. Like, we don't have enough 'Cool Slacker Duos in School.' I just want something made for the sake of being entertaining.

I watched Darkwing Duck again after plenty of years... and think it's pretty stupid and embarrassing. Might have something to do with my possibly developed depression, though. I'm now curious to see if I feel that way about other Disney-cartoons as well, though I recall watching one Gummibears episode a few weeks ago and didn't feel as harshly about it. Not to mention I've yet to fully read the DWD-comics.

The DCEU has been very mediocre for the most part, I don't understand why so many anons jerk the movies off on Sup Forums and /tv. I really enjoyed MoS though, but that's about it.

Johns' JSA is the peak of cape comics imo.

I used to frequent both Sup Forums and Sup Forums, but Sup Forums is a worthless cesspit that managed to traumatize me so Sup Forums is now the only board I frequent.

The best cape stuff I've seen this year so far have been TV episodes. Self Control from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Lian Yu from Arrow to be exact.

Company wars are completely stupid.

Dobson threads are hilarious and they never get old for me.

The Kamandi Challenge is the best comic going at the moment.

I love The Force Awakens and Rogue One.

I wish DC would bring back SOLO.

The Wrong Trousers is the greatest animated film of all time.

>Black Widow should have gotten her own movie.
>I loved MoS, i know its not a perfect movie. But i think its better than most comic movies
>There is nothing wrong with a cartoon having an animesque art style.
Agreed on all this...

Although I'm a liberal, I think that progressive themes in comics are cynically used to cover for an alarming lack of talent when the artistic validity of a comic is questioned.

I am sorry ro read that, user. But I do believe you can improve your life, you just need to start somewhere, you just lost your way for now, thats probably just it.

Here, this may or may not help you
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

>I only read DC for GLs and Marvel for mutants.
I am so sorry, user

>Legend of Korra was good excluding the second season.
The last one was almost as bad, and no I'm not talking about the ending.

>If the big two went under there would be many splinter comic companies popping up
Most shops live off of primarily selling Big Two comics though. If they go, who's left of pick up the indies?

Comic prices are the reason why I don't collect. $5 per issue is fucking horse shit.

This whole diversity kick pisses me off. It's pandering to the highest level, and people seem to think racists are refusing to buy into it, but really its shitty writing and swapping iconic characters for blacky mcasianexican.

I only really keep tabs on Punisher comics because I like what he does, and his netflix series is going to be GOAT Marvel tv.

I miss good X-Men comics.

I think indiefriends believe that in the absence of comics they actually enjoy, everyone would suddenly want to read Chris Ware (pie charts) or Dan Clowes (uncomfortable mannequins) or Heselman (vomiting cats and owls).

It's weird becuase, I have read a lot of inie/underground stuff, and there really isn't anything I can think of that would justify removing capes based on its overwhelming quality. Stuff like American Splendor and Crumb's work in general are fantastic, but, by and large, indy is just not that good.

Maybe NYC or LA could support a shop full Of indy comics, but most places it would sink like a stone.

I love MoS and BvS
I write shipping fics. I'll write fics for shows I haven't seen if I find one of the girls cute
I hate Pixar, but I hate The Incredibles most of all and can't understand the following behind it
I'm a massive waifufag.
I can't stand Ed Edd and Eddy. The art style is dreadful, the voice acting is nails on a chalk board, and every character is irtedemably grating.

>Most Franco-Belgian/Continental European comics are garbage.

90% of everything is garbage. I'll still take Franco-Belgian comics as a whole over capeshit as a whole any day.

>I'm only following one marvel book atm (ultimates^2) and it feels oddly good. Everything I was following finished or switched creative teams and its a nice break form a universe I was getting confused by
>The current run of Detective Comics started out pretty good but has gotten too big for its own britches. I don't think I like the idea of bat-family as paramilitary squadron anymore
>King's run on Batman is actually good and you need to re-read it.

>I find it weird that a lot of fan-favorite indies from 2-3 years ago like deadly class and east of west don't get that much attention now despite still being consistently good
>Brian K. Vaughn is a hack
>I'm glad Ales Kot is back in comics again
>I haven't watched a cartoon since 2013

Germany has easily the best voiceacting on the world

There's nothing wrong with there being black/mexican/gay/whatever characters in comics or cartoons. But, people who introduce them by having them replace iconic characters & not have them be interesting characters are doing more to piss people off than broadening the audience of their shit

people who worry about the increase of diversity in comics and character replacements tend to forget that people in comics don't really care what turbonerds want, and are trying to expand their income. comics is a business too

I love star but want her to suffer.

But that's not saying much when the best franco-belgian stuff is still dumb gag comics and lackluster space operas.