"The Ballad of Kite Man" Part One!

Other urls found in this thread:

www36.zippyshare.com/v/xJywTh4q/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kite man heaven yeah. I Cryed evertim

>devoting an issue of a flashback arc to a meme
Why

Guys is KiteMan suppose to be sexy?

Charlie Brown watch out for the kite eating tree.

The art looks so boring. It looked so much better in the half he did for the proposal issue.

I think it's good, shows how society of Gotham suffers everytime these big and crazy things happen and gives the victims a layer of depth and relatability. At least I hope that's what King's doing here.

Different inker and colorist. Danny Miki is a good inker for art that's supposed to look clean and detailed, Mann's art is supposed to look the opposite. And I don't even know who the colorist is.

I really hate this "Joker casually kills almost everyone that works for him" thing. It makes me question why anyone would ever work for him.

muh kino

So Batman doesn't care about endangering Kite-Man's life? If the Joker had killed him it would be Batman's fault.

the BOY is dead ?

Thanks for reading.
Support the official release!

Superman:

He gets cancer why do you think Charlie Brown is bald.

>riddler right under batman's foot
>joker easily found

Why is this war going on again?

Worse than that. Batman is basically responsible for getting Kite-Man's son killed.

Nice job, King.

POOR BOY NOW I ARE SAD :(

Kite Man...
Hell yeah!

It should've been stuck on a tree fucking hacks. If you are going to reference something don't do half measures.

Is that the "terrible thing" he mentioned to Selina?

So Batman got Riddler under his foot and probably could have knocked him out but he still got away.
And he had a rope around Scarecrow that could chocke him but he still got away.
And Joker was like 5 feet away from him draggin an adult man and he also got away.

Events.

I'm just gonna read Fudd again.

Probably not.

Batman 027 (2017) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www36.zippyshare.com/v/xJywTh4q/file.html

All of this happened before Dick became Robin?

>It makes me question why anyone would ever work for him

Same reason minions work for anyone. Why does Hydra have so many "true believers" or any DC villain has any number of hangers-on? Besides lazy writing, of course....

>Same reason minions work for anyone
Money? But if Joker kills you, you don't get paid.

This Riddler is growing on me but I do NOT like his design.

"It's my fault, Selina. My greatest failure: I made Kite Man (hell yeah)"

I love this page.
King has some really good "2 people sitting on a couch" scenes

>Ignoring Grundy about to crush him with a brick wall
You make it sound so easy

What to male stripper for you?

>For you

>Riddler is an edgy child-killer too
Just great

BRAVO KING
No seriously, this was a pretty good issue. Only Batfags will say otherwise.

Well it makes sense why he's in Arkham, also Batman make another villain

Damn, this is a really nice page

Dude, in Zero Year he destroyed a good portion of the city.

It makes sense that he'd make good on at least one of his threats at some point, otherwise nobody would give a fuck when he mentions their kid's name

Batman is 100% at fault for this child's death and the creation of yet another villain. Batman apologizes to the dude, but it's fucking meaningless since he's responsible for it since he forced this dude to get involved in this bullshit war.

>meme

now interwebz be we

He's been there before. I know of one story where he shoved a ping pong ball down an infants throat.

Batman had to cut it out.

It's canon that working for Joker gets you paid more for a job than with any other Bat-rogue.
Desperation does the rest.

And over in Marvel all the citizens are complete assholes, they follow Hydra for the Sup Forums shit over there.

Partially. Why do any Gotham minions works for any of the villains? Sure Joker will kill you - he's even done it on the animated shows, so it's not like it's something King is doing for the first time, but it's just convenient for the writers that minions will always sign up for someone for something as simplistic as money (or for no reason at all, since most minions are generally meaningless non-demionsional characters who rarely, if ever, get even a line of dialogue).

Batman kills Charlie Brown.

Wasn't Clayface good for a while? What happen

Okay, the Kite Man jokes just got dark. Damn it, King.

This war is in the past.

Clayface is still good and part of Batman's team in Detective Comics. This story is a flashback.

Good issue, thanks Norrin

>when you get into the stage and there's 2 warring factions but they suddenly only target you

he still is but I don't even give him to 975 before he's evil again

What is Batman Dark City for the summerfag?

Thanks guys.

that spread on Joker, dude you have no balls to ventilate why do this

>This is where the Hell Yeah comes from
O-oh
Also
>Charlie Brown flying a kite

I'm pretty sure someone at DC got inspired by my redesign.

Manspreading much? Fucking villain.

>Kite-Man says hell yeah because he doesn't care if he goes to heaven or hell when he dies
>Kite-Man says Hell Yeah because if his mom was right he'll be reunited with his son

It looks pretty similar and you're a filthy pervert

that is the first king book that i like..
What bruce did was terrible..But can not think this is the reason why selina says no ---

Why are you using punctuations as if you are a huge homo faggot?

She is 11.

>She
Stop this meme.

English is not my mother tongue...

It's not like that.
Brucie and Selina are both on the edge of full-tilt insanity, that's why they click so well: they can understand one another more than anyone else in the world.
It's a form of intimacy that transcends stuff like morality.
But they're both trying to hold it together and stay sorta sane-ish
... compared to the rest of Gotham.
Them being together would be like two addicts being together: it's only a matter of time before they start enabling each other and they both lose all control.

>Hell Yeah actually has deep personal meaning for him
this is not the kind of character development I was expecting for a running gag

Out of the mouths of babes?

Heh he he

So is there any explanation for why Selina wasn't around for the War of Jokes and Riddles?

Almost every other major player in Gotham was involved

She is around, but is probably just using the mayhem to her advantage and spending her time stealing shit.

Is anyone else bummed that for one of DC's flagship titles, and the whole concept of Rebirth, they decided to spend the first 2 of 6 issues having Bruce monologue over an almost mute Joker and Riddler. I just think it's kind of cheap. With all the mystery of Rebirth, the cliffhanger of not knowing whether or not Catwoman said yes or no to Bruce's proposal, and just about anything else they could have cooked up, its a 6 issue flash back, and so far the first two were kinda boring.
Is anyone else with me on this, or am I alone?

So whats the explanation for why none of any of the metahumans to be responding to a literal war in gotham?

To be fair, Batman is one of the least affected heroes to begin with. He's missing chunks of his live but unlike the others his bonds and such survived the New 52 happening.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. Could you explain further?

I thought this was dumb at first and could not see where it was going at all

what a fool I was

good punchline/setup/backstory, I enjoyed this

>Joker keeps Kite-Man alive because he's a hilarious fuck up who helped him get his groove back
...Hell Yeah?

You get how Rebirth is about the New 52 takes on the characters being the result of a cosmic horror (Dr. Manhattan is likely) making them weaker and divided by taking away history and bonds from them, the return of the original Wally West and what's going on with Superman being the cracks breaking through? Batman didn't really change when the New 52 hit, he's not like Barry Allen existing without the rest of the Flash family or the rest of the league only being around for "5 years" and a good deal of history missing. There isn't really much to work with if you want a tale of Batman discovering what he's lost to fit the theme of Rebirth.

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm good explaining this.

Wait, so Riddler murdered this guy's kid because he knew that he was just some dude being intimidated by a bunch of big players and as such would double-cross him? So why did he even play his hand and bring him in in the first place, which nearly led to him being caught?

Is there some grand riddle I'm not understanding here?

Yes.