How did Korra fail so hard when the original was one of the best cartoons of all time?

How did Korra fail so hard when the original was one of the best cartoons of all time?

We had basically this same thread only yesterday.

1.Way worse than the original for a varrying amount of reasons

2.Got shafted by Nick when it came to new episodes airing

3. Bryke are hacks who only got lucky from ATLA because they had writers on-staff making sure they didn't go full retard all the time

I for one wasn't on Sup Forums yesterday, so you two can fuck off.

It didn't. The series just matured with Korra while you never did.

HOLY SHIT OP BTFO

WTF I LOVE KORRA NOW

HAHAHA OP ON SUICIDE WATCH

BEST POST OF THE THREAD

10/10
OP REKT

ATLA is a million times more mature than LOK.

HOW WILL ALTAfags EVER RECOVER

It's simple. They had an SJW mindset

>How did Korra fail so hard when the original was one of the best cartoons of all time?
The original was done with a team of writers and boarders that consistently challenged and altered the base idea Mike and Bryan brought to the table.

After Avatar's ridiculous success, executives (being the idiots they are) chalked all of that success up to Mike and Bryan and gave them unlimited artistic control of their next project.

It's a similar phenomenon to the Star Wars prequels. The original was good because of the contributions of a lot of different people, perhaps even in SPITE of the input of the one's credited with the creation of the property.

Supposedly A New Hope was a colossal piece of shit in its original cut and Lucas' wife saved the film in the editing booth.

>those panties

why am i this hard?

Think it's a coincidence that there's currently six repeat posters in this thread?

And here we see the ever-retarded Sup Forumsposter

Nuance and grey area do not exist for this fascinating speciment.

From what I understand, Bryke had more people when writing ATLA. In Korra they basically had final say, which led to their shit ideas being put in whenever it was possible. On top of that they thought it was going to be a one season spin-off story but ended up getting renewed like 3 fucking times so they had to add more bullshit on top of the story right aftery they had just wrapped it all up.
That's the main reason. Other reasons include:

>obvious pandering
>shittily done fanservice
>keeping the series alive for no reason after the ratings drop
>moving premiers to online every other week (due to ratings drop, lol)
>an inept main character surrounded by wholly more interesting supporting cast
>ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE FUCKING LORE

Basically everything fans of the first one DIDN'T want to happen.

also this

The supporting cast was not wholly more interesting. They were all equally terrible.

moment to moment? yeah. but they had more interesting situations.
>Mako the beat cop
>Bolin the movie star
>admittedly bland Asami taking on corporate greed in a rapidly changing industrial world.
>Varrick

There was potential for good plots at least. all of the characters would have grown on me eventually, if I had ANY reason to root for them.

But you didn't. And to say they would have grown on your eventually would require better writing and time management which would require getting rid of half of them since they would serve no purpose.
And that would increase the quality of the show which would bring up everyone, including the inept main character which would make her a good main character surrounded by a good supporting cast rather than people who shouldn't be there in the first place.