All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #6 Storytime

Enter: The Fraternity of Raptors!

Other urls found in this thread:

freaksugar.com/gerry-duggan-all-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only popped in because of the promise of Darkhawk

But I see Duggan on the cover so I'll be definitely sticking around

Hey! I remember those guys!

If Chris doesn't show up on the last page, I'll be miffed.

Gardener?

Return in two weeks for the Drax Flashback with Greg Smallwood.

Find out why Drax has been so against fighting for the last few months...
I'm sure nothing bad has happened...

freaksugar.com/gerry-duggan-all-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-interview/

Support the official release!

This kinda feels like an Evangelion reference.

neat

i just want to see phyla again.

oh yeah I forgot the raptors exist

The retcon is still stupid.

Awwwww shit.
Thanks for the storytime, OP.

>All these letters about Phyla
Awww.

>You know what's funny, having Quill get hit by things. It works for Homer Simpson, so it works. He's just the music guy anyways.

>and of course he has to fail because he's useless, you know what he's good for...?

>more quips and jokes, also being the only member of the team who has no business being there since he have no fucking idea what's going on.
>What, why he's the leader if he knows nothing about anyone's agendas and is just a scared dudebro then?
>We made him the leader as a joke. See it rhymes.

>It was established Peter is well known across the universe by Giffen and DnA.
>Peter being amazed a Raptor knows his name
When is this shit movie thing gonna end? When is the Peter 'we keep him as the literal clown of the team' gonna end? This shit is Bendis tier.

Never, user. Never.

Reminder that DnA had Blastaar's minions strip Peter naked and shit in his helmet.

Talonar called him Peter Quill, everyone else across the galaxy knows him as Star-Lord and if you read the previous issue he meets with some aliens who recognize him as Star-Lord.

So where are they going with the Nega Band stuff? Are there any Kree characters who have been missing?

Mar-Vell and Phyla both had negabands. Phyla didn't use her's after Quasar tho so... Someone has jacked Mar-Vell's corpse?

Great issue. Duggan and Kuder are killin it on this series so far.

Mar-Vell's corpse would have no reason to be in a spacesuit.

I don't think the identity of the dead astronaut is important so much as who you swap with if you clang the two bands together.

It's a massive improvement over Bendis.

Which isn't saying a whole lot.

Solid run. Thaks op.

Solicits for the next few issues. Are you looking forward to what Duggan's doing?

ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • GREG SMALLWOOD (A)
Cover by AARON KUDER
Marvel vs. Capcom Variant Cover by TBA
• Drax has long been known as “The Destroyer”…but no more! He has forsaken all violence, and sworn never to again strike another in anger!
• And now, guest artist Greg Smallwood joins series writer Gerry Duggan to reveal what led our boy down the road of peace!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #8
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • AARON KUDER (A/C)
• Place your bets as Star-Lord takes on Talonar of the Raptors over a long-lost cosmic artifact!
• Plus: One of the Guardians is knocking at death’s door…but which?
• Your all-new guide to Marvel’s Galactic Realm continues its adventure through the cosmos!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #9
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)
Cover by AARON KUDER
ROCK-N-ROLL VARIANT COVER BY MIKE HAWTHORNE
VENOMIZED EGO THE LIVING PLANET VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Since the beginning of the series, the mystery has lingered…what happened to Groot that made him revert to being a tiny shrub?
• Why isn’t he growing back? And why does Rocket think it’s all his fault? Guest artist Mike Hawthorne joins his frequent Deadpool collaborator Gerry Duggan to tell the tale of the all-too-tragic hedge trimming!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #10
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • AARON KUDER (A/C)
• The Guardians have been caught between the Collector and the Grandmaster, between the Raptors and the Novas, between being “heroes” and getting paid…but between you and me, they might need to work things out between themselves…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #11
GERRY DUGGAN (W)
ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
HOW-TO-DRAW VARIANT COVER BY CHIP ZDARSKY
The Nova Corps…the peacekeepers of the galaxy, charged with maintaining order, serving and protecting the sentient peoples who make it their home. The Fraternity of Raptors…a shadow organization dedicated to imposing their own order on the galaxy. Rich Rider guest-stars as these two forces come into desperate conflict!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #12
GERRY DUGGAN (W)
ROD REIS (A/C)
• The Guardians return to Earth in the aftermath of Secret Empire and take the opportunity to bend the ear of several big guns regarding their newest quest…
• And they leave with A NEW TEAM MEMBER! Who will be the all-newest Guardian of the Galaxy?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

What the hell is this cover?

Moondragon confirmed for dead.
meh.
meh.
meh.
yass rich!
meh

And the cover for Guardians of the Galaxy #146, the start of Infinity Quest.

Something to do with the egg the Grandmaster wanted.

>The Guardians return to Earth

Booooo.

That's my current guess.

Just for an issue, and probably just to ask about the nega bands. That said, they are hot shit now so you can't expect characters of their popularity to never interact with Earth when that's where everyone hangs out. Even Warlock and the Infinity Watch hung out on Earth, and even DnA had the Guardians pop in for a page or two to warn Reed about the 42 breakout.

Holy shit, the soul gem is still green here.

Can't have mcu synergy if his daughter is still alive.

W-what if Based Genis is coming back?!

Given how he died, I think you'd need a lot more than his Nega Bands to bring him back.

as if that ever changed

>everyone else across the galaxy knows him as Star-Lord
not even that, in the previous issue a Nova corp was calling him some weird codename because we have to run that movie joke into the ground apparently

He called him Star-Gourd, and it was specifically to piss him off. The same issue had two aliens recognizing him as Star-Lord.

Also that joke came from DnA.

Pleb.

>>Extremely Talented Brian Micheal Bendis
I swear, Bendis better come out as a pedophile or something.

why would he want to piss off the guy he was trying to recruit?

Also that doesn't take away the fact it was done to call back that stupid joke from the movie, not DnA.

>why would he want to piss off the guy he was trying to recruit?

To get him to lose concentration and slip up so he'd stop running away and Adsit could actually talk to him. He literally says to Peter that he was "trying to get your goat."

You're calling it a movie joke when the movie is just referencing a DnA joke.

I thought GotG was supposed to be bad

GotG was. This is All-new GotG.

Duggan also tweeted this a few days ago. Judging by how Peter's one fist is glowing, I'm guessing he'll use the one Nega-Band to fight Talonar.

Rocket the Green Raccoon.

You guys know she's alive, right?

THAT WAS WEEKS AGO CHARLIE MURPHY

This feels like a spiritual sequel to Thanos Quest, but the movie Guardians of the Galaxy and Baby Groot(tm) are in the mix. I love and hate it.

tripfag begone

dope

>Are you looking forward to what Duggan's doing?
He's doing world building, kicking off his own stories, expanding on the backstory of the cast, introducing more characters, it's really all you can reasonably expect him to do with just one (double shipped) series.
Although the movie shit needs to go away over time. Less being rogues, more serious guarding and Peter really needs to get his edge back that he used to have under all his quips.

the dna joke was that no one knew who the guardians were, not star lord.

>Nega-bands show up
>Phyla shows up after years of absence
>they'll recover both Gamora's soul fragment and Phyla by the end of the run
>she'll put the Nega-bands on and become Captain Marvel again

The Nega Bands and Quantum Bands are two different things.

God I hope Duggan uses them, the one good thing to come out of Bendis was this team and their uniform designs

What ongoing was it? Grounded?

I think it was stated that the nega-bands disappeared after Phyla put on the quantum bands, back when she turned into Martyr.
If I'm not mistaken, the nega-bands also appeared in an All-New Avengers story, where the team went on a search for Nova's father.

phyla had negabands before she became quasar. she kicked genis's ass with them.

Don't know the arc but Vol 4 #5

There are several sets of Nega-Bands, FYI.

>Phyla
>kicking anyone's ass but her own

hmmm, I have my doubts about the accuracy of this statement.

she has one win. don't take that from her.

Been waiting for this all day

My thoughts exactly. He has a beard and it would fit with the whole "seeding" and plants thing he's got going on and Elders of the Universe War plot. I wonder if other Elders will show up.
Part of me is a bit sad though, the Gardener was always the least assholish of the Elders, a nice fellow that just wanted to tend to his gardens.

Oh god I hate that. Just say your full remark or don't start so misleading

>stay away from my tapes
Please go buy Disney's Marvel's GotG vol2 on DVD & Blu-Ray

Wait, why is it called the Milano in 616? I thought they just referred to it as ship?

This isn't Ship. Ship was destroyed years ago. This is a ship they stole from the Fraternity of Raptors.

Oh, I just thought they brought back ship with no explanation the same way they brought back Peter. Did they say why it's named the Milano though? Like even some explanation or is it just synergy? I didn't read any of Bendis' GotG or Humphries' Star Lord

Why the fuck wouldn't they include Darkhawk in this? Goddammit.