Character dies in a really cheap way for no reason other then to add drama to the story

>character dies in a really cheap way for no reason other then to add drama to the story
What's her name, Sup Forums?

>character dies in a really cheap way for no reason other then to add drama to the story
So every death in Marvel comics for the last decade+?

God I was so fucking mad when Mike died.
At least he's in Better call Saul

Why didn't they just make a show about Mike instead of Saul?

To be fair, a good chunk of the show is dedicated to Mike.

Mike can't carry a show on his own.
He works much better in smaller doses as a break from the lawyer stuff/Jimmy getting shit on

It is the cheapest way to garner sympathy. Walking Dead and Game of Thrones does it all the time. Cheap tactic. Like putting a child in danger. Good writers should not need to do it as often as those IPs.

>tfw you've been reading good comics for so long that you can't even remember the last time someone was killed without it furthering the plot or characters

Not sure what I'll do now that Hellboy and BPRD are practically done, though.

Yeah, but I didn't think his death was there to add drama.

It was the ultimate culmination of "Everything was great before Walt showed up and fucked it up like an idiot", for the criminal side of things, anyway.

Never saw the show, what did he do to fuck things up?

If you didn't see his death coming a mile away I feel sorry for you.
Nobody who gets in Walts way that much would last very long. Mike played with fire that he knew damn well was hot and got burned.

Dr. Elizabeth Shaw.

inb4 355

Cool comic and/or cartoon example, buddy.

Literally 99% of comic superhero deaths after Superman.

The most retarded to me was Captain America.

I was mad too, but Mike being killed made complete sense.

His era was gone. His boss was dead, the entire syndicate he worked for was dead, all the major players were dead, his entire system was disappearing. On top of that, he was involved with Walter "I Burn Everything To The Ground" White. It was obvious that somehow Walt would cause his death regardless.

He kills the leading drug lord, his and Mike's boss, which causes a vacuum no one can fill in his place. And he did this right after Gus killed pretty much any possible future employers. All because Walt was a self centered faggot who was too greedy for his own good.

Basically, he got greedy and wanted to be head honcho. At first he was killing everyone to get out of the drug game, but his pride got in the way.

nah walt and the neonazis filled that vacuum and everything was fine until hank took a shit

I don't know, I like the aesthetic of Better Call Saul. The tension in Jimmy's scenes is usually more verbal or practical, while Mike's is physical and intense. Not as good as BB, but close.

Pretty much every B lister and below and that has ever died during an event.

Didn't he kill that guy because he was planning to kill Walter over killing a couple of his goons? Been years since I watched it so I don't remember.

I always thought it was weird since Walt was seen as being a rather meticulous person and would have torn that page out at the very least.

There isn't much to tell about him that wasn't already in the Five-O episode of Better Call Saul. What I like about the show is that it was able to give depth to both Mike and Jimmy/Saul. I find Jimmy way more interesting.

>BrBa makes you root for Hector killing Gus
>BCS shows that Hector was the real villain and makes you feel for Gus
Man, season three was so good.

Guarantee if this thread had a DBZ image it would have been removed. Shitty biased janitors.

Jimmy is way more interesting than Saul.

Pretty much every death in More Than Meets The Eye/Lost Light

Your chinese shows aren't Sup Forums no matter how much you think they are.

Sokka?

When was that played for drama?

This also irreversibly ruined Max's character and his entire plot made zero sense (He wants to kill all Metahumans, when he is actually a Metahuman who just rarely uses his power).

I mean Mike, Jimmy is way more interesting than Mike.

Yeah, he got Jesse to kill Gale so Walt and Jesse would be spared as the only people who could make such high quality meth for Gus.

BRAVO VINCE

Breaking Bad isn't /co either, but that's what most of this thread is about.

And they were clashing left and right for the past like 1 1/2 seasons before that so he just accepted that shit in the end

It really felt like season 2 was half about Mike, they seemed to tone it down this past season though.

I didn't care for it at first but now it really is growing on me. Before I just kept thinking "I don't care about all these lawyers and their cases" then those people actually seemed to be shown outside the office a few times and interact with each other well so and you it stops mattering that it is just a prequel (before all I could think is "we all know ____ dies or is out of Jimmy's life in some way, why does it matter?" but once again that stopped mattering to me)

>they seemed to tone it down this past season though.
I'm glad for that. As much as I love Mike, his parts seemed like Breaking Bad 0.5, when it should've been a show about Jimmy. Hell, the best episode of the third season didn't have Mike in it at all.

There were tie-in comics, same with Better Call Saul.
Eat my ass, faggot.

>These plebs
You can't appreciate something without guns and action. Better call Saul and Jimmy specifically is better than anything in BB.

>Ever rooting for Hector

It was always obvious Gus was wronged.

Originally he wanted to kill Walter because Walter was a wild card, and he saw it coming. But Jesse agreed to cook for him, and in good faith left Walter alone.

The only thing he did was threaten Walter and told him to stay away from his business, again because Walter was an obvious problem. But instead of leaving it alone, Walter decides to kill Gus.

They barely did. It was unstable from the start.

i'm still butthurt about this. I lost a solid cast of young heroes and Hank Pym adventures

>Max Lord is always portrayed as a supervillain now

I hated that shit so much.

>BrBa makes you root for Hector killing Gus
???????????????????

Walt was always bouncing between being a master planner and being an impulsive egoist.

The entire point of Game of Thrones is Martin jerking off going "I'm going to make a fantasy story that's like the REAL world! And in the real middle ages, all the royalty was incest and being a bastard was a huge stigma and everyone was covered in dirt and disease, and everybody died young because war isn't pretty or driven by a narrative that protects main characters from harm"

>when he's talking to the malpractice insurance agent and starts crying
>when he "accidentally" mentions Chuck's meltdown at the bar hearing

Saul deserves better than Cinnabon