Will he be right?

Will he be right?

Probably

>her problems with alcohol will also be erased

So which A-list marvel superhero will they stick in to carry this shit. My bet is on Tony.

War machine.

The villain uses Kree series so unless it's Minn-Erva then no.

I'm going to make a bingo chart for the movie and timestamp it. It's amazing how many MCU fanboys ignore Ant Man and Doctor Strange being complete re-tellings of Iron Man 1. I want to see them fall over themselves to defend Captain Marvel when Marvel repeats the formula again.

Give me ideas for squares people.

It's been a while since I saw Ant-Man or Iron Man 1, so run the comparison by me, if you would.

Antman is very similar to Batman Beyond season 1

Doubt theyll be any real comedy. Evil doer will be a man. Look at the character and feminazi actress they got.

he pretty much described every marvel origin movie so probably

He forgot to mention that her eccentric friend will either be
>a. sassy/black
>b. muslim
>c. gay
>d. all of the above

Well remember how Tony snuck into the home of some reclusive old inventor and stole his technology? Stark wanted a big score so he could get on his feet and try to get back into his daughter's life. But it turns out the old man who invented Repulsor technology had been the target of a young corporate turk who used to look up to him, and he eventually got his hands on the Repulsor particles and built his own dangerous suit. Then Tony finally learns how to use the Repulsor technology and beats him, and gets visitation rights to his little girl.

>Doubt theyll be any real comedy
you sure you got the right franchise?

maybe try one of these

Sup Forums can't predict nothing

That would look a bit pathetic but they did the same with Falcon in the Ant-Man movie and I doubt they consider Captain Marvel much more important than him.

I feel like most of this is just ripped from the plot of iron man 1

>War machine
Nigga they want Carol to be as popular as Wonder Woman, they need more than that, maybe captain america or the quardians of the galaxy

Carol and Rhodey dated in her book so the chances of at least a cameo are high. The age gap between actors would probably not allow for romance though.

This is the plot of nearly all MCU films.

Inst that Sup Forums? Sup Forums is always wrong, no exceptions

and Batman movies

>Unethical genius suffers a setback in life
>Has an older mentor
>Funny ethnic friend
>Strong female love interest
>Spends most of the movie training to master his powers
>Villain is a rich bald guy who squires the same powers as the protagonist
>Villain shows up at the protagonist's house to threaten him
>Protagonist beats the villain by sacrificing himself
>Movie ends with a black guy trying to recruit him for the Avengers

Which movie am I talking about? Ant Man or Iron Man?

or doctor strange

>This much denial

MCU shills are pathetic.

So pretty much every MCU origin film then?

Kek. Take out the last point and it really is Doctor Strange.

Which is very similar to Amazing Spider-man, as told by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

I'm going with neither, since Tony Stark wasn't unethical and Scott Lang wasn't a genius.

So what you're saying is that most of these movies follow a Hero's Journey model?

Sup Forums is always wrong, yes. But that doesn't mean Sup Forums can predict shit.

>Dr Strange isn't unethical, just an asshole
>Iron Man hasn't got an older mentor
>Every superhero has a funny ethnic friend. Even superman (literally humans) and Batman (Alfred is Queen's British through and through)
>Dr Strange's love interest wasn't strong enough to stop indulging a crippled doctor in fantasies without leaving him
>Real villain in Antman was psychosis, villain in Strange isn't bald
>Villain doesn't show up at protagonist's house to threaten them in Ant Man or Strange
>Iron Man ordered Pepper to sacrifice him, Dormammu was defeated with a time loop
>Iron Man wasn't recruited (literally told he was too egotistical to join as a full member), Ant Man was recruited via his funny ethnic friend, Strange would probably give zero fucks about the Avengers aside from their cosmic threats

It describes none of them

Welcome to Obamas Soviet republic of Hitlerstan

>Doubt theyll be any real comedy
m8 they said Infinity war will have a humorous undertone

Batman's got Lucius Fox too. He's sassy af.

Homecoming?

>Tony Stark wasn't unethical

He was a war monger who went to black market meets in his spare time. That is the very definition of unethical.

>Scott Lang wasn't a genius.
He has a masters in Electrical Engineering and used it to rob a bank. That's genius-tier shit.

MCU rip off batman?

>"Muh Hero's Journey!"

Yeah every hero's journey needs a funny ethnic friend and a villain with the same exact powers.

There is no bald villain,strong womyn and minoritiy tokens in the hero journey

He never sold weapons to terrorists, which is the whole crux of his character arc in "Iron Man".

And Scott didn't rob a bank. He hacked into the security system of the very company he worked for and used their servers to rewire money. Resourceful, maybe, but not "genius", and Lang is never regarded as such ever in any of his appearances.

his weapons still ended up in their hands. if you are the ceo of a company and your business partner is on a fucking first name basis with a bunch of terrorists you shoulder the blame. are you retarded?

and scott was praised for his intelligence and resourcefulness. its the goddamn reason he was chosen by antman

>Dr Strange isn't unethical, just an asshole

Refusing to treat patients because it'll screw up your record or something is unethical. Choosing to save a patient's life so you can make your colleague look like a jackass is unethical.

>Iron Man hasn't got an older mentor
Yinsen and Stane.

>Every superhero has a funny ethnic friend
Not an argument

>Dr Strange's love interest wasn't strong enough to stop indulging a crippled doctor in fantasies without leaving him

Also not an argument. She fit the mold of strong independent female love interest. Oh and she performs surgery on Strange just like Pepper did for Tony in Iron Man 1. What a coincidence!

>Real villain in Antman was psychosis, villain in Strange isn't bald

Bullshit. Yellowjacket was the villain and Dormmamu has no hair

>Villain doesn't show up at protagonist's house to threaten them in Ant Man or Strange

Cross showed up and Pym's house and Whatshisface showed up at the Sanctum. You're going to make an argument that the Sanctum's aren't Strange's house but the fact the villain attacked the one he trained at still qualifies.

>Iron Man ordered Pepper to sacrifice him, Dormammu was defeated with a time loop

Now you're just splitting hairs. Iron Man still sacrificed himself and Strange was prepared to spend eternity dying over and over.

>Iron Man wasn't recruited (literally told he was too egotistical to join as a full member), Ant Man was recruited via his funny ethnic friend, Strange would probably give zero fucks about the Avengers aside from their cosmic threats

Ant Man and Iron Man had black guys looking to recruit them for the Avengers. Same fucking thing. The fact Strange was talking to Thor also makes the movie qualify.

MCU shills are a special breed of stupid.

Maybe you didn't read my post. Stark was a war monger who chilled at black market meets. No ethical person does that.

Scott still used his skills to steal money from a company. That's fucking unethical and genius. I highly doubt the average person with a Masters in EE could pull that off.

Hacking the company is pretty ingenious. He also upgraded the Antman suit with Pym.
Antman actually plays around with the Ironman formula, flipping many of the characters on their heads, so it isn't as stale as you suggest. It also has a large supporting cast of mostly one dimensional but fairly distinctive and memorable characters. Dr. Badtouch was a barebones 1:1 of the Ironman formula so dull and uninspired it made me miss Thor. Putting them on the same level is a disservice to Antman.
I'd argue that it was ethical since the company was cheating their customers. Most people actually commend him for it. The unethical bit is burglaring an old man because you got desperate. Tony was a dick and had to change: Scott was always a good guy who needed a chance to prove himself to others. Like Aladdin.

>But in Ant-Man the villain was a YOUNGER businessman who made his own copy of the hero's super-suit and then went on a rampage! The house of ideas does it again!

>She's cocky at the beginning
>The villain isn't interesting
>She has a comic relief friend
>Avengers cameo

What I have so far. What else can I put in? Preferably something that Ant Man, Iron Man, and or Doctor Strange have in common.

Tobey Spider-Man actualy has a lot of these.

Done. This Captain Marvel bingo chart was created on 7/19/2017. As of now there is barely news on the Captain Marvel movie and a trailer hasn't been released yet. Screencap this shit.

Setbacks in life and emotional crisis feel like the same thing.

They are also things that are obligatory on.almost any movie from Hollywood. I mean, which super hero movie didn't had Setbacks or emotional crisis?

Also, I would like to know how many spots could be marked of we checked this exact same chart with other super hero movies, like MOS or Raimmi trilogy.

A setback in life would be Tony getting captured by terrorists, Scott not being able to get a new job, Strange getting injured.

Emotional crisis would be Stark feeling guilty over his weapons falling into the wrong hands, Scott feeling like he can't master the Ant Man suit, and Strange realizing he just killed a man.

So if anything had at all happens with the character you will mark it?

If she has any emotional problems you will mark it?

Doesn't it seems lazy and obvious for a bingo movie? Everyone has it, from Reservoir Dogs to Happy Feet. It's almost the minimum to tell a story.

Right because all the characters need to be white, I forgot.

>a villain with the same exact powers
>Iron Man and Monger
>Cap and Red Skull
and...?

Let me see from it MOS
>older mentor dies
>emotional crisis related to life and powers
>Setbacks
>Older mentor played by famous actor
>Vilain has same powers
>has a special memento that reminds him of his past
>undeveloped Vilain
>infiltrates base of operations (well,he at least invades the Kent's farm)

Did Supes had any quasi death moment on the movie?

Man...these are the actual villains from the comics...villains of THESE characters. Complain with the people who created them.

Each superhero got DOZENS of villains though

>>undeveloped Vilain
Nope

meh, They dont showed the tony stark`s alcoholism neither.

And IM rogue gallery is mostly people with some sort of armor, while Hulk is full of big strong guys that punch things or radioactive powered vilains.

Does it count if Zod and all of his crew are flat on purpose?

>flat
He's a desperate general that wanted to save the people he had a duty with, he was not a "bawahahaha evil" guy like 99% of MCU.

Done. This Captain Marvel bingo chart was created on 7/19/2017. As of now there is barely news on the Captain Marvel movie including it's casting and a trailer hasn't been released yet. Screencap this shit.

>Falcon
>Carrying the movie
he showed up to get shat on

Technology but not the same armor as him, and hulk face more monsters than other hulks.

>He's a desperate general that wanted to save the people he had a duty with
Same thing as Malekith to be honest, maybe Malekith had an even better motivation because this universe's kind of light was painful to his people.

Hulk/Abomination
Cap/Winter Soldier
Ant Man/Yellowjacket
Doctor Strange/Mads Mikkelson

>"B-But Yellowjacket could fly and he had lasers. Kacellius also had Dark Dimension powers though! That makes his powerset different from Strange's!"

You assume I'm a DCKek.

So they can't use villains with different power sets?

So I can say that Raimmi did same with Green Goblin from Spider-Man? Just because both had super strength and enhanced reflexes?

Anons, it's obviously going to be Yon-Rogg.

>You assume I'm a DCKek.
I'm not assuming anything, I just used it as another example. We can use Ang Lee Hulk for example, or Tobey Spider-Man.

No you can't because Green Goblin doesn't have Spider powers.

Ant Man and Yellowjacket's main power is shrinking. Doctor Strange and Kacellius's main powers are sorcerer shit.

>So they can't use villains with different power sets?
But they use? Ivan? Loki? Malekith? Bartroc and Zemo? Skurge? Kurse? Ronan? Shocker and Vulture? Even the shitty Mandarin?

This is completely arbitrary.

>Ivan, Batroc, Zemo, Mandarin

Sequels.

So now sequels don't count because you said so? You didn't even adress any of the others ones

No it isnt and you know it. You're trying to boil down their powers to basic cherry picked points so you can say "see! your argument is flawed because all superheros are like that!"

We're talking about origin movies. Not sequels. I didn't mention the other ones because those franchised weren't brought up to begin with. You think I dont know what you're doing?

You are not even arguing with the same person mate.

>You're trying to boil down their powers to basic cherry picked points

But this is exactly what you are doing.

Dude, all thoses things that you say are in every MCU movie are even more cherry-picked exemple.

At no point were origins mentioned, you're just moving the goal. You even mentioned the Winter Soldier in your list.

You say you see what i'm trying to do, then what is it? I'm not the one dodging things I brought myself in the conversation

>Dude, all thoses things that you say are in every MCU movie are even more cherry-picked exemple.

So the MCU is even more unoriginal than I thought?

>At no point were origins mentioned, you're just moving the goal. You even mentioned the Winter Soldier in your list.

Because Red Skull was already brought up. But I'll gladly redact my Winter Soldier point.

Loki powers are kinda similar to Thor with his deus ex machine hammer, Mandarin is not even the villain in Iron Man 3

The hell are you on mate? You are complaining that the MCU origin movies, only half of the time, use vilains that have similar powers (disregarding any differemces) and disregarding the fact that these vilains are some of the most popular of these respective characters (while ignoring vilains with different power sets and styles on other movies)?

>Loki powers are kinda similar to Thor with his deus ex machine hammer
?

>Mandarin is not even the villain in Iron Man 3
I was refering to the Killian is the "mandarin".

What vilains having similar powers to the heroes have to do with originality? For example almost all of Batman villains are "normal guy with some gadgets".

>Green Goblin doesn't have Spider powers.

>Doctor Strange and Kacellius's main powers are sorcerer shit.

Sorcerer shit is a wide category. You never really see Strange and Kaicilius use the same spells. You do see both goblin and Spider-Man having super strength and super reflexes

>84 posts
>34 posters

Damn, the shills are trying hard to discredit that bingo chart already. Maybe they know something we dont?

>You never really see Strange and Kaicilius use the same spells

Sling ring.

>So the MCU is even more unoriginal than I thought?

Do you have problems with your reading skills? I'm saying the opposite! Yes, Marvel movies are similar, mostly in tone, it's normal, it's part of the same thing. But when you invent stuff like "Yinsen was a mentor" just to point similarties you just show you don't have an argument

>Because Red Skull was already brought up. But I'll gladly redact my Winter Soldier point.

I don't see what that changes? You still used a sequel and got pissy when others did claiming they weren't part of the conversation even though you're the one who brought one up first

>almost 2 posts for IP! It can be only da shills!

Or you know, you the guy that argues against everyone at every post and somehow think we don't realise he's just one guy

That's not a spell, and still not as similar as Spider-an and goblin having the same strength and trading blows.

>For example almost all of Batman villains are "normal guy with some gadgets".
Nope? Batman got more master criminals than gadget fanatics, he also got a lot of enemies with superpowers.

Look up the definition of mentor and tell me how Yinsen doesn't fit that. I just googled it so I'll know if you're going to cherry pick another definition.

Let's bring the conversation all the way back to origin movies then since you wanna go in circles.

Iron Man and Iron Monger have the same powers. So do Hulk and Abomination. Cap and Skull. Ant Man and Yellowjacket. And finally Strange and Kacellius.

Well Monica already exists so...

Both Thor and Loki are "gods" with superhuman strenght reflexes and durability, they also use magic objects to throw energy attacks

Can a complete normie use a sling ring? Strange couldn't until he had to be taught. It's a spell.

Also Kacellius trained under the Ancient One so of fucking course he's going to have the same basic spells. He knows how to navigate the Mirror Dimension meaning he can do it. He's familiar with the spark weapons meaning he can conjure them too.

Sounds like something a shill would say.

Everytime that a hero and Vilain have the same powers, it is because their origins are tied.

This is just normal Asgardian biology, their weapons work differently, and Loki has his own powers that Thor doesn't.