SO YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE

SO YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE

WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ANYWAY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4BEASLzByQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If this spin off purges those cunts from the main Ghostbusters book by Burnham and Schoening, then fine. They can have their quarantine. I won't be buying it.

Can you imagine having to work on such a project?
Would you give up because it's not worth it and not even try or would you said "fuck it, I will somehow make something out of it" because you've got nothing to fuck up anyway?

I appreciate that they de-aped Leslie Jones.

They just turned her into Patrick Ewing instead.

>or would you said "fuck it, I will somehow make something out of it" because you've got nothing to fuck up anyway?

Probably this.

But its any good?

Probably trying to make something out of it.

im kinda confused with this. idw usually tries to work in different series to their universe together, and does it well. Rookie from the game is a canon member of the chicago branch, shit like that

i was at my lcs today and saw these characters added, but i thought the arc was called Ghostbusters 101, and it was about them being hired as another backup of the backup of the backup team

i mean, idw usually handles this good, i dont expect it to be that bad. hell it'd probably be better than the actual movie. not like it could be worse

Still a step up from Leslie Jones

main team > ortiz lead team > ron/rookie team >this team

they literally have over 16 ghostbusters now and im fine with this

Ghostbusters 101 is an interdimensional crossover, so the original Ghostbusters and the 2016 Ghostbusters are from separate universes.

Ghostbusters 101 is better than it has any right to be, mostly thanks to Burnham's writing, but I'm looking forward to it being over and the female Ghostbusters leaving the main book. I won't be buying their spin-off series, but I'll keep to the main Burnham title.

Ghostbusters 101 established them as separate universes but something happened that started overlapping the universes, and the teams need to fix that. They even acknowledge the actor cameos in Answer the Call. and throw in a Caddyshack reference while they're at it.

OP's pic is a spin-off title that'll take place after 101.

well that makes more sense then. it looked good from what i flipped through, but the cover op posted wasnt in the pile.
i didnt pick up the issues, but probably will next time im there, and most likely not pick up the spin off.
im a fan of the idw comic, but i dont get it in my pulls, i just get minis or arcs i like and think look good, and this seemed like one of them

>Answer the Call
Ugh, I can't stand that tagline!
I get that they were trying to put their own spin on 'Who you gonna call', but it just doesn't work!
The Ghostbusters don't call you, you call THEM! Unless they've taken to just phoning random people to check if they're being haunted or not.

Just be warned that the female Ghostbusters are the worst part about 101. Even Burnham can't make them funny or interesting.

What works is that the story is interesting (worlds merging, the Ghostbusters making extra cash by implementing a training program for young talent) and of course Burnham's writing on the classic Ghostbusters is as solid as ever.

He also manages to slip in slight jabs at the female Ghostbusters that I think went under Sony's radar. One issue has Mellissa McCarthy's character screeching about how the male Ghostbusters are ripping them off and infringing on their copyright and so on and so on. Then Egon proves mathematically that THEY are the original Ghostbusters whose actions when they battled Gozer is what caused the concept of "ghostbusters" to be seeded throughout the multiverse, influencing different people on a subliminal level. So even if Melissa McCarthy can't admit it, she WAS inspired by them and that the female Ghostbusters are actually the ripoffs.

the book doesn't try to elevate the female Ghostbusters as being better than the classic Ghostbusters, nor does it shy away from knocking them down a peg when they deserve it. But it also tries to show some merits to their methods, if only as a compromise to fairness. You can see Burnham struggling to make the characters likeable or interesting, though.

still, even with them being lesser quality, you're making it sound like i should drive back tomorrow rather than wait. Im a pretty big fan of the backup teams and their arcs, and the movie/comic crossover they had a few months back, so this just sounds like more of the good stuff, even if its a bit lesser quality.

that caddyshack reference!

Wait, there are more issues out of 101?

WHERE ARE THEY? My LCS never has them and all I have is issue 1.

when i glanced at them, i think the top of the pile said issue 4, so your lcs sucks, or was sold out

GB 101 is up to issue #4.

Do you have a subscription? If not, then that's your problem. IDW's Ghostbusters comic sells crazy low numbers, around the 6,000 mark. Shops never order more than what their subscribers request with the exception of number 1 issues.

I'm just glad IDW gets to keep making Ghostbusters comics, even if they have to throw a bone or two to the reboot version

I think it means that they will answer the call you make to them
I need to see Caddyshack, and The Blue Brothers. I think I have Bill Murray's Hunter S. Thompson movie on DVD somewhere...

Funny thing is that in the original Ghostbusters, there was a deleted scene where Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd play bums and Murray was doing his Carl Spackler voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4BEASLzByQ

Oh, and Groundhog Day... any other good Ramis or SNL alumni movies I'm missing out on?

I dropped IDW's GB comics ever since the 2016 characters showed up, which was hugely disappointing to me because I've been pulling the lot of them since day one.

If they get dropped from the main book and are stuck in their own quarantine forever where I can freely ignore them, great. I'll happily pick up all of IDW's other GB books because by and large, they're fucking fantastic. Until then, pic very related.

You are exactly me. I read the comic voraciously (loved not-Chevy Chase as the money hungry Ghostbuster and not-Jake Blues of the Blues Brothers as their guardian angel). Also, a shit ton of humanizing for Walter Peck.

But I haven't so much as looked at an issue since they introduced the Girlbusters. Wonder how much of a drop off in sales they had since they started this?

Oh God, what the fuck is up with that art?

Skip Meatballs. See Stripes at least once. Watch Animal House as a must. The Jerk is a Steve Martin opus, and the Three Amigos is the best thing Chevy Chase ever did.

Nothing But Trouble gets a bad rap, but it's pretty much just Silent Hill as a dark comedy.

God, I hate those fucking cunts so fucking much. It's actually made me retroactively hate the actresses in other film roles.

I hate it so much.

Any art of the fat white one?

It's not so much "have it anyway" but rather is 'We expected the reboot to be a hit and had planned a whole franchise including comic books before the film came out, so we're going to have to release this and hope we can break even until we make another reboot in 2022".

Honestly, reading Ghostbusters 101 is like trying to eat a Hawaiin pizza when you're allergic to pineapple. If you... pick off all the pineapple, there's a good pizza underneath. You just have to pick off all the pineapple first.

Ghostbusters 101, if you pick off all the shit with the 2016 Ghostbusters, actually has a lot of funny moments and great story momentum and awesome Venkman zingers and all that other good stuff that has made Burnham's Ghostbusters book a classic.

You just have to pick at it, though.

The movie wasnt bad, desu.
Its better than the original except for the bbeg

>Wonder how much of a drop off in sales they had since they started this?
It was never a really big seller, but it did pretty good by IDW standards. It was doing fairly well at my LCS for a not Big 2/Image book, enough to justify the owner stocking a few extras that would only shelf warm for a few months or less before selling.

Now I know they only order for pulls and none for walk in sales off the shelf. If you didn't pre-order it, they have to backorder it for you. I wasn't the only one that dropped it from my pull either.

Checking Comichron, it looks like it was pretty consistent in the middling 6k to low 7k range for the second volume before steadily dropping into the 5k and lower at the end of International, whereas 101 dropped into the mid-5k range as of #3.

Maybe I'll pirate it just for Burnham's great writing, but I won't bother wasting my money on shit I'm allergic to just to try and enjoy what I normally like.

>Blues Brothers

This is a classic but fair warning Blues Brothers 2k is better left ignored. It has some good songs and top notch musical talent but it's a pale imitation of the original.

That face is horrifying. Where's his forhead?

So this is the universe where everyone was born with Zika...

That how its allways been starting with a Jake Blues John Belushi spirit guide

Fletch isn't bad for a Chase movie. Like the book more.

Made me dread the Magic School Bus revival.

Not quite seeing the resemblance, even in a cartoony sort of way

>Finally, someone let me outta my cage...