How did Avatar manage to have so many strong female role models without it becoming agenda-pushing?

How did Avatar manage to have so many strong female role models without it becoming agenda-pushing?

They did this.

>(s)he

By making all of their female characters sexy children

This.
All the adult women are mincing submissive Moms or old grannies.
All of the girl children are take-charge Alpha Grrrls who don't take shit. And bubble head Ty Lee.

>female role models
Who?

It had strong characters of both sexes, but only Iroh is a role model as far as I'm concerned.

>Sokka
>Not a Role Model
U wot mate?

Because they focused on who they were, not what they were.

honestly, this

Still salty try focused on Plank of wood Mai and not ty Lee

Simple, it was released way back when people diden't have things like that on their mind.

Because you snowflakes were too young to get on the Internet and REEEEE about women. Korra is literally no different from Toph and Katara.

They weren't the main character but just as important to the show

>Korra
>Growing as a character, overcoming obstacles herself, and creating/mastering new abilities

Come on dude it's like you're not even trying.

Good writers. Look how bad the female characters are in Korra. They had shit writers

they had flaws

bait harder faggot, come on amateur hour in here
intentional flaws that the writing uses and addresses, instead of badly written character flaws that are never addressed or resolved

It came out in 2005, nobody cared about who was a strong female character or who wasn't

I think you're giving your generation too much credit. The PC mentality started in the late nineties along with the revitalized feminist movement.

If Avatar had been made in the eighties, every character except one would be male. Maybe two; one for the hero side and one for the villain side.

Katara and Sokka were good, especially for their age. Sure they had childish moments, but they were very young. They handled their situation very well. Then again, they had to be proactive with certain things due to the death of their mom, war, and babysitting the Avatar.

I liked how Katara still had flaws (too emotional at times), even though most of the time she had to be responsible and patient.

The show had really great female characters. They were strong not just through brute force but through other things (like how Yue had to do what was right for everyone).

This. They were made to be people, not caricatures of "female empowerment".

They weren't preachy about it. A few episodes not withstanding.

I wasn't a ephebophile before Avatar.

Nobody really brought that much attention to it. Except for that episode in the North Pole, I think. And even then the only reason Katara got taught was out of nepotism.