Happy Hogan Nearly Told Peter The "With Great Power" Line In 'Spider-Man Homecoming'

>However, had it been included, it more than likely would have infuriated fans of the wall-crawler. "At the end when Happy (Jon Favreau) is in the boy’s room in school we had him say, ‘Oh yeah, Tony wanted me to tell you, 'With great power comes… something, I forgot,'" Goldstein recalls. "It was a little too meta." Too meta and pretty inappropriate, especially when it's only Ben who should deliver that line and not Iron Man, a character many already feel has played too big of a role in Peter's life.

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/homecoming/spider-man-homecoming-nearly-included-the-with-great-power-line-from-an-unexpected-source-a152604

What the actual fuck were they thinking in even considering this?

I dont care. Uncle Ben didn't even originally say it in the comics.

THANKS, UNCLE TONY!

The Uncle Tony memes were true, wow. None for me, thanks.

Yes, lets all get mad now about something that didn't happen.

He needs a Uncle to give him inspiration. Might as well use the alive one.

This.

OKAY! RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH MCU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!

Jesus Christ

We're mad that they considered it, which definitely did happen

Yes, it almost happened. And HAD it happened, there would be people on this planet that would be ok with it. There are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW, that would have actually thought that scene would be good and funny.

Spider-Man is a little boy who pleases old men for gadgets!

It's not actually Ben's line, but I still agree with their decision to leave it out.

Sup Forums has become like Sup Forums, you guys are searching for things to get mad about, thing that didn't even happen

>Too meta and pretty inappropriate, especially when it's only Ben who should deliver that line and not Iron Man, a character many already feel has played too big of a role in Peter's life.
Ben didn't actually say it in the comic, it was the narrator.

Also Iron Man as Spidey's mentor happened in the comics too.

>Also Iron Man as Spidey's mentor happened in the comics too.
That happened after Peter had been Spider-Man for about 10 years of in-universe time, rather than 6 months in the MCU.

this

stop complaining about useless stuff

Gee it's almost like the MCU is an alternate universe like the Ultimate U and things are different and not a 1:1 adaptation from 616.

>Spider-Man is a useless Avenger's cock sucking faggot who does more harm than good and screws up everything he does.
He's an annoying fuck up, and that's 1:1 with 616.

P A S C A L
A
S
C
A
L

its the principle of the matter. The fact that they'd even consider to use one of the most iconic lines, regardless if its said by Ben or not, as a joke from Iron Man's assistant shows that the film's writers have little respect or understanding of the character.

But then again that shouldn't be surprising given how little of Homecoming reflects anything about the character or his supporting characters.

lets almost get mad at something that almost happened

>its the principle of the matter
>Marvel decided not to do something stupid
>Let's get mad at them.

fuck off

Sony and Pascal already did. Marvel (Feige) stopped them.

The stupid thing is that it came up at all though

But real talk though, when Space Age Love Song was playing and Peter was internally debating whether to just dance with Liz or to go after her dad, there definitely should have been a flashback to the line.

I'm not alone in thinking this.

>it's just a prank bro!

Sup Forums pls go

The MCU loves its fucking quips.

>It's the principle of the matter! The fact that they even THOUGHT about doing it is a sin against the entire comic book industry!

For fuck's sake, you people are so goddamn petty. What, are you saying that none of YOU have ever considered doing something stupid, only to immediately realize how stupid it is and decide against it? It's something people do ALL THE FUCKING TIME, EVERY FUCKING DAY.

>immediately
You are giving executives FAR too much credit.

>Goldstein
!

Yeah it's something Peter realizes after Ben dies.

Nevertheless it's connected to Ben and attributed to him, hell I would even be fine if Aunt May said it to him while talking about Ben or Peter coming to that realization on his own.

Happy nonchalantly delivering it while Tonywanking would have been awful, glad they didn't go with it.

It's the "Ant-Man thinks his name is dumb" line only in the trailers all over agin

Christ, this is next levels of, "I'm fucking bored and want to get mad at everything".

There's about ten thousand ideas that get scrapped from scripts. If you think everything that makes the first draft is gold, then you deserve your anger for being so stupid.