Rimba Racer

Can we have a thread about this? I recently found out about it. I thought it was gonna be a dumb show but I was so wrong.

The full first season is up on YouTube in case anyone wants to take a look: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-CzRQDY1FIJa6BzJp_rtW_Xx15czbdd

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this show actually good or just furfag waifu bait?

I'd watch it either way

I tried to make a thread a few days ago.

Deleted without one minute, with 1 reply.

It is a rare case of unexpected good writing, and great dialogue. Animation is usually better than the level of detail (which is low).

Let's just hope this thread can make it

To anyone who's watched it: Favorite episode? Favorite racer?

>Favorite episode?
Does not exist. I still do not understand why anyone should have a favourite, while an episode is just a brick of the larger whole (building/story analogy you know).

The episode Tag trying to get a sponsor and had to wear a foot (paw?) costume. One of the comfy eps.

Still mad at the Boomboxer and the lawnmower designs the Rhino drives.

Well, there are some memorable scenes or character moments exclusive to each episode.

SEASON 2 WHEN

In the future!

Watch it til the end my mind was blown.

The plot twist at the end has me conflicted. Was Meika's identity a good twist or definetly came the fuck out of nowhere? I'm rewatching the show to see if I missed something, like a cue of sorts.

I like the message of that one bully episode: kick your bullies ass
Good to see Meelo isn't a regular nerd pushover. I like all the characters though

It was total asspull. I saw the Riq thing coming a mile away but that Meika twist blew my mind, it was great

I wonder how they're gonna reveal her in the next season. But if anything, this makes her Tamira's opposite even more so.

>Perky to Tamira's brooding
>Cares (or pretends to care?) about the racers' safety while Tamira was ruthless
>Traitor to the main team while Tamira is a traitor to Mr. King

Meelo's last stand in episode 9 was the best part of the season and a big part in why he's my favorite character.

I hope this thread survives the night

But probably not...

This has no business being that decent.

It's hard for a thread to stay alive when there's not really much material to discuss about. Everything has been said in past threads. I wish season 2 would come sooner, I can't wait for the discussion with all 3 of you by then.

>Tamira
>cruel

Dude, she was concerned about Sonny as everybody else, when she talked with her partner on the phone.

Its like speed racer with starfox characters, sprinkled with good writing.

GS keep releasing concept art, animations and music every week. Even teased merchandise.

Its just not enough for a thread apparently.Everyone wants S2 as soon as possible, then we'll have proper discussion.

If I wasn't on the phone I'd repost dancing Vyxx. I have high hopes for this character.
wish she had a tail though, goddamn kitchen accidents!

So,what country does this show come from?

Same. I'm excited for her character! I think it'd be nicer if they release snippets of season 2 instead of silly animations like pic related. Or both I don't mind.

i fug up

Malaysia

Does Malaysia have an active cartoon scene or is Rimba their diamond in the rough?

Rimba is definitely overlooked and underappreciated in Malaysia. I never hear anyone talk about it here. I guess they just see the show as kiddy-like because of the anthro element. They are more into human characters like Boboiboy and Ejen Ali. I'd actually recommend Ejen Ali since its right up Sup Forums's alley. Shit gets real and all that by the end of the season. Just need someone to sub the episodes in english.

Didn't Upin & Ipin used to be the hottest shit a few years before?

Upin & Ipin is too slice of life and over the years has become dull I guess. Kids like action stuff more.

so, is this like Red Line meets Zootopia?

yes

Nah, zootopia is preachy, progressive and tries to be "realistic". RR is furry to a T.

yes it's a good show, rough around the edges, but definite potential.

the plot is enganging despite being about animal people racing in hot wheel cars. Car designs are creative, based on animals AND peronality of the driver, it's also full of detail i wouldnt expect: it's such a joy to rewatch the episodes and find things like Beaks and Becks goofing on the survilance cameras or noticing Sonny's breath when he's laying at the hospital - small irrelevelant deails that makes the Arc more alive.

riddle: do you know what their logos are based on?

Torres is still a cute.

the good thing is: both

do your fucking job and tell us when season 2! WHEN!!!

things I like: the story, characters, and the voice-acting
the animation, however, looks dated and you can see that they worked with a tight budget
I also liked that it actually kept you on your toes during the races especially after the four team up

the grey bun looks cute too...
it have waifur potential, they dont have the top 3d animation but the world and character desing are decent, and this is made by a group of Malaysians with only early pentium 4 homemade computers, 10 kilos of couscous and 5 litters of rice wine each week.

also they're muslim

>Zootopia
Please, meme, die already.

Moderate, thank....... God. Also, there is no religion in the show, I am thankful.

Did Boboiboy feel like a shonen series lately.Because the amount of power up he got is ridiculous

episode 4: dem Feels.
episode 6: Tamira's interview.

Wrecks was great,
nearly all racers are likeable, except Ooaa, Axle and Krom.

Just post pic

>Ooaa

what was the fucking point of the chimp, seriously they should have used the chicken more instead

for the final race.

thankfuly we're getting slippy and starwolf as replacements for them

>slippy and starwolf

I'm hype for the three new characters

...and their cars

and- a frog?

Xeno. he's a tech genius.Made a car out of trackball mouse.

I would cruise around the city on that shit, it looks so elegant

I'm guessing he'll be a foil to Meelo?

>Wrecks doesn't get to enjoy the next RGP
ITS NOT FAIR

Le Mans prototype x Supercar

so he will be Milo's rival...

le mans merged with super car.

thee guys need to make an artbook, this shit is so fun to read.

>Today's artwork features Xeno, an amphibious racer who thinks more than he talks.

>When we laying out some ideas for Season 2, we wanted to come up with a new line of formidable racers who could challenge Tag and his friends, both on and off the track.

>We decided that one of them should be a frog, and we went through various stages of designs for Xeno - ranging from the aggressive bullfrog, the unusual pipa pipa toad, to the colourful poison arrow. The concept artists at that time drew inspiration from a horned toad's dry and weathered skin to match Xeno's age, whereas his suit is a blend between a scientist's lab coat and a padded military jacket.

>For an amphibian, Xeno may have short legs; but for what he lacks in height, he makes up for it with his mechanical ingenuity. This alone makes him the only person who could drive the Andromeda, a vehicle of his own innovative design.

>TFW no more EMP boy

yet Tamira stays in.

..how?

Meeka tricking her of course

this is a nice question, I want to see what they will do...

>roads
>cars
>signs

>roads
>cars
>signs

>roads
>cars
>signs

Because they still have King by the balls and her criminal activity was covered up because King cared about ratings. He never told the media she broke into his office and stole his private information. He just told them she took a leave for personal reasons.

i hate these capchas.

is he ok, is he diying?? I dont want to see him suffering like this!

why Tag is soooo cute? why??

you gay, user?

Hey, that's the webm I started the last thread with!
>404 in less than a minute

>mistook it for generic furry thread

i dont blame them.

Can the producer of the show stop posting here. I know you guys do and are the ones who made the thread. Malaysian cartoons are never good enough to post on Sup Forums, a western cartoon and comic board. Now please just go.

oh, joshua, one thread from a random user, in a month, triggers you?

just press shit and click in the catalog and pretend it doesnt exist.

bisexual, in fact I'm exited with the future hyena fanart...

sowrry my americano friendu but i niddo to knowu how the publicu feebacku go!

*shift

something tells me this guy will be a undercover bad guy... or a double agent... with this show all can be possible

Why would you assume he's me when I've been the most pro Rimba Racer person on here?

>Vyxx is physically the biggest racer on the roster
>Vyxx is always in for a good laugh, especially when she's the one dishing out blunt remarks and bruises.

hot.

then i'm second after you. heheh.

>Not undercover cop

I just wish I could figure out why my name has been dropped in these threads twice when I've never hated on the show. Only time I "hated", if you can call it that, was when they deleted my YouTube comment. I made the thread in January that made Sup Forums aware of its existence. I even wrote an article about the show and was in communication with the head of Glue Studios. But they stopped replying to my messages, and coincidentally, somebody on here assumes I've been hating on the show. It irks me.

>"Tough amazonian punk rock chick"
MY GOODNESS, YES...

then i owe you apology.
sorry

>chick
Oh, user... what a BIG surprise she have for big boys like you...

Thanks.

Back on February 14th, they shared with me their general outline for the crowdfunding campaign. Can't share much details, but at the time, they weren't sure if they should go with indiegogo or kickstarter. I'm inclined to believe indiegogo would be the safer bet, since it allows flexible funding, but kickstarter does have the better name recognition.

I still plan to back the campaign, but the longer they take, the more I worry people will have moved on. Campaigns are all about momentum, and it's hard to regain momentum.

i remember someone posted predictions who's going to be which archetype.

cant find it in desu, dammit

What do you guys think will happen to Krom? I mean, Tamira was a double agent, Axle seems honorable despite giving in to work with King, and Wrecks basically had enough of everybody's shit at the end (he basically redeemed himself imho).

Krom's the only one who's sociopathic enough to enjoy the shit King ordered them to do. What now that the main characters have King on a leash? Are we gonna get crocodile beef for dinner or does he actually have a chance at redemption?

he seems to be lost.

so.. theyfinally learned to animate humanoids?

hope the next catfight will be better

Move over, bitches.

The next catfight will be in bed

*tips baseball cap*

>even the fucking dudes look sexy
you furfags... why you do this?

with these two.

Lmao, I don't even browse Sup Forums, I just had boards.Sup Forums.org/co/rimba in my history…

I have to say I am disappointed with Vyxx's model unmasked
Her face looks so derpy
2D art was better

no fishnet gloves
no spots
no tank top.
no jeans

also: concept art ALWAYS look better than final product. oh well, let's see her in action
in 2018

You're just bisexual trash.

I suppose either King is eventually dethroned, or they just strike yet another deal with him?

Also isn't Tamira a potential love interest for Tag now or something?