Rick and Morty get cucked by the network

When the Rick and Morty season three premiere officially airs, it will NOT be the same version that aired on April Fools Day.

1. All reference to Szechuan sauce will be purged from the official version of the season three premiere. McDonalds sent Adult Swim a threatening letter saying they did not authorize them to reference the Mulan-themed sauce promotion and told them to remove all references. As such, dialogue has been altered to make the sauce Rick mentions during his interrogation to be a different kind of sauce.

2. Rick's ENTIRE monologue at the end has been axed, with the exception of the reference to season three being "the darkest year yet".

Adult Swim was very much upset at the negative reaction to the monologue from the preview and gave Justin and Dan an ultimatum: rewrite the monologue to make Rick less of an asshole, or Adult Swim would cut the ENTIRE MONOLOGUE from the official season three airing/future airings.

This is one of the reasons for why Dan and Justin have had a huge falling out: Dan (who wrote the monologue) wanted to go full martyr while Justin agreed to Adult Swim's demand. Adult Swim is of the "Rick is a hero/cares for the family, even Jerry" camp in terms of the direction of the show. Adult Swim was also not happy at the decision to break up Beth/Jerry and felt Harmon wrote the monologue explicitly to attack Adult Swim, when they express concern over the plotline when they were told about the direction of season three.

Other urls found in this thread:

heatst.com/entertainment/mcdonalds-assailed-for-plan-to-bring-back-problematic-and-disrespectful-szechuan-sauce/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/86927702/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>continued
Similarly, the threat from McDonalds and negative fan response, over the fact that Rick's entire motive was to bring back dipping sauce, caused Adult Swim to kill the entire monologue.

The new monologue Justin recorded, cuts all reference to the events of the premiere being a master plan to get rid of all of his enemies, Jerry included. Or Szechuan sauce. The new monologue has Rick talking about how happy he was about killing the Council of Ricks/telling Morty how the Council killed his grandmother and that the body he ended up possessing was the body of the Rick who planted the bomb. Which in turn freaks Morty out. Also, he references the split between Jerry and Beth only in the abstract: that the divorce of the family is why season three will be "the darkest year". And that he will keep Morty's mind off the divorce by having even more adventures.

Justin had to cut some of Rick's scenes for the new monologue/insert additional silent reaction shots of Morty to cover up where he could not synch the new monologue.

As stated, Dan Harmon HATES this has happened. But Justin is far more pragmatic and wants to keep the show going/Adult Swim happy. Unlike Venture Brothers, Adult Swim has more of a financial stake in Rick and Morty that lets them meddle in it and Justin really doesn't want to piss them off.

where's the sauce justin

Your half assed bullshit story has a huge hole in it in that the rumors, because that's all they have been, about Dan and Justin fighting happened before the season 3 episode was even aired. Take this shit to kotaku or some bullshit site where people might believe it.

Fuck's sake, OP. Source your shit for once instead of being a faggot.

>Harmon is a faggot whose ideas Would lead to the ruin of the show
Called it.

[citation needed]

Reminder to boycott this show until they apologize for legitimizing violence against one of the most oppressed groups in our society.

I actually wish this would happen. Unfortunately, Season three looks like is going to Stay the edgy tripe it started as.

>Mcdonalds threatened them with a lawsuit
yeah, no. Even if they didn't love the free viral marketing, which, of course they did, they, like anyone who isn't a retard, knows there's no legal basis for such a complaint.

Do you fucking Sup Forums crybabies ever stop?

Why do people create this fanfiction? For what fucking purpose? It's mostly dealing with e-celebs, but it feels like wherever there's any uncertainty, someone comes in with a bunch of bullshit to answer it for no reason.

We have already fought a massive scale war on this very issue, that is what legitimized violence against nazis. There's nothing more American then punching a nazi in the face and there never will be.

Dude, it's obviously sarcasm.

has Sup Forums finally agreed to compete in the oppression olympics?

>Spreading huge re-edit rumor
>Serach "Rick and Morty Season 3 re-edit
>No Results
This shit better be bait. Cause Wasting my time for finding a source you fag.

>Tolerant Left

Cool Story Bro. Any sources for this information or are you just going too keep posting your fanfic as fact?

They desperately crave the (You)s. It's like a drug.
They get off on the feeling of having "manipulated" someone, if anyone believes them.

>Sup Forumstard/Tumblrfag makes a post that's obviously them making fun of the other
>their own kind mistake the obvious sarcasm for the real thing, sperg out

Stop this shit.

Normally I'd be all thumping my chest talking about how CORPORATE CENSORSHIP is the worst but ehhh fuck this show and fuck Harmon and fuck his stupid webcomic tier marty stu

Do you have a proper source on this, OP?
Or did you just pulled out of your fucking ass?

Provide a source or else I simply don't believe you. The idea that any of the concerned parties would give a shit about the things you posit them being so wound up about is absurd. Not wholly impossible, since people sometimes behave in absurd manners, but unless I see proof, I'm willing to confidently dismiss this as nonsense fanfiction on your part, OP.

aw I am such a sucker when I want something to be true

>implying the april fools episode wasn't just another layer of simulation
>Rick is still stuck with the zigerian scammers and anything after that episode is non-canon

>re-edit
>reedit
>reddit

There's something fishy going on here.

>rewrite the monologue to make Rick less of an asshole
>rick's defining trait is that he's a fucking asshole
what the fuck AS

>finally

they've been doing it for years

citation needed

>be beta leftist cuck
>pretend to be right-wing and act stupid to discredit us
i hate leftists so goddamn much

Parody is protected, the entire sauce bit is a joke and can't be sued. bait thread.

On the plus side, they aired the premiere on April Fool's Day, so it's kind of easy to say the original stuff was ALL PART OF THE JOKE!! and the retcon is the actual thing. Yeah. Something like that. I can't believe I'm still on Sup Forums discussing cartoons after all of these years. Jesus, I've wasted my whole life here.

When you know it's bait but you still really really want to believe

>no sauce
>post is about no sauce

>McDonalds issued a cease and desist for all the free advertising that they were getting for the spoiled stoner demographic
McDonalds isn't Nintendo, so I don't believe you.

OP is the same guy who does the Marvel Insider rumors. You can tell by the way he writes.

Now we need a commie hunt and it will be better.

>the Left still has no idea how the Spanish Civil War happened
>the Left still has no idea how Hitler happened
>the Left will continue to make the same violent mistakes that push people into the arms of fascists
I want history to stop stuttering.

Kek

I hope no one is seriously giving this post any credit.
Mc Donnalds can't give a cease and desist for "Fair use and Parody."
And even if they tried I'm sure a company like CN wouldn't give a fuck. It goes to court, CN wins and probably can do something silly like counter suing for wasting time and money over a reference to what amounts to free product placement.

heatst.com/entertainment/mcdonalds-assailed-for-plan-to-bring-back-problematic-and-disrespectful-szechuan-sauce/

How is any of this cucking?

Hey remember the chucklecucks who insisted the entire premiere was a hoax?

Some fags have an absurd investment in convincing themselves and others that episode was noncanonical. OP going on about "the negative reaction to the monologue" proves it, Sup Forums is the only place where I saw anyone buttblasted by that ending because only 4channers are pathetic enough to identify with Jerry.

>the right continues to think facism is a good thing as long as those they hate get got first
I want people to stop being retarded

I can't wait for the premiere to finally arrive so all these idiots can get blown the fuck out. How many of them do you think will have the balls to cop to their bullshit?

I don't even remember the monologue.

How are they cucks?

>This is one of the reasons for why Dan and Justin have had a huge falling out
Was this ever confirmed anywhere?

Fuck Dan Harmon

It's not even "the right". Just a bunch of roleplaying faggots.

>How many of them do you think will have the balls to cop to their bullshit?

He won't, look at what happened in desuarchive.org/co/thread/86927702/

Just fucking air episode 2 then, everyone has a rip of the first one anyway.

>all the reactions to this post
>What is sarcasm?

Seriously you're too young for Sup Forums if you don't understand sarcasm. Or too autistic. Fuck off.

>implying there was a negative reaction
>implying Adult Swim care about plot, they'll allow anything that's funny
>McDonalds got a massive FREE PR boost from the episode, they would've loved it

Yeah, no, this is bullshit.

Ok. That pretty much takes care of 90% of my problems with the S3 pilot.

That original picture is retarded.

>the negative reaction to the monologue
The only negative reaction was the knee-jerk contrarianism on Sup Forums.

holy fuck, please leave Sup Forums

>implying you aren't two layers deep pretending to be a leftist pretending to be rightist trying to subvert the narrative as well

Stalin was an ally though, communism is an honorary burger.

>nothing more American than punching a Nazi
Maybe if your belief in the American experience is relegated to pop history.

Hitler didn't happen by punching Nazis.

>Keep Sup Forums in Sup Forums

You know this rule. Follow it. I hate it too but I still enjoy the show

>Nothing more American then punching a Nazi

You mean a commie.

>Dan (who wrote the monologue)
bullshit OP, it was Justin who improvised it

The point being, tit for tat and eye for an eye is real.

Then the strongest wins out if it goes to shit. The strongest winning could be Nazis or Commies, both shit, but in civil wars, the extreme ideology usually wins out.

Whilst I think freedom of speech is more important, but I can see their side.

>over the fact that Rick's entire motive was to bring back dipping sauce
are people THIS retarded?
do they not know what a joke is?

You're both wrong. It's monarchs and dictators that are america's mortal enemies. something we have long ago forgotton judging by our allies. (cough saudi arabia cough)

are those ever true?

White guys who throttle their dogs? Because that shit troubled me. Little bitch needed to move.

>muh white genocide

Fuck off Sup Forums

>lying on the internet

If you don't oppress the Nazis they will oppress everyone else and what they do will be a lot better than public sham and beatings.

Greater good requires Nazis to be beat along with Commies and monarchists.

You're a fucking idiot.

Dan just said on his podcast 2 weeks ago that this news is bullshit, and he and Justin are still good friends. Also far as I know, Dan finished his involvement in the creation of season 3 almost a year ago. The animators have been drawing it and its up to CN when to air it. I highly doubt they'd go to the trouble of asking the creator of a show to rewrite and redo the voice acting for an entire episode. They'd just choose not to air the show.

This sounds like a "My friend's uncle works at Nintendo and he says theres a pokeball with Yoshi in it under the truck next to the Saint Anne in Pokemon red and blue" kind of rumor. Summer is your only time to go have fun. Why are you kids sitting on Sup Forums, making up stupid rumors?

>negative fan response, over the fact that Rick's entire motive was to bring back dipping sauce
Who the hell gets triggered by this? I mean it's RaM, it's not really something that should shock or anger anybody.
Hell everyone should just release their stuff on youtube or some shit and get the money through other ways. TV channels are fucking cancer.

I think it's just because it's the only way they can get human interaction. That, and their mom calling them to come up because dinner Is ready.

That's a pretty good fanfic OP.

>justin is the one who wants to appease adult swim

Are you a retard OP?

Roiland is working on another series called Solar Opposites for fox with hirsh, AND has his own game studio.

Furthermore roiland was the one fuckign with networks trying to get C&Ds for ages including the cosby show/back tot the future parody. You couldn't be more misinformed.

house of cosbys is still amazing

It's why Roiland is doing that show on fox with Hirsch, it will be more in a style of house of cosby.

Bumping Bullshit Thread.

Geoff Johns is a crossdresser who constantly asks Morrison to fuck him in the ass, often dressed as big bards. Usually Grant just turns him down.

Oh shit balls is there anymore details on this? Roiland is shockingly good at taking retard premises like house of cosbys and that imaginary character cat in the hat riff thing and making them genuinely engaging character pieces also his edginess can be endearing sometimes.

Basically 4 aliens whos planet exploded and who are plant like end up on earth and deal with its situations.

>mfw all the unused dogworld ideas get used here

well obviously we're getting more content to compensate, and the original still exists. Sounds like a win-win for anyone that isn't a hardcore memer that'll get upset over "muh Mc Censorship!!!"

You shouldn't get beat up for wearing the swastika but you shouldn't be beaten up for bullying or dragging your dog around harshly.
It was just them beating up dicks, they're not supporting Antifa or something.

I liked the premise of dog world but the problem was Edmund was such a piece of shit.

like most rumors, no

I didn't know Meltzer was reporting on cartoons now.

like McDonalds would turn down free publicity in a key demographic.

like McDonalds is powerful enough or can make claims on Sexchuan sauce or mulan.

now if it was The Mouse, I might believe.

Looks like McDS forced ADULT SWIM to remove all references to Szechuan sauce from Rick and Morty to keep the TV-14 Rating

Welcome to Trumps Republic of Hitlerstan

Except they didn't actually have a falling out. Nice b8.

it would be funny if the content changes were true but the reasons given were complete lies

Like the reason the szechuan sauce shit is removed is because that was part of the April Fool's edition and never meant to be the final version