I wonder why

I wonder why.

Them damn dirty apes

Because it's the third iteration of spider-man in just a few years, released in a summer full of high profile releases like Wonder Woman, War for the Planet of the Apes, and now Dunkirk AND Valerian.

I really like the movie but even I am a little tired of spider-man.

Apes is why. Not casting or story. Still making money though, so no worries. Did not bomb like BvS so Im sure Disney is happy.

Is this a Sup Forums bait thread for ants?

I was arguing with someone that Dunkirk would steal a lot of Spider-Man's thunder and he was going "Where's the proof? It's Spider-Man"

Most the blame can be placed solely at Sony's feet

From making a THIRD reboot so soon, to poor marketing, to releasing it in the middle of a crowded summer

Bad press (built by slaves, lots of racebending) reboot fatigue, all the movie spoiled in the trailer, and worst release date, WW and monkeys kill the spider, to me also the downgrade of Spiderman and all the Stark suit

Are we suppose to ignore worldwide box office as well as it having the biggest MCU opening weekend after Guardians? Or does that defeat the purpose of this shit posting bait thread and article title with no context?

Apeshit >>>>>>>>>>>> Capeshit

Are people that hyped for "Dunkirk"? Doesn't look like a very blockbuster-y film.

>Bad press (built by slaves, lots of racebending)

Sup Forums actually believes this.

>Are people that hyped for "Dunkirk"?
Nope it's going to be the second of at least 4 massive bombs for WB

Suicidal release date, but at least it's looking to make half a billion dollars, which will be enough for a sequel and not to have this killed off.

Well lots of people talk about that, bad press isn't just few interviews is also what people say in non paid reviews, blogs and things like that, I'm not American so I don't care about the Washington Monument, but is something that
I would not put in a superhero movie for kids, still isn't released in my country, just figure

>Nope it's going to be the second of at least 4 massive bombs for WB

Dunkirk is gonna make crazy good money.
Nolan is thought of as being Stanley Kubrick by teenagers.

>Suicidal release date
It's funny that leading up to it, everyone thought it was all the OTHER movies surrounding it that had a "suicidal release date"

>Marvel's Batman v Superman is going to make less than DC's Batman v Superman
Absolute pottery

Yeah I dunno why people didn't went to watch Iron Man 5.

Nolan is a good director. If he filmed an elephant passing a kidney stone people would watch it because he will make it interesting

He has a point, Dunkirk and Spidey have different audiences. Thing is, Apes has a different audience too. This thing is flopping because it's a bad movie and that's it

>bad movie
>93%

>This thing is flopping because it's a bad movie

It's not flopping at all.

Hi mods, just wondering if you're getting paid to allow marketing on Sup Forums or if you truly do it for free

>Everyone
Not a hyperbolic gross generalization. Over 7 billion people thought that. Every last man, woman and child thought that. All of them.

Because the Apes trilogy is really damn good, and far better than anyone thought it'd be.

Nobody except Sup Forumskids care about that shit. Normies dont know who Ned Leeds and Liz Allen are and the Washington Monument joke got the biggest laugh in my theater.

Also it's well on it's way to $500 Million soon.

>73 metascore
>beaten by CGI monkeys
>good
lol

Bad movie? You have no clue what you are talking about. Stop trying to talk about how box offices work, you look like an idiot. It did not flop, not even close to flopping. It has made its money back, and more, in the United States alone. It will break 500 million worldwide, which is considered a blockbuster. Nice try though.

how many more things will Disney ruin before you all come around?

what is Captain Underpants

Spider-man oversaturation + Apes

Well people realised Homecoming was mediocre and Apes was great, and now Dunkirk is on the way with 96 on metascore. Spider-flop is official

>Dunkirk is on the way with 96 on metascore
>96 metascore
That's fucking insane. It has a higher average rating on this serious page than the percentage of thumbs up RT memescore for Homoflopping

Learn what a flop is before opening your mouth kid. 300 million worldwide on the way to 500. Not a flop you shit posting troll.

It has to do 800 million to break even

>watch trailer expecting a war movie between humans and apes
>the movie is a character study on the apes

it's like getting tricked into watching a better movie

>$175M production budget
>confirmed record breaking $140M marketing budget
>they get half of the domestic gross and even less overseas
>already outpaced by Wonder Woman
Flopping hard, baby

Lot of good movies out right now, too much spider-man going on and it didn't feel like a "big" movie.

You say that as if CGI apes are bad

So theyve made their money back and still making money. You just proved user's point you fucking moron.

300 not 800 million. KYS

>lots of people talk about that

yeah Sup Forums

Why would Wonder Woman conflict with Spiderman? They where months apart
Fuck off Sup Forums

APES

TOGETHER

STRONG

All joking, teasing, and gloating aside...Homecoming feels like a school play filmed for Disney tv to air at 3pm on a Saturday. It feels plastic and vapid. Holland doesnt even feel like hes really Spidey. It feels...like we are getting a reboot soon enough. He doesnt even leave the impression that hes actually a longterm fake spidey. hes just a kid that sucks dick in hollywood and some jews wanted to give him a kiddie movie but even the kids dont like him.

Amerifats eat up embellished war films no matter how shitty they are because MUH PATRIOTISM.

Negligible Uncle Ben guilt and thus negligible with great power etc.

Instead of that it's about notice me senpai

Why is it a bad movie?

Behind the polished assembly line exterior, it misses the essence of Spider-Man

Not much better than TASM and not a patch on the Raimi ones

What is this, a clickbait for ants?

So it's a good movie but not a more accurate one.

Someone keeps saying 500 million would be a hit for the most popular character Marvel ever had but Andrew garfileds movies underperformed and BvS, MoS, and SS were all underperforming flops despite making more money and winning an Oscar.
This is why the next gas chambers movement is reserved for marvel faggots instead of you know whos.
Homecoming is a deflating dud. Its a wheezing fart from marvels britches and Sonys rectum. Its a stinker only the most sheltered child could enjoy. Its actually worse than GOTG ffs. And thats nearly impossible unless you are GOTG2.

Once again, mods you're really doing great job today

They were going for a critical hit, not a money-maker. The Garfield films were making money just fine.

why do you keep asking for mods? wtf is wrong with a thread examining a marvel/sony flop????
geez yall some sensitive clits.

finally! tomorrow i'll watch it on big screen.

reminder what mods do

It isn't a flop you retard
It is still making money

I think there are a few reasons for the drop
A lot of competition
It was a pretty simple movie with not a lot of re-watch value
Word of mouth has been meh
WAY over hyped

dunkirk is literally about how the eternal anglo ran away from a fight

The acting in the ASM films is ten thousand light years above the kids making lemon faces in disneyspidey. Thats not even debatable. the asm acting was so good, the chemistry so good they turned gwen stacey into female readers/viewers favorite fictional character for the year asm2 came out. Garfiled and Stone are the reason gwen has a fan base today.

youll get NOTHING similar from the shitfest youre calling a spidey movie now.

I wish they'd finally move onto some story instead of retelling the origins again and again.

Too bad so sad.

Not trolling but I would rather Marvel never get the rights back to the x men simply because their vision for spiderman is fucking atrocious. ATROCIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only way I would trust Marvel to do better than other studios for now on is if the writers all killed themselves and new talent was brought in from the flyover states. I cant stomach any more sjwisms in my super hero movies. Its just awful shit all around. Awful ungodly cringey shit only fucking idiots relate to. And i am sincere in saying that . Fuck electric company pbs spidey in an iron man jr movie. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck marvel for that forever.

so what's your definition of a bomb? Cause I'm sure the only thing the studio cared about is money.