Who does Joss Whedon think he is?

Who does Joss Whedon think he is?
The entire movie up to that point had been nonstop quipping up to and including characters quipping with their dying breath (Quicksilver).

Why did he think he had earned a dramatic coda?

I liked the scene. I liked Ultron. I liked the movie.

Martha.

wtf I have your opinion on every issue now

Because Whedon is a hack.

This is the same guy who killed Buffy's mom the same episode as he was doing silly robot waifu shenanigans.

>implying season 5 Buffy isn't god-tier

Joss Whedon's schtick is to take a character audiences like, kill them off tragically and then break tension with a quip.
Once you realise that you realise that it's in 99% of things he's written.

>muh tone clash
Who cares, it was well executed. What you'd rather have a quip-off just because QS' death was shit?

I'd rather have the rest of the movie not be quip overload.

This was the best part of the film, don't be such a shit.

Really, Ultron (the film and the character) wasn't so bad. The film was an above average action movie that was advertised poorly. I came out of it feeling like I'd been lied to, but upon seeing it again I realized it was actually full of pretty neat stuff.

It's kind of a mess. Every line out of Clint's mouth is shit, Quicksilver was a misfire, Ultron was Robert California, etc.

At least it didn't look like a daytime soap like the first one I guess.

I'm just saying it as he's not one to shy away from huge tonal shifts.

This, but unironically. I never understood the blistering hatred Age of Ultron got.

I recently re-watched a good portion of the MCU movies, and I have to say, Age of Ultron is a solid part of the story, albeit not a perfect one. Ultron was one of the more enjoyable villains in the franchise, especially considering some of the weaker ones present in it
*cough*Hammer

Because Ultron died rather than becoming an established multi-film villain.

Plus, people wanted Thanos more.

Also Hulk X Widow

I feel like they should have delved deeper into Ultron "being like Stark". It's kind of forgotten about after Klaw scene.

AoU really could've been better than the first Avengers in every single way, but the dialogue fucking sucked. I honestly can't believe nobody brought that up at any point during the process of making it.

It had a lot going for it, the characters and setting had all been well established so they could finally have fun just sorta playing around in the universe they've built. The way it flows seamlessly from the raid on Strucker's facility to Avenger Tower to Wakanda and meeting Klaw to Hulk vs Hulkbuster really does make it feel like a comic book in a way that I don't think we've ever seen before.

You can have humor in the movie. If you do it right and balance the humor with the suspense and action, you have the makings of a classic, but AoU fucked it up in spectacular fashion.

And Ultron looking like shit, holy fuck. Was I the only one getting Toy Story vibes?

They can bring back Ultron in a heartbeat, though. Its the easiest thing in the world to do.

Hell, in Homecoming one of the vulture weapons is made out of an Ultron drone arm cannon. One salvaged hard drive and he's back.

And he's a robot, so they can recast his voice easily too, if they need to by then.

Ultron dies all the time in the comics too, you know.

I'd love to see him come back in Ant-Man and the Wasp. I want at least one scene of Ultron and Hank Pym together.

it was a cabon copy of the first one

> Pym decides that to map the quatum realm, he needs a quatum computer.
> the most powerful quantum computer he can find is a salvaged Ultron head.
> "Its just a head. It'll be fine. Besides, I wiped the memory."
> Ultron head, without memory, imprints on Pym.
> turns evil anyway

This. He never gets proper closure with Stark which kinda throws off the whole point of propping him up as Tony's fucked up son throughout the film.

So you decided to whine about a scene that wasn't. Wew, great way to make your point.

That scene and the farm stuff are literally the best things about AoU. Fuck off OP.

It's like a tiny snapshot of a different movie, a better movie

>ultron drone design is way better than the vibranium bullshit
>great dialogue
>great cinematography
>we get to briefly see the twisted father/son relationship
>a quip that actually fits and is delivered flawlessly

>I liked the scene.
Yes.
> I liked Ultron.
No.
>I liked the movie.
Not at all.