'Shazam!' Is Next DC Movie to Shoot

>Shazam!, the story about a crippled boy-turned-Earth's mightiest mortal, looks to be the next DC Cinematic Universe movie that will go before cameras, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

>David Sandberg, the filmmaker behind upcoming Annabelle: Creation, is directing the feature project that hails from Warner Bros.’s sister division, New Line. The project is looking to go before cameras in January or February 2018 with a likely release in 2019, according to sources.

>Peter Safran, who worked with Sandberg on the Annabelle sequel and is also producing Aquaman, is in negotiations to board Shazam! as producer.

hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/shazam-is-next-dc-movie-shoot-1022821

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the story about a crippled boy-turned-Earth's mightiest mortal

Did they mix up Freddy with Billy?

>crippled boy

Wait, are the fusing Billy and Freddy into one character?

That's interesting

But will they cast John Cena?

No it isn't.
Makes Freddy look less interesting.

Freddy won't be in this movie

So?
Taking an attribute from one character and glomming it onto another is lazy and makes them less unique.

>changing origins
>literally who director who won't challenge executive decision
it's uncanny how they always make something sound like a flop before it's even in production

wew lad
As soon as the guy upthread dared to not be a baseless cynic this thread was doomed.

But Billy and Freddy are not interesting or unique

>
They're fusing Billy and Freddy.

Gay

>Captain Marvel vs Captain Marvel in 2019
AHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT FUCKING DC THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN. If they make Shazam really fun and kid friendly I can see it beating Carol easily.

THR removed the crippled part from the article.

Thank god

>Kung Fury director
don't know how to feel

youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Who said Billy was even going to be in the movie? Freddy is going to be Shazam. We've known since the 90's, you need a cripple, a girl, a black, and an Asian to be inclusive. Welcome to the new Justice League.

>DEM ZAPPY EYES

Haven't you read Curse of Shazam, we have all of those and more in the supporting cast

Fucking Johns. Well at least Freddy did went for the Shazam name when the wizard was dead. But anyway, I'm just glad Johns isn't getting royalty money from curse of shazam

It's not that guy, it's David F. Sandberg. The guy behind lights out and the new Annabelle movie.

No, they need to be front and prominent.

Different David Sandberg, sadly. It's the guy who made Lights Out and not the guy who made Kung Fury.

So you are saying we need the whole Marvel family? I agree but I doubt we will see that

thank god
the other guy is actually pretty good

DC's going for the throat. They've been fucking savage since Johns has been promoted. Marvel comics not giving you what you want? DC comics will! Secret Empire raising prices? Dark Nights: Metal's dtopping them! etc.

>Kung Fury
>good

It's shit tho.

>crippled kid needs to become able-bodied man to save people

Cries of ableism inbound

He's talking about the guy who made Lights Out, user.

>Shazam

That will never not trigger me. They couldn't atleast come up with another alternative name? Go ahead and call Wolverine Snikt while you're at it.

It's good.

see

Aww I wanted Sinbad

Not really, wb wanted something easy to trademark (and they won't) and their bitchboy just did it. The worst thing is people defending it, it's like changing superman to Kryptonman and that he is now from Mars just like Billy losing the gods and the wizard, changing the name and the race of the supporting characters and pretending it's the. Same character because both are called Clark Kent.

The article just says "a boy-turned-Earth's mightiest mortal", it's not an official press release so there was probably was a mix up between Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel jr.

They were doing this already when they tried releasing Batman V Superman weeks before Civil War.

no he's not

They pixked the director bease he's good with child actors

Shazam was announced with a release in 2019 long before the Captain Marvel was.

It's not really the same situation.

>Shazam movie
Okay.
>David Sandberg
Not Okay. It should have been Sam Raimi.

Lights Out was a solid hit and decently received (and has a sequel coming out) and Annabelle is getting very good reviews from critics who've seen it. Since this is a New Line production, he always made sense when rumors came out of him directing this a year ago.

So I guess we'll get casting on Billy and Shazam this weekend.

BvS was announced first, then the Russos convinced Feige that they needed to go the Civil War route.
BvS announced it's release in May first, but then Marvel chose the same one for CW, and WB changed the date.
Which is for the best, can you imagine what would have happened in theaters if those two movies had been release the same week-end? Nerd fights everywhere

Freddy and Mary still better show up tho

>Shazam is going to get a movie in the DCEU before he gets an ongoing in Rebirth

One will lead to the other, I think.

The one problem they have with this character is that it requires two actors to portray him correctly, and one of them has to be in the late tweens early teens, like 12-14. That's a small window of time, and if there's a sequel, that kid'll be looking a fair bit older.

Also, they still don't have a good Shazam yet. My bet is still on Armie Hammer, who's like 6'4" and has enough of a "boyish" face to be able to play Shazam.

Hear me out.

"When magic returned to the world in force, by the hand of the Enchantress and Incubus unleashed, I again stirred upon the Rock of Eternity. The Seven Deadly Sins remained bound in my respite, but had grown in power. Uncertain, I looked upon the base earth as thunder sparked across the very globe as a weapon of evil intent...though before I could rally my forces to any action, the power was silenced.

Since then, in waking hours I have observed the earth and believe a new age of wonders is upon us, an age of heroes. Still, this world has lost the champion who rose, and after so long perhaps I can entrust another with the might to equal that power.

I cannot abide another champion to be corrupted as the last I selected; so instead of ambition and nobility I shall seek humility and purity. So it shall be within the heart of one out of billions that I will mark as Earth's Mightiest Mortal and grant them the secret power of my name...and the thunder will not sound devastation and ruin, but salvation!"

It would be both ironic and coincidental if the movie ends up being more successful than Man of Steel (just like the comics back in the day).

So ironic Xd, I know that fact from Wikipedia too geekbro ;)

:Brofist:

A Captain Marvel movie in the style of Kung Fury would be the balls

feels like Shazam could be an amazing movie, can't wait to see how they fuck it up

I guess that hit a nerve.

John Cena would honestly be prefect for the role.

but we wouldn't be able to see him

It did, you are not a fan of Captain marvel and don't know shit about what you are talking about, you are like those idiots who say golden age batman used guns in every thread. Cap outsold action comics for a few issues, thanks to the captain marvel serial, Fawcett didn't went to shit because of DC, they went down along with the rest of the industry, DC was a small factor and never managed to stop the marvel family from being published.

>It is unclear whether Dwayne Johnson, who has long been attached to play Shazam! villain Black Adam, will be involved with Shazam! but he is attached as star and producer of the Black Adam spinoff that is being developed concurrently to Shazam!

But John Cena isn't good looking, not in the sense of a superheroic leading man, anyway.
Nor he can he convincingly portray emotion.

>Billy Batson
>He's not Batman's son

thats what they want you to think

God I hope that was a mistake.
I'm hoping it will be based on Monster Society of Evil. Good shit, if Smith can't draw a child's face without making it terrifying.

You have the right idea, user.

Shazam will have to tie into Wonder Woman too with how that movie handled the Greek pantheon.

I like it

Make it the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man and I'm sold.

As much as I hate to say it, Carol's gonna get praised more than Shazam just because "muh feminism".

Carol's gonna get praised more than Wonder Woman

I can see the headlines now
>Captain Marvel is Wonder Woman done right
>Take notes DC this is how you do a female superhero

Billy will be casted as a nigger

That doesn't make any sense, WW was already heavily praised and exceeded expectation at the box office

I have to admit that Captain Marvel was one character I didn't expect DC to get an adaptation. On one hand I want to give them credit for acknowledging him, on the other hand I'm not sure I want to see it happen given WB's track record.

that's because everyone expected it to be a disastrous huge pile of shit

And it wasn't.

What are you trying to say?

This movie is never going to happen

I hope the movie's lighthearted and comfy. I want to see cute Mr. Mind.

>crippled boy
But why though?

People love Cena just fine dude.

Nigga, I'm not the guy you replied to.

see
misinformation

So since Black Adam might not be in Shazam, we who's the villain going to be?

if anything it will probably be the opposite. No one is expecting Carol to be more than Ant-Man teir but with a lady.

Is the name Captain Marvel not used anymore at all?

It's used by people who forget he's supposed to be Shazam now.

very good

It dosen't make any sense that his word of power is his name. And ''Shazam'' is aldready taken by The Wizard.

I'd rather we call him Captain Thunder even though legally there no issue calling him Captain Marvel anywhere but on an cover

Fake News

And in toy boxes and general merchandising labels. From an overall franchise point of view, there were always issues with attempting to call him Captain Marvel.

Then why did DC sue Fawcett for the rights to Captain Marvel, and adapt a bunch of Captain Marvel traits into Superman, and Elvis base himself off of Freddy?

I still laugh when I see "Volume 1" on the Nu Shazam trade

>tfw we could have had Captain Thunder