Is Yellowjacket the best and most criminally wasted villain design of the MCU?

Is Yellowjacket the best and most criminally wasted villain design of the MCU?

Yes, absolutely

Ant-Man has some of the best costume design I've seen in a comic adaptation.
I hppe they keep it up in the sequel.

How'd this movie do in Japan?

That's not Red Skull.

Holy fuck, yes. This right here is why I love comic book movies. They take designs that are either overly silly or outdated and find ways to make them look badass. Pic related, I always thought Doc Ock was kinda dumb until I saw him in theatres, and 13 year old me was blown away.

Darren Cross is wasted potential, too. I prefer villains who are evil because they're bad people and not because of some sob-story, but I wished the bad guy had more of a character. We got a smidgen of it when he was trying to confide in the love interest, saying with a hurt tone how he felt Hank wasn't noticing him since he kind of sees him as a father figure. But, eh, gotta fit the screen time.

Like Red Skull, I think he's still alive, though, despite how brutal his "death" scene was. Remember, no body, no death. Speaking of, did anyone else think it was weird how he was making a business deal with HYDRA? Why not a revived AIM?

Darren Cross was great and fun.
Possibly THE MOST SAVAGE human Marvel villain to date.
I really hope he's not dead but it's unlikely he'll ever come back.

They're definitely going back to the Microverse to find Janet, so there's a chance he could show up.

They should team-up

I thought with the pink goop that the prototype shrink ray turned people into, he'd come back as a mix of The Blob and his comics appearance, where he's a big pink guy.

Cross was damn great, and I'd love to see him return.

You pipe down.

He didn't just get shrunk though, parts of his suit were shrinking individually so his body was getting mangled and crushed by the suit

He was the Lex Luthor we were all hoping for.
Goddamn.
Horrendous lack of foresight on the DCEU's casting director's part.

I'm really not a fan of the"stingers". I'm no practicool fan but it seems like really, really unpractical weapon placement. Other than that it's pretty overdesigned, but still okay.

Snyder himself pushed for Zuckerberg.

g r o s s s s s s

...The Marvel U really doesn't have a Lex Luthor, to be honest. Doom doesn't count, and Osborn is far too evil... I wouldn't mind some synergy in this case. Correy Stroll looks ten times better than the pink-man version of the comics.

He originally wanted him as Jimmy and when he declined Zack offered him the Lex part, rewriting it to fit a young Lex and lauding Jesse for not giving a shit about the source material's depiction of Lex.
Pretty sure that's also how Jimmy became "a nice surprise for the fans".

Corey Stoll should've been Lex in the DCEU.
Or ANY possible live-action DC movie franchise.

>Osborn is far too evil

Lex Luthor doomed octillions of people to suffering and death because to save them and give them eternal bliss would mean he wouldn't be able to kill Superman.

GROSS
R
O
S
S

Fucking Ant-Man had so much wasted potential. I mean, putting aside my angry Pymfag rantings, Scott Lang's whole character is boring as dicks. His side characters are stock MCU quipmachines with no personality outside of "Mexican stereotype" and "Slavotype", his relationship with his daughter is reduced to cliché little girls scenes, but it's an ugly teddy not a pretty one, so it's fresh and new!

If they wanted to skew the story away from Pym because he's a bipolar nutbag, why not make it about Janet? Why do two founding Avengers have to get fucked over so damn often? I'm so fucking mad, it's been years since the Pymthreads, since we thought that Wright was directing a Hank movie, and I'm still fucking mad because aside from Rage of Ultron, Hank and Janet still haven't caught a fucking break.

Hank and Janet have never held their own book since half of Tales to Astonish in the 60's. They unfortunately don't have a "We need an Ant-Man comic going every month" quota the way Carol Danvers or Captain America do, meaning no editorial protection.

Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man still pisses me off since I love his films and Ant-Man was my first comic book. He would've made "Evil Hank" work, he wouldn't have been turned into a villain and unceremoniously killed off. He would've had the bipolar aspect played up, and probably shown and foreshadowed throughout the film, given how he loves to do things like that.

Ant-Man could've been a fantastic film, as opposed to an average Marvel romp.

The fresh and new things they did were the diegetic narration and the miniature fight scenes.
Could it have done more fresh and new things (notably in terms of characterization as you point out)? Sure, but it doesn't mean it's a waste.

Also Pym was the villain in Wright's version

More Ultron than Ultron

It's one of my fav MCU films, top 3 certainly. And I find the take of family a bit fresh. The asshole new boyfriend takes a sudden and nice twist at the end, he ISN'T an asshole, he just cares deeply for Cassie and by the end even Lang sees that.

this desu

I hope he had a back-up in a lab somewhere that some other villain uses at some point