Storytime of Pain: Trouble

Time for the third and final piece of the Unholy Trinity as we kick off the 2017 Storytime Weekend of Pain.

Marvel has always been trying to get the ever elusive "young female demographic" to varying degrees of success. In the mid-00s, their plan to get this demographic was with a new line of Romance Comics, and nothing says "romance" quite like Mark Millar. This is the result of that initiative. This is TROUBLE.

fuck's sake

Previous Threads:
(Marville)
(The Unfunnies)

Even Mark Millar admits that this comic is trash. Don't know if Quesada ever said anything about it though.

Everyone just forgets it exists.

I honestly don't know what Quesada or anyone else was thinking. How could anyone think that doing this story with these characters would work?

Can't wait for Sony's Aunt May movie!

>weekend of pain
>already

Why are you doing this to us user?

Shooting off the greatest hits by Thursday afternoon feels like we're gonna run out of terrible comics by Sunday.

So what year is this supposed to take place again?

How the hell did she see the way "her eyes sparkled" when she was running away in the opposite direction?

How does any of this make any sense?
Uncle Ben has always been established as being a lot older than his brother Richard. It's why Ben and May have grey hair. They're in their 50s at the earliest when Spider-Man first started when he was 15 years old.
In order for Aunt May to be Peter's mother at age 16, she would have to be 31 when Peter becomes Spider-Man, which is absolutely laughable.
This should never have been made because an editor should have pointed out this simple math.

I really did not need to see Ben's O-Face.

oh boy

Man, Peter's dad was a real asshole. I'm glad that the communist Red Skull killed him.

Given the Scooby-Doo reference, this has to take place after 1969. Comics didn't cost 12 cents back then.

I've got my storytimes planned out so there's some stuff each day. I don't think it'll be a problem. Getting the classics out of the way means people can focus on new stuff that hasn't been included in the last two.

Even the recap pages are terrible.

You think the girls on the covers ever do convention tours?

Does anyone know their names?

So I always heard that this was intended to be canon.
Like, was it considered canon then decided not later? Or did they KNOW it was a pile of shit so was retconned before even finished releasing.

I just wanna know how long Aunt May being the biggest cheating bitch was canon.

It looks like they tried making it canon to the Ultimate Universe in the final issue, but it doesn't work for that either.

Oh so that's where that page came from.

>mark millar

someone has an unrealistic view of themselves

>Ultimate Universe
Poor ultimate. It already had enough problems as it did, no need to kick em while they're down with THIS.

This is worse than the Unfunnies I think.

I mean, with the Unfunnies it's Avatar Press and it's an incompetently made horror comic. Sure.

This is Marvel and was supposed to be a romance comic? Featuring domestic abuse and all that other shit? Definitely makes less sense than Unfunnies.

It's almost time for the reveal...