Origin Revamps

If you could change the origin of one character or franchise, what would you do? Obviously you have to change the world around them a bit, but apart from that, go nuts. Main character(s), antagonists, supporting members, whatever! The world's your oyster!*

*No OCs. The whole point is to revamp already established characters/teams.

Pic is from Google.

Anyway, I'll go first, with...uh... Iron Man, I guess.

>son of Howard & Maria
>the Starks used to own land during the Wild West
>during WWI they started Stark Munitions
>it did well until Howard blew it
>in reality he was a SHIELD Agent and neglected his company
>with his first wife he had a son, Gregory
>throughout his travels he fell in love with a Med girl, Maria
>he abandoned the first family, and went back to the US with Maria
>then came baby Tony
>by the time Tony was done with his studies, the "accident" had happened, and the company was a wreck
>so Tony turned into a no-nonsense businessman in order to restore it
>Iron Man origin follows the same as the movie
>he returns a relatively changed man

That's the very gist of it. I liked the Hickman retcon with Howard, and I wanted to make Tony more of a self-made man. Plus, Gregory was cool, and I wanted to keep him. As for the other stuff, Obadiah would be some kind of Broker, Gregory would be the Iron Monger, Hammer would've taken over the market during the fall of Stark Munitions and the dissappearance of Tony, and Osborn would be the rising giant in Bio-Tech. AIM would be kinda like Cerberus, and I have plans for Doom & the Mandarin as well. Really, I have "origins" for all of them.

Pretty much just make him an employee at the daily bugle before he got the symbiotic rather than some stranger with an irrational hatred for fact checking

Exactly the same but stretch it over 5 issues with another 3 before he shoots a web

Just streamline everything.

>Satan exists, and he's Lucifer.
>There are 7 Major Devils, each one representing one of the 7 Mortal Sins.
>Johnny sold his soul to Mephisto.
>Mephisto had Zarathos, a previous Devil captured, bonded him with Johnny.
>Now they search for evil doers to add to Mephisto's plane, so that he can make a move and take over nearby Hells.
>Before becoming one of the Devils, (and losing and being demoted), he was Azrael, the Angel of Vengeance.
>As the series progresses Zarathos starts being redeemed, and the Rider becomes more and more powerful.

That's it thus far.

I would change up Sabertooth. I dislike everything they tried with him as how to relate it to Logan. I would have gone with the father/son angle, make Sabertooth a lot older than Logan and just have him embarrassed of Logan for being a 'bitch' (his view). So he goes around killing his loves to toughen him up and make him a 'man'. All the times together could be explained by Weapon X memory loss. Would change his name to Victor Howlett in order for it to fit, or change Wolverine to James Creed.

Superman is a experiment created by a man who wanted to end world hunger.

Bump

Make Atlantis Chronicles the canon origin of Atlantis and Aquaman.

>poor Latverian boy
>think Peter Parker: Slav Edition
>mom's occult studies go awry
>both her & pops are killed
>finish studies
>sell everything and get a scholarship to a US Uni
>be friends with Richards and his ilk
>grow up, build a medium sized company
>decide to build a dimensional portal
>portal blows up
>blame's on Vic
>get handed a "GTFO agreement"
>leave for Tibet
>come back to Latveria
>change name to Von Doom
>topple the government
>declare yourself king

There. It gets rid of the anachronistic gypsy origin, and doesn't portray him as a complete autist, plus, it gives him an actually legitimate reason to hate Reed.

I always wanted Doom to be a black guy who talked in rhymes.

I really dislike the Penguin's current origin, the one detailed in Pain and Prejudice, and one of the reasons why is because Penguin already had two great origin stories (the Silver Age one and The Killing Peck) and the new one instead prefers to take inspiration from Joker's Asylum's disgusting retcons. And I also don't like the idea of the Cobblepots being a super rich family since financial struggles were one of the reasons why Oswald got into crime and it kind of robs him of motivation to be a thief.

Instead, I'd prefer to have it this way: combine the Silver Age Penguin backstory with The Killing Peck, with some elements of his more recent versions. Thus, his backstory would go this way
>The Cobblepots were one of Gotham's founding families, a long lineage of chiseled war heroes respected by all, despite a shady history. However, Tucker Cobblepot and his father grew too comfortable and squandered the family fortune. Thus, Tucker and his wife Esther lost most of their assets by the time Oswald was born. The Cobblepots in Gotham were only able to keep afloat thanks to Esther's bird shop.
>Oswald Cobblepot's father died of pneumonia when he was very young. His mother blamed this on him being caught on the rain without an umbrella, thus, she forced young Oswald to constantly carry an umbrella everywhere he went
>Because of his name, disgraced family history, appearence and the ever-present umbrella, Oswald was constantly tormented by the other kids, particularly a bully named Sharkey.
>Oswald's only companions were the birds in his shop and his mother, who always told him stories about the Cobblepots and their achivements and the pride that she felt.
>Eventually, Oswald decided to take action against his tormentors, and trained in boxing for a few months. He managed to beat Sharkey.
>Sharkey retaliates by breaking into Mrs.Cobblepot's bird shop and killing nearly all of the birds inside before promptly leaving town.
cont

Just not make him a obese middle-aged junkie, as well as make it that his powers come at a price (as in the more he taps into them and if he does get any negative feelings that would make him cross a line he shouldn't, then the Void will try to manifest).

Ouch. That last one would definitively make him go full criminal.

Please do continue.

Why would a Slav be black?
Give us more user!

>Despite the terrible wounds left in him by the massacre of his birds, Oswald tried to go on with his life as best as he could, deciding to pursue a major in ornithology and forget Sharkey. He thought that "living well is the best revenge".
>Poor Esther Cobblepot was not as resilient, old and frail as she was and having cared for those birds for so long, and ended up becoming ill. Her medical expenses ran up enormous debts that Oswald and his aunt tried to cover up as best as they could.
>Not long after Oswald's graduation, his mother succumbed to illness. And everything in the store, including the new flocks of birds were seized by creditors
>Orphaned, grief-stricken, and filled with anger at the law and at society, Oswald decided to finally become a criminal. He would climb his way to the top and show Gotham that the Cobblepots were to be feared and respected.
>Remembering a nickname Sharkey had frequently given him in his childhood, Oswald decided to take some inspiration from his bully, and become a monster of his own.
>And thus, The Penguin was born

Blue beatle

......Come to think of it, Mad Hatter doesn't even have an origin
They really should have just copypasted his character from TAS into the comics like they did with Freeze. Instead of going with whatever the fuck Morrison and Loeb made him into.
They should merge him with his "imposter", too.

>anachronistic gypsy origin
You know that Roma still exist in Eastern Europe, right? You don't have to erase that to modernize Doom.

Yeah, but they're either functioning members of society, or inbred ducks that steal kids and sell their organs in the black market. You can give him gypsy heritage from his mother's side or something, but the "colorful caravan" trope doesn't exist. Their camps are static, worse than ghettos and full of tin-houses built from stolen metal. They live due to welfare. I live that stuff user, I don't need an American to explain it to me.

>Their camps are static, worse than ghettos and full of tin-houses built from stolen metal.
That's perfect. That's pretty much the environment I imagine a modern Doom growing up in.

Hal Jordan
>Member Of The Space Program
>Gets launched into space
>ship collides with Abin Sur's vessel
>their bodies, mixed with cosmic radiation, become one as they crash land in the ocean
>Hal becomes the guinea pig of NASA scientists until he has had enough
>He escapes and slowly becomes more aware of Abin Sur's presence within him. Abin teaches Hal the ways of the Green Lantern Corps and how to harness his newfound powers

Becomes kind of something the lines of that old Show Roswell with Hal becoming the last of the Green Lanterns as well as half alien

Don't know if it counts but here's my idea:

>Horror story set in a self-contained universe where superpowered characters mostly don't exist, aside from this universe's Batman
>Gotham is a walled-off, dead, condemned city, abandoned since 1939
>In the modern day a group of 6 criminals break in and hole up there to hide from authorities
>One of them is afraid of an old urban legend he once heard about Gotham, about a "Bat-Man" that haunts the city
>The other criminals laugh it off until weird things start happening to them
>Visions in the corners of their eyes, random noises coming from empty buildings, disembodied voices talking in their heads
>They can't call for help because all electronic devices they have on them have stopped working
>They can't even leave the city because the city's layout loops endlessly, sending them around in circles
>Criminals slowly get picked off one-by-one
>Some turn up ritualistically slaughtered, some turn up with only some pieces of their body left on the sidewalks, others just disappear altogether
>Last criminal remaining sees what was following them the whole time, and ends up shooting himself rather than facing it
>Ending is left ambiguous as to what exactly the Bat-Man really was