So now TWO shows have done something that Gravity Falls failed at

So now TWO shows have done something that Gravity Falls failed at.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XnGD4IpJvQA
youtube.com/watch?v=RkSaPs4FXY0
youtube.com/watch?v=tSvT4tJhzvs
youtube.com/watch?v=UwVCEQsYeIk
yp1.yayponies.no/yaystar/star.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

being bad shows about relationships with drama that drags on waaaaaaaaaaaay too long?

What specifically did GF fail at?

GF would've been improved if it had a quirky, long-haired, star-themed girl getting vaporized on-screen, I'll say that much.

Having the balls to kill off a main character

The fuck are you talking about? Stan punched Bill out of existence.

No, Gravity Falls succeeded in that

Bill isn't dead and you fucking know it

Bill died you sack of shit

looks pretty dead to me
youtube.com/watch?v=XnGD4IpJvQA

I GUARANTEE he'll be back when Hirsch realizes what a mistake FOX was

I'm not sure villains really count towards that

Is this about Mabel? Because I agree.

Gravity falls is done tho. There isnt going to be anymore

wait what, pops died?

Neither is Toffee :^)

Yep
youtube.com/watch?v=RkSaPs4FXY0

Fuck you normie

yeah also thanks a bunch OP you spoiled the regular show finale to everyone

>Toffee
>main character

It's been out since January give me a break

Eclipsa free = Toffe dead
Remember the deal?

Pops was a true hero.

She's still trapped though.
And what if what could eventually free her is not Toffee's death, but the mere fact of making a contract with her? ("an act stronger than any crystal" as she said).

>The red bird got cucked by a furry
HAHAHAHA

Toffee died? I don't even watch that show but some anons must be devastated, my condolences.

>She's still trapped though.
>the crystal started cracking

You could say that Tofee's death is CRYSTAL CLEAR

She was imprisioned for 30 years after the deal then RIGHT AFTER Toffe death the krystal started to break

Also Star died.

>some anons must be devastated

Not me, it was awesome to see that lizard die so fucking brutally

Though luck man, did you know that Darth Vader was Luke father?

RS Ended some time ago bro, spoiling is OK after sometime, it's not as if I was using a car bumper that read Han dies on the new movie within a day it screened.

Nah, fuck Toffee.

>Toffee
>Dead

He was just a fucking regular barbarian acting polite for no reason, I thought he was far more complex than that.

>Ludo holding his eye
>People still think Toffee is done for good

A lot of people thought his calm personality was a facade, but apparently he was always like that

Kill off the final boss?

I'm slightly fuzzy on the details but won't Bill come back if Stan remembers him?

Mabel probably made a macaroni sculpture of Bill and presented it to Stan with a detailed explanation of who he was

Not have a little girl cause the apocalypse and get off scott-free?x

Toffee is not dead you fucking faggots

If Stanley's consciousness was able to escape complete erasure, then what's to stop Bill from doing the same?

Killing off is easy. It's the keeping them dead that's the hard part.

They left bits of Toffee lying around that could easily be an excuse to bring him back at a later point if they wanted to. If they really wanted to be hardcore they'd have completely vaporized him so there'd be no possibility of bringing him back.

I mean, if you want to get technical Toffee already died in season 1.

Let's see here, he got eviscerated by Star, leaving him a skeletal goop thing, and cot crushed by a pillar, leaving just an eyeball of him. Seems pretty dead to me.

>Implying that nruter yam I taht rewop tneicna eht ekovni I nrub ot emoc sah emit yM L T O L O X
Didn't mean anything

Literally on suicide watch right now

Toffee is gonna return because Rasticore will stick Toffee's eye in to replace his gem eye

he wasn't the only one that died

>Didn't die via the prophecy
>The only way to kill him
Nope, he's still alive.

Ah, hope is such a wonderful thing.

1. Bill is just as dead as Toffee is, which is to say that if they want to bring them back, sure they will bring them back. Bill's backward message as he dies is something they can point to if they decide to put him in the Gravity Falls graphic novel that's coming up. Or if not then it's just for autistic fans to use in their gay fanfic so they can resurrect him to fall in love with Dipper. Likewise if SvtFoE needs or wants Toffee for the plot they'll just bring him back.

But as far is the show goes for right now they're dead.

2. Villains don't fucking count anyway. Kids' crap kills off villains all the damn time. You'd have been better off using Transformers as an example since they killed Optimus Prime. Even As Told by Ginger or Bobby's World did more.

youtube.com/watch?v=tSvT4tJhzvs

for reference

The ending.
And in truth, it didn't fail. It just missed the mark.

>it didn't fail. It just failed.
ok

Beyond that, killing off a character in your last episode is cheap. You have no promises to keep, no stories to write around the absence of what was formerly a major part of the story.

Meme as it is Gurren Lagann is the best example of what killing off a character should actually mean. There is an actual absence the character leaves behind, and while other characters later join the plot no character ever "replaces" the dead character. The other characters have to slowly come to terms with and learn to heal from the death, and the tone of the show as a whole distinctly turns after this character dies.

Those are the balls modern cartoons lack.

Pops didn't die though.

He is the most dead anyone could possibly be

youtube.com/watch?v=UwVCEQsYeIk

He's dead, mate.

What if the twist was instead of the crystal breaking due to Toffee's death. the crystal broke due to the Fritz which may not have been fixed by Star; and all the crystals break letting hundreds of Rhombulus' prisoners out?

Having flaws does not mean it failed. The ending wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

What if there's not at twist, thinks are happening exactly as the show spelled out for us, and your lizard husband stays dead

>Toffee
>Final Boss
Season 3 ain't even over, m8.

So I'm still a little confused about what Toffee's plan was. He managed to damage magic in the universe, and get his finger back, but was that his ultimate goal?

He killed magic. Nobody would be able to use the Darkest Spell again, so he was securely immortal. Without their magical protections and the Queen's power, Mewmans don't stand a chance against Monsters.
He was going to pick up where he left off, gather his forces again and conquer/destroy Mewni for good.

Destroy all magic in the universe + get finger back so he can reform and exist physically instead of in the metaphysical source of magic he'd been corrupting + presumably topple Butterfly kingdom now that magic can no longer threaten his immortality

retake the land

oh well

So is the consensus that Star was deader than Diana for a few minutes until she brought herself back to life?

How is this still not clear to everyone? He has a hateboner for Mewmans/Butetrflys because of the ancient conflict between Mewmans and Monsters. He went rouge and attacked the kingdom and killed Moon's mom on the verge of signing a peace treaty. In retaliation, Moon hit him with a spell that prevented his finger's regenerating ability, destroying his credibility as an immortal leader. By destroying all the magic and getting his finger back he would restore his credibility as an immortal leader and render the Mewmans defenceless.

That doesn't make sense. Dead people leave dead bodies behind. Star's disappeared into the wand realm, where she met Glossaryck, who provided her with a bit of magic he salvaged from the Spell Book for her to dip down with.

>Dead people leave dead bodies behind.

It was a giant magical explosion. It presumably vaporized her

She got blown to bits by the Whispering Spell, just like Toffee.
She fucking died, but technically her spirit/mind/soul got dropped into the magic sea instead of moving in to some afterlife, so she wasn't really dead (Toffee getting blown up didn't fulfill Eclipsa's contract).

>Dead people leave dead bodies behind
Not when they're at ground zero of an explosion that levels a castle.
The only thing left of Toffee was his arm, stripped to the bone.
Maybe they'll find little bits of Star in the cleanup.

And left Ludo's body intact?

Ludo's body remained intact because it served as the wand itself. Probably it's somehow protected magically to some extent.

He was the wand, thus that doesn't count
The wand was not kill the first time either

Jk plot armor is just gay

His "calm" personality -is- a facade though, or at least somewhat like one. We see this in the Season 1 finale where he's calm and stoic for a bit, and then suddenly does a complete 180 and goes bug-eyed with a maniacal grin on his face, before settling back to being stoic and stone-faced. The politeness seems to just be an act for the most part to cover up his bloodthirst.

>Maybe they'll find little bits of Star in the cleanup.

That'll be a fun episode

Then who was watching the VHS at the end?

Eternity alone with Glossaryck was intended to be her own personal hell

That was pretty obviously supposed to be Heaven or the RS equivalent

>Marco has a near-death experience in a later episode
>Wakes up alone with Janna

Still sentient counts as still alive in my book.

What about ghosts, then?

That does mean that Janna would've died at some point earlier, so I approve.

I am your host, Awestruck Vox.

Is High-Five Ghost dead? He has no problem interacting with the gang so he may as well be alive.

Half of all shows ever produced to do something GF couldn't. Have a female character be in the wrong. Or exist as their own person and not be completely subservient to the development the MC.

I think fives was born as a ghost so it's different

Is that from something?

fuck
where can i find the full episode, my usual place's link is broken

YayStar is the only place I know that has the clean version without either the TVrip channel logo or the gay promotional logo for another show.

>YayStar
google results concern me... can i have the link so i know im not stumbling into cancer?

Yes, it's a part of a horseshow site. How horrible!
yp1.yayponies.no/yaystar/star.php

thank you friend

>in bringing herself back to life, Star magically created a new body for herself.
>she's now made of pure magic, and her body gets increasingly unstable over time, getting close to dissolving into a pile of goo

>Those are the balls modern cartoons lack.
Older cartoons are guilty of this as well.
GL is the exception when it should be the rule.

Regular Show was cool
Star vs it's fucking shit. It should be banned on Sup Forums and moved to Sup Forums It's not a cartoon anymore.

>It's not a cartoon anymore.

He completely killed magic, making it so that him and his lizard buddies had no way of being killed. After he completed this task, he walked off, probably to go raise his army and crush the kingdom with little to no opposition. His failing was underestimating glossaryck's 4 dimensional keikaku

>Star vs it's fucking shit. It should be banned on Sup Forums and moved to Sup Forums It's not a cartoon anymore
what