Arkham Asylum 2 announced at SDCC

Arkham Asylum 2
by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham
Who hyped?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/20/grant-morrison-announces-returns-dc-arkham-asylum-2-chris-burnham-new-wonder-woman-earth-one-book/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seems unnecessary.

Meh.

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/20/grant-morrison-announces-returns-dc-arkham-asylum-2-chris-burnham-new-wonder-woman-earth-one-book/

what a cutie

>not McKean

Burnham is great, but they're obviously no going for the same vibe as the first, so why even make it a sequel?

In any case Morrison is hit or miss for me so I'll pass

Multiversity 2 when

*slaps face*

How dare you insult our Lord and Savior. He is literally bending multiple realities across space and time.

Please step away from the computer and go look at yourself in the mirror.

Then you will know the hyoercriss is real.

Wasn't Arkham asylum just Batmans lucid dreams

probably dead

it takes time to tell great stories

>Arkham Asylum
>Chris Burnham

So I'm guessing this will be similar to Nameless in style

Morrison said that its based in the Batman #666 universe, and that it is his "Jump The Shark" moment

not worth it without McKean. it'll probably have a cover by him though.

they already made that it's called Arkham City

kys

Sweet, #666 was really interesting and good to see it explored more. Wonder if Morrison will adress the expansion of Damian's "world" since the last time he wrote #666.

Fuck I just finished Nameless still confused and what the fuck was happening but it was still amazing

Won't be out until later. Plus the Black and white gothic bondage female batman.

Morrison should spearhead an Elseworlds revival.

lol

>Chris Burnham
I like Burnham especially when paired with Morisson, but the appeal of Hell on Earth was always the art.

Already have alt books. Elseworlds a dead brand Didio retired and Morrison thinks is pointless.

Nobody tell DamiFag it's about Batman 666

Can Multiversity Too: The Flash, Batman Black and White, and Wonder Woman Earth One vol 2 come out before he starts working on other stuff

The flash one is not going to be out soon. Rest will before that.

Probably set in one of the mystery numbers.

>Lee then discussed what he called DC's "evergreen" stories, such as Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, and more, saying DC wants to bring back those kind of books with top creators doing stories that are more directed - not monthly stories.
They want to bring back Elseworld/OGNs, I'm sure all of Morrison's announced stuff will be under that imprint. If Morrison wasn't really busy with Heavy Metal I'm sure DC would've offered him an imprint by now.

Not else-worlds but stand alone universes.

>Arkham Asylum 2
Why ?
What is the point ?

Didn't he did Arkham Asylum 1 because he wanted to remove Batman from his edgy Miller phase by exaggerating it and "transforming" the character into something better ? What is the point this time ?
Is it really just "Batman trips out at Arkham Asylum somethingsomething lolphilosophy somethingsomething loloccultism somethingsomething lol2deep4u" for a 2nd time ? And without McKean, the best part of the original ?

No, thank you

Given its DamianBats this time round, being put in the same situation as his father, I can only imagine the thematic focus will be on legacy and history repeating. We only have a name, an artist and a setting to go on but i've found Morrison's Batman work consistently repeating, so personally im looking forward to it.

Is Joker gonna sexually assault Batman even harder?

Didn't they just announce a new Elseworlds recently? The Nightwing book I think?

*consistently enjoyable.

But my subconscious is right that it risks being too repetitive, but I'll have to wait and see.

holy fucking shit.

i thought this was a joke.

I mean i'm excited because of the talent but why?

>consistently repeating
Funny, because I think this a good description of Morrison's work on Batman.

Not labeled as a elseworld. Stand alone like drk.

The last elseworld was years ago, about superman parents having a family on earth.

Back in 2010.

Yes and they also count Bombshells and Multiversity
>Will Elseworlds make a return? “In some ways, ‘Bombshells’ is Elseworlds,” DiDio said. “‘Multiversity’ sort of filled that gap. We want stories that have a real meaning, with relevance. It’s not that we haven’t been looking, we want the right ones. If we bring it back, it has to matter.”

Yeah, this is a terrible cashgrab on par with Before Watchmen and Dark Knight III.

McKean's art was half of what made the book good in the first place and there's not a snowball's chance in hell he's coming back.

Could be cool.

Why tho

Considering OP LITERALLY says its Burnham on art of course not.
It's not like its a rehash, its batman 666

>its batman 666
Oh boy. This book seems even more unnecessary.

Where the hell has Grant been anyway? Does he even write those 18 Days comics?

>unnecessary
No non-main continuity story is necessary, not even the original AA.

Editing Heavy Metal

>Takes place in the Batman in Bethlehem timeline
Post yfw when it takes place in an asylum run by Dr. Hurt after he blew up Gotham last time we saw him.

"In some ways"

Elseworlds was stand alone earths. Multiversity is stuff people can use and in the same muktiverse.

>still confused and what the fuck was happening
Nameless goes to a haunted house for a seance
Shit goes wrong
All the spaceship stuff wasn't real, but the asteroid that's actually a space prison for an eldritch horror is
The masked girl kills him to save the world

That's more or less it

This is a dumb post. Morrison has never liked McKean's art on AA, it obscures like half of his story. If you read the annotated script in the deluxe trade you can see how much of Morrison's work didn't even make it into the comic.

Morrison's writing is so dense he needs to work with clean straightforward artists.

>NOPE I DONT LIKE THIS AT ALL

Lol newfag millenials are fucking cancer of the highest order.

So wait, is Batman from Arkham Asylum actually Damian?

witnessed.

>Editing Heavy Metal

Oh shit. Forgot about that. How's it been under his helm?

I wanna know why this is called AA2 as opposed to another name

With Burnham on board this is probably linking Arkham to Morrison's Batman run and all the old Doctor Hurt stuff. He's still buried alive in the Wayne graveyard.

He got out in Seeley's Nightwing.

Was it worth a shit?

No.

I thought this was referring to the game for a second.

Anyway, I'll definitely check it out.

>Who hyped?

I thought Batman of Bethlehem never happened since all the events that lead to the story were stopped in the story itself

They were, but its pretty clear this is a What if

I first thought the game series was revived. Anyway, it's Morrison so I'll check it out.

HYPE
Morrison's vision for the DCU is endlessly fascinating.

Morrison already expanded on it.

Yeah the name seems like a weird nostalgia grab for what's clearly a follow up to Batman Inc

Also when will DC put out a collection of Batman Inc that has all the redrawn pages from the Absolute?

FUCK DON'T POST THAT TRIGGERING IMAGE

It reminds me how I wasted my money being stupid enough to financially support my favorite comic by paying the original trades.

Hype? Hype... HYPE!

>a collection of Batman Inc that has all the redrawn pages from the Absolute

I think that's just called the Absolute

When the fuck is Morrison going to do Final Crisis Superman Cosmic Armor 2 or show more feats with Golden Superman Prime 1 million? That's what I want to see.

>He got out in Seeley's Nightwing.

I didn't know that. It's weird when other writers write Morrison characters. Where is Dr Hurt now?

That actually clears a lot of it up but how did Nameless being killed stop the lovecraftian monstrosity

Didn't hurt die after that he broke his neck and was poisoned by joker toxin he was dead as a doorknob

Wtf I thought AA was canon to earth prime or whatever it's fucking called.

Morrison >>>>>>> what "canon" means this month at DC

I think it was because whatever happened in the haunted house put him in contact with the prison . Maybe he was the beacon that as drawing it in? I don't have it near me to

I mean isn't Inc. the only part of his run that isn't just in a Deluxe hardcover?

Hyper time still exists.

But modified.

So is this going to be a stand alone graphic novel like the Earth 1 stuff? That would explain why Burnham has done nothing but covers since Nameless ended in December 2015

Did Damian really sell his souls in Bethlehem or was he just trying to scare people

>producers are gonna force them to give nods to the theatrical suicide squad film
>probably redesigns

Which one was Arkham Asylum? Was it the one with the odd art and paragraphs of text and in canon not an elseworld?

We got a dick and damian team-up out of it and hurt was written competently although he wasn't necessary for the story being told so kinda

Does it go along with the rumors about villains like Maxie Zeus, Ventriloquist and Killer Moth?

I can't see how a stand-alone work as singular, tidy, and self-sufficient as Arkham Asylum could really have a sequel. At first whiff, it sounds like some "Before Watchmen/The Button/Titanic II" bullshit.

But, I mean, it's not like they got some new writer like Tynion to do a sequel to Morrison's stuff. They got Morrison. He wouldn't do this if he didn't have a reason to.

The fact that the artist is a world apart from McKean in terms of style makes me think that this "sequel" won't really be a sequel at all. It'll be a completely new story, with a new tone and feel, only loosely connected to the first in terms of theme. A look at the Asylum through another lens.

I feel like he'll probably sneak some commentary on the video-game series in there. Maybe it'll be about an idea manifesting itself in different ways (the same way a character can be adapted to different media), or about how anyone can be Batman (the same way we can all play him in a video game).

I also think that, whereas the first one was a deconstruction of the fetishisation of the psychologically unhealthy, violent, troubled, and repressed hero of the '80s (TDKR Batman taken to its logical extreme), the new one will have the zen, balanced, ubermensche version of Batman. The one from Batman, Inc. Maybe it'll be about healing, rather than a building that keeps its inhabitants in a tortuous loop of insanity.

I would also like a version of the art without having to shell out $60+ for the mondo super edition

>Producers
>In a comic....

What the fuck are you talking about?
This is morrison's Post-Apoc future batman we're talking about here....Normies don't care about damian, there's no sense in marketing it to the skwad crowd

ah fuck i thought they were making a sequel on Assault on Arkham

I laughed. On a side note, when i read the OP first, i tought it was a new game and got hyped.

>no Dave McKean
No, thank you.
I like my Joker with heels, thank you very much.

They've announced A LOT of Elseworlds style books: Batman White Knight, Green Lantern Earth 1, Gotham City Garage and the Nightwing book. There's probably a few more, but those are the 4 I can remember.

I feel like characters like Professor Pyg would be welcome members of Batman's rogues's gallery, but Dr. Hurt… he seems to be a villain whose purpose is a single story.

Is there a digital version of the Absolute Edition?

Morrison wrote Hurt too well so he's basically a central thematic antagonist in his story and he was a damn good villain since he basically the devil for all purposes

NONE are elseworlds.

What is this dumb shit? Sounds like another cash grab sequel. They should've at least put some top rebirth writer on it, like Tomasi, Jurgens or Tynion. Also, where's the Johns Doomsday clock news?

lel