>Everyone always jobs to him even back when he was 15
>Gets all the waifus
>Married a fucking supermodel
>Rich CEO
>Everyone loves him except for the obvious antagonists
>The ultimate self insert for white nerds
>Cheap "I win" powers

You can't refute this.

His bid in life is suffering. Any happiness he gets is written off after the next multiversal reboot

You can't be a Mary Sue in your own franchise. A Mary Sue would be a character added to the Spider-Man narrative that does everything better than Spidey and is loved more than Spidey. A Mary Sue is not MERELY a wish-fulfillment character, or merely an audience or author insert or merely an overpowered character.

This bait is so tasty, I just have to bite!
>>Genius
Who constantly under preforms in that aspect, and if he ever lives up to his potential it usually backfires on him in some horrible way, the Web Wear crap is the most recent example.
>>Everyone always jobs to him even back when he was 15
Do you know what the term "Job" means, or even where it comes from? If you did you'd understand why this doesn't fit properly
>>Gets all the waifus
Yea, can't argue that, he's your typical protagonist in that reguard
>>Married a fucking supermodel
In an elsworld, Peter and MJ haven't been together for more than a decade in main continuity, and MJ is no longer a model but a name in modern fashion
>>Rich CEO
Slott is a fucking idiot for this, but it does add more weight to my claim that Peters potential usually backfires as he is about to lose his company
>>Everyone loves him except for the obvious antagonists
I can't really argue this either because these days Slott focuses more on the costumed aspects of Peter's life rather than the social. Back in the day a lot of people disliked Peter for costantly letting Spider-Man interfere in his social life, MJ included.
>>The ultimate self insert for white nerds
No, that's Batman
>>Cheap "I win" powers
No, that's Miles

I await your argument OP

He was not before one more day, he actually sucked as a hero and he many times scared the girl away before getting some fuk(black cat)

He wasn't when he was created.

>>The ultimate self insert for white nerds
>No, that's Batman
Batman is a playboy not a nerd, Peter is everything Bruce is now plus being a "nerd" to his readers insert themselves into, a rich,handsome,popular,fuck dozens of girls "nerd"

>Who constantly under preforms in that aspect.

I'll give you this.

>Jobbing

In early Spider Man issues he would be pitted against clearly more experienced Marvel heroes and win. Cap, F4, X-Men, etc.

>Supermodel MJ

My point still stands. He was once married to her in continuity.

>"I win" powers
Super speed(kept up with Quicksilver once). Hulk level strength(fought the Hulk, beat Firelord, picked up a building). Spider sense is pretty much low level psychic powers.

>In early Spider Man issues he would be pitted against clearly more experienced Marvel heroes and win. Cap, F4, X-Men, etc.
I believe when Spidey was pitted against them none of the heroes saw him as a legit villain to be taken down, but rather as just another costumed hero, the F4 he caught completely unaware, I'm not sure about his bouts with Cap, and the most notable time he defeated the X-Men was during Secret Wars, and the team was being led by Scott who hadn't work much with any of the team at the time (Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler). I will give that one to you though, he shouldn't have had such an easy time dealing with them. Now, Firelord is a special subject because at the time he was no longer empowered by Galactus and Spidey was amped up by the symbiote and figured he was about to die and threw everything he had at him. One thing that we know about Spider-Man is that he is a rank above street level, but is constantly holding himself back.
>My point still stands. He was once married to her in continuity
I suppose I have to give that one to you.
>Super speed(kept up with Quicksilver once). Hulk level strength(fought the Hulk, beat Firelord, picked up a building). Spider sense is pretty much low level psychic powers.
More often than not his powers only help in his fights rather than actually win, a number of his foes are stronger and faster than him (Lizard is both, Scorpion is stronger), his strength is useless against guys like Sandman and Hydro-Man, and some villains even nullify his spider sense like the symbiotes. Point is we've seen his powers fail him, to call them an 'I Win' button to me is incorrect, a better example would be Miles' Venom Blast, which hasn't failed yet if I'm not mistaken, even dropping the likes of Blackheart.

>a better example would be Miles' Venom Blast, which hasn't failed yet if I'm not mistaken, even dropping the likes of Blackheart.

It still didn't work on the taskmaster and deadpool and hammerhead.

I'll relent user. You made good points.

Admittedly, I do not read Bendis' Spider-Man, but I find it amazing that he'd have Miles down Blackheart but not Hammerhead.
I enjoyed the discussion user, wanna talk about something else spider related? You read any Renew your Vows?

Why can't most people on the internet respectfully argue like you guys?

W-where are we? Did we accidentally fall off the internet? An actual civil argument? I applaud you anons.

I'm good for tonight thanks. I haven't gotten around to reading RYV. Is it any good?

It can be done, you just have to like the discussion, neither of us are trying to rile each other up, instead we talk about the aspects of a character we enjoy/don't enjoy. Sup Forums used to be like this, honestly!
Right now Vows is my favorite title on my pull list

Even when I argue with friends most of them all end up yelling or throwing out insults. Only one of my friend has respectable arguments.

No he's not a mary sue as this user explainsHowever, yeah, Spidey gets a lot of wank from the narrative due to popularity. When I mean that, I mean, he becomes popular, so he has more comics, so he has more writers each with their own varying levels of quality and wankery. Some people can do it well while others can't at all but all is unfortunately canon.

The whole escalation thing in comics is also certainly a thing where he constantly has to be important for popularity's sake and to be in events. Stuff happens to batman, Supes etc. Why do you think Logan has so much pussy up on his manlet dick?

Finally, comics is really meant for self-insert-ism and power fantasies and Spidey is one of the easiest to self-insert to due to how relatable he is.

I think the problem with most arguments and discussions on comic and cartoon related topics, and maybe some other things too, on here and in the real world, is that everyone assumes their way of thinking is correct and get mad when they find someone who doesn't want to conform to their way of thinking. I don't try and make anyone change their minds, I just try and help you understand my way of thinking, you don't have to agree with it. We're not all going to agree and see eye to eye, the best we can hope for is to understand one another.

>a rich,handsome,popular,fuck dozens of girls "nerd"

That sounds more like Tony Stark than Peter Parker.

Batman's not a playboy. He pretends to be a playboy for his cover.

The person you really are is what you do in your own time, by choice, and Batman spends his me-time in a basement on a computer.

Any other heroes who have top tier alternate costumes like spider-man?

Except that Tony is a jerk, he was created to be arrogant while peter got no flaws today.

Ironman

This. Almost any title character from any super hero, sci-fi or fantasy show would be a mary sue. Really only comedic characters wouldn't be. Look at Tony Stark, Batman, even leaders from some shows are. Optimus Prime, Lion-o, Goliath, they're all the strongest, smartest best.... but they're the leaders of these established groups.

It's not like Welsey Crusher, where this low level newb is better than this trained professionals.

Ain't no two fags gonna go and have no civil discussion on mah board go on now git

I'll check it out then.