Theoretically speaking, how would Gwenpool work in film?

Theoretically speaking, how would Gwenpool work in film?

It'd basically be Last Action Hero, wouldn't it? Except for a superhero movies instead of 80s action movies.

What's that teenager movie where talks to you?

Plus a Sony/fox film.

that's a really good hook actually
cape flicks have about the saturation that arnold/stallone flicks did at the time of LAH

Kick-Ass already did this, didn't it? The main character routinely broke the 4th wall too and it spends a lot of time mocking comic books and superheroes.

>"And if you're reassuring yourself I'm going to make it through this because I'm the narrator... stop being such a smartass. Didn't you see American Beauty?"

I can see her wondering if she's in the MCU, or in a Fox/Sony movie. She'd make jokes about how certain characters are never mentioned or seen, and maybe someone tries to silence her.

The problem would be giving her powers to match the medium, if she gets any at all. Unless it's an animated movie, she'll be severely limited.

Neither Fox nor Sony have her rights.

Probably work better as a cartoon or animated flick.

>Neither Fox nor Sony have her rights.

When then her character would make no sense in the MCU, unless they're extremely creative.

I mean, her character would take a lot of effort to make work in a movie even if Fox, Sony and Marvel all used the same universe, but yeah, there's just too many things that would have to be worked around for her. "Last Action Hero with superheroes" is a great idea, but it'd be way too easy to fuck up.

what does gwenpool's feet smell like?

heaven

It doesn't really work in a universe that young with such shallow lore. You need an large established universe that she could play around in. You're not going to get the same feeling as the comic where she can just team up with Batroc or whoever else and have it be recognizable.

I'm not sure anything outside of video games makes sense. Even if she was Fox there's not a lot there and those movies have been going longer. Worldbuilding is the biggest weakness of cinematic universes.

Fox has dead pool, Sony has Gwen. Sony said they won't give gwens to mcu.

Nice try.

Gwenpool is not tied to the rights of either the x-men or spider-man. She belongs to disney.

Not necessarily. We know Fox doesn't have her rights, but it's possible Sony does. That said, if Sony did then they probably already would have announced a movie for her with how crazy they've been lately, so I'm hesitant to think that.

Retards who haven't read comicbooks don't even know that Gwen Stacy has nothing to do with Gwen Poole

Sony shouldn't have her rights. Like at best you can say she stole her costume from an alternate Gwen Stacy but she is not a version of Gwen Stacy.

She first appears in a Howard the Duck issue and then in her own solo series. She is not and has never been a x-man or spider-man or fantastic four character.

Oh, I agree. Just saying, we don't know for a fact that she isn't part of Spider-man. We know that she isn't part of X-men or Fantastic Four though.

>I can see her wondering if she's in the MCU, or in a Fox/Sony movie. She'd make jokes about how certain characters are never mentioned or seen, and maybe someone tries to silence her.

Like in the movie Deadpool? It really fits that the cheap cash in character gets cheap writting too

Retards not knowing derivatives belong to Sony. Sony reported they own 900 other characters they won't give to Disney.

Gwen is based in Stacy so a derivatives. Whivh belongs to Sony.

Once again I'm always right and co is always wrong.

She's not derivative of Gwen Stacy as a character. And if you're trying to use the variant cover as the source material she's just as much a X-men derivative as a spider-man so sony would not have the rights.

but that wasn't Gwenpool, that was Gwen Stacy in a pink and white Deadpool costume.

>implying that the character isn't a joke about the popularity of Spider-Gwen

user, lets be realistic here, gwenpool is a cute character, carried by an above average artist and a decent writer. There is no way she could work in a movie, not even close.

And even if it did, it would be Normie: The movie, feat the MCU. There is nothing of substance here. I like the comic, but Im not going full autism on the character. She is bas, and she will go straight into the trash bin as soon as one or both of the current artists leave her.

Like a non-powered squirrelgirl with a pg13 spinkling of deadpool randolulz and bits o homecoming-style teen dramangst ... so something you'd see on the CW