The Emoji Movie

>HuffPost spoke briefly with Miller about “The Emoji Movie” in May. This time, as the interview began, Miller asked for everyone else to leave the room, including the publicity team. He turned the conversation to the current political landscape and the obligation he believes Hollywood has to oppose the current administration.
>It seems the cast of “Silicon Valley,” in Miller’s estimation, failed to live up to this obligation. Just before the 2016 presidential election, he told HuffPost, he spoke with the show’s cast about the campaign. “I asked, ‘How much money did you donate, you Hollywood elites, how much did you donate to Hillary Clinton’s campaign?’ And everybody in the cast said nothing. They hadn’t given a dollar,” he said. “What did they think was going to happen? How had they not joined a fight that they had such strong opinions about?” He noted that despite “not even really being a fan of hers,” he donated the maximum amount permitted to her campaign.
>The decision to leave “Silicon Valley,” Miller suggested, freed him up to resist President Trump in other ways. “My position [to oppose the Trump administration] became more powerful when I left ‘Silicon Valley,’” he said. “I had more control over the content, the time, the schedule, the everything.” Even “The Emoji Movie,” he argued, was a meaningful step toward encouraging younger audiences to “understand and adopt progressive values.”
>As Leondis is gay, he connected to Gene's plight of "being different in a world that expects you to be one thing" and in eventually realizing that the feeling held true for most people, Leondis has said the film "was very personal."

It's gonna be super deep, you guys!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9Bt0D
youtube.com/watch?v=coplvlOBWaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gotta post that source, OP.

It's actually legit, Google TJ miller, it's up on huffpost
This isn't surprising though, Miller's whole gimmick has been guy who acts like a douchebag who thinks he's better than other douchebag because he's political

For real this sounds like BS

Fine:

archive.is/9Bt0D

I take it back, What a retard. Didnt he beat an Uber driver?

In a race?

Oh, man, Trump's gonna tweet about this movie, isn't he? He won't be able to resist once he hears about this. And then on top of how horrible the movie is ALREADY, it's going to get dragged into the fuckfest that is current American politics. Dear God, imagine the disaster that awaits.

Who cares? He doesn't get to decide what his character says in the movie.

Good for him.

The movie still looks like shit.

Yeah, he's literally just a liberal frat boy

I like Miller's candor to throw his former castmates under the political tour bus and implicate them for not doing enough to #Resist. Makes me wonder how much of his pay for @EmojiMovie went to #ImWithHer and other orgs.

I can almost see Sony being so desperate for reserve ticket sales that they're going to start shilling the film as a political thinkpiece. Too bad it's anti-Smurf, and therefore anti-Communist.

Haha nah he did it like a real man, with his fists. Probably, I dont know.

>I like Miller's candor to throw his former castmates under the political tour bus and implicate them for not doing enough to #Resist.

It's kind of fucked up how the article goes into detailed speculation as to who didn't cough up the funds. Like that would have made a difference in Hillary's billion dollar, media-stacked, and heavily celebrity endorsed campaign:

"Miller didn’t name any specific cast members who were present for this conversation. Middleditch and Amanda Crew (VC executive Monica Hall) are Canadian, though both currently live in California. FEC law prohibits foreign nationals from making any political contributions; however, there is an exception for immigrants with green cards. We confirmed that Miller did indeed donate the max, and according to the Center for Responsive Politics, cast members including Middleditch, Crew, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr and Zach Woods were not listed as donors. Representatives for those actors did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment."

That's creepy.

Oh god, OP baited us into ignoring the rest of the interview:

>[...W]hy did you want to do “The Emoji Movie”?

>Why not? How rare is it that we get an opportunity to do an original property, right? Those are the projects that I’m drawn to. “Office Christmas Party,” “She’s Out of My League.”[...] I think this was an opportunity to do something that is new[...]

>And it was an opportunity to satirize this “meh” hipster mentality of like, “I’m cynical, whatever, like, yeah, I saw it, it was like, whateverrr, it was OK, I guess.” And that is passé. [...T]he cynicism, the irony, the “what if I was really actually trying to make a great scene in a movie.” That’s done. That has been for a while. So this was an opportunity to do something optimistic, positivistic and you know, we have very few weapons in the current administration, and one of them is to target a younger demographic and try and help them understand and adopt progressive values.

>So the movie has a lot to say to women, and how they have limitless potential, and one of the characters literally breaks through a glass ceiling. And you’ve got a guy who wants to be what everybody wants him to be, but his malfunction is that he expresses himself[...W]e’re trying to say that the best you is not the you that you’re doing for everyone else, but the authentic you.

>And there’s themes of ― I found it very interesting that High-Five cares about fandom and followers more than friendship. [...]I play a lot of characters who don’t have any friends[...] So to have one friend would be much more important than having 1,100 Instagram followers. The boy in real life was sort of telling kids, “Yes, use emojis, text, be in your smartphones, but also maybe take a break and actually talk to somebody and actually have that interaction.” So there’s a million things we’re trying to tell the audience, and I wanted to fuck with that.[...] Satire is important, but so is children’s cinema.

Hey y'all, you need to give even more of your money and time to a billionaire candidate paid off by Wall Street who controls the entirety of the Main Stream Media! Because she, of all people, needs our help!!

Fuck off, TJ. Feel free to hate Trump, but don't pin the blame on the lack of enthusiasm for a candidate that courted Wall Street instead of making a single stop in Wisconsin. Find a better underdog to get behind.

I'm so fucking done with all these liberal faggots. Especially Hollywood liberal faggots. Just make a movie and shut up about your politics already.

>What did they think was going to happen? How had they not joined a fight that they had such strong opinions about?

I mean he's right even if you hate everything he believes.

If you spout bullshit about supporting something and do nothing about it you're a piece of shit.

>shitpost: the movie
>guy goes to talk about it to a "journalist"
>oh nevermind it's just the huff
>we gotta set the stage with real life problems like politics first
>now our shit ain't lookin so stinky, eh world?

I swear to god, i dont even like trump, but these sjw dyke retard vermin are even worse. Heres to hoping shilary bitchton gets shot before years end.

>So the movie has a lot to say to women, and how they have limitless potential, and one of the characters literally breaks through a glass ceiling.

Oh geez, it's even worse.

So, to try and save the Emoji Movie from utter failure and possibly his career, he's bringing in volatile politics to this already flaming dumpster fire of a movie through interviews? The week this movie will come out is just gonna be a shitstorm.

Can't wait.

But seriously, just admit this movie was just a fucking cash grab created by a bunch of execs who are out of touch with most of humanity, and concocted this idea in some sort of cocaine filled orgy in a conference room. Why would anyone soapbox on this movie and elevate it to something other than what it is?

>help them understand and adopt progressive values

More like brainwash our children into becoming transgender queer atheist government suckers who promote LGBT values and terrorists flooding our country. I don't understand it.

Another good reason to boycott this flick.

Reminds me of that PSA about there not being enough girl emojis.

You better believe that Trump will attack this. He needs to support the Russian version.

youtube.com/watch?v=coplvlOBWaQ

>be yourself
>fighting the current administration and adopting progressive ideals

What the fuck is wrong with these people? They're not even doing anything and yet patting themselves on the back as saviors of future generations.

>trying to frame the movie as some kind of political piece

oh my fuck

this train wreck just keeps getting bigger and bigger

This is the idiot that is going to make it look like Trump supporters are right...

>transgender
Not wrong
>queer
Not wrong
>atheist
Not wrong
>government suckers
Thats wrong
>who promote LGBT values
Thats not wring either. Christ, you conservacucks are almost as bad and bigoted as liberal dykes
>and terrorists flooding our country.
Muslims are homophobic trash just like you, you should be getting along

Yup.

screencap this

Emoji Movie will break boxoffice records mouseketeers can only dream about

It will be a critical success

And all because it was mediocre

^This

I have a better prediction: At least 227 non-professional reviewers and 11 professional critics will review this film utilizing nothing but emojis because they'll think they were the first and/or only person to come up with that idea.

Are you saying he's not wrong or those things are not "wrong"?

Don't you mean all because it was meh?

i hate how right you are

THE DARKEST DAYS, coMRADES

I don't know why people will think it'll be a huge failure. Dumb family movies like this are usually a success. Those fucking Smurfs movies keep making money, and are also released by Sony.

Im saying those things are not wrong

No, worse. It will make back just enough profit for Sony to justify it's very own existence to the company's shareholders and overseas owner. Probably through product placement.

I hope they use a lot of poo emojis.

>children don’t deserve to laugh as much as adults because they’re not aware of their own mortality.
What the fuck

>politicizing a movie about sentient fucking emojis

Because, we like to hope children arent even this stupid to see something so gloriously retarded. But they will probably prove us wrong, singlehandidly destroy the last few onces of faith in humanity, and then well need to gentically engineer a super virus to kill this shit race off for good.

>Because, we like to hope children arent even this stupid to see something so gloriously retarded

In my experience it's usually not the children who want to see it. It's their parents who want "something fun for the whole family" that fill the theaters.

>Emoji Movie will break boxoffice records mouseketeers can only dream about
There's being optimistic and there is this.

I feel the same way. I don't care for Trump at all and I'd rather have Pence as president instead, but it's pathetic how this guy feels the need to shove his far-leftist politics into a movie about fucking emojis of all things. Why is it so hard for Hollywood liberals to make decent, apolitical movies?

>being islamophobic
And you are no different than a conservatard.

This. What's even worse is that their children growing up will spread the stupidity even longer by watching nothing more than whatever kids movie is on screen.

>b-b-but why didn't you give Hillary more money, she surely would've won then
What a fucking faggot

Because there is no actual political shit on the actual movie. This is just a last ditch effort to save this cash cow from getting bad reviews.

Filthy muslim faggots should all be gassed for being the prudish god loving homophobic rapist scum they are

Oh, well then.

How exactly can someone be Transgender, if gender is a social construct?

How do you transition from something that doesn't exist, to something that also doesn't exist?

There is EVERYTHING wrong with being transexual, though.

That guy has such a punchable face.

Sony is going to blame this movie's failure on people disagreeing with their politics just like they did with Ghostbusters, and not because, you know, it's a shitty movie with a terrible premise.

and it's been proven a successful tactic a few times already.

>There is EVERYTHING wrong with being transexual, though.
Kill yourself you bigoted faggot

Se also: Mad Max Fury Road. Anita's whining against it couldn't stop it.

Why don't you fuckers keep this on this guy's ludicrous belief a movie about fucking emojiis is the best place to air his political views instead of actually arguing about those views?

>to fight off trump the best brains on the left came up with the emoji movie

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>trying to shame fucking actors for not donating to the campaign of your candidate
what the fuck is going on in your country, burgers?

Oh boy, is it going to be as deep as sausage party?

It's astounding the degree to which the American left is in utter disarray. At least the mainstream left. The Republicans are fucking around but at least they're actually in power, the Democrats and their allies just seem to have been totally destroyed by the last election.

>what the fuck is going on in your country
Hollywood

You should have seen the blame game after the Georgia special election. Hollywood pumped tens of millions into the Democrat candidate. And lost.

They'd been pushing President Hillary for DECADES. Convinced themselves all she had to do was run. A forgone conclusion. A situation in which she lost wasn't even possible in there minds.

So now they don't know what to do. Confronted with the unknown.

Progressives genuinely believe that politics has become a life or death situation and that people who do not toe their line are literal nazis. So to prove that they're the good guys, they employ fascist tactics in order to win public support through fear.

What country do you live in where you don't see this happen, I'm curious because I thought most of the western world had already fallen to this menace.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the days when politics are treated like sports teams again instead of a war.

Clinton spent more money on her campaign than any candidate in our country's history. Throwing more money on the pile wasn't going to help anything. She was the wrong candidate, but she was the one the oligarchs who run the DNC wanted in office. With Bernie Sanders they would have had to make serious changes and he'd cut in to their bottom line.

The Democrats would rather be rich and lose than give up even two percent of what they make and win.

What's even more incredible is that in polls taken this week, Clinton is STILL less popular than Trump.

Worst presidential candidate ever, spent more money than any candidate ever.

>He turned the conversation to the current political landscape and the obligation he believes Hollywood has to oppose the current administration.

Wow, an overgrown crybaby fuck.

>If you spout bullshit about supporting something and do nothing about it you're a piece of shit.
>Pay with your wallet
If you voted, you did something about it. You did the only tangible thing that mattered.

People trying to shame others for "not doing enough" is destroying politics in this country. If you're left-wing, you can never be left-wing enough for these people.

Hungary
There is some fucked up shit here, too, but our politics luckily aren't dominated by two parties

> tranny telling someone else to kill themselves
Isn't that your job, though? Get off Sup Forums and go tend to your Danny Phantom OCs.

>our politics luckily aren't dominated by two parties

Doesn't Fidesz hold more seats than every other party combined with 57% of the total seats on the national assembly? By the looks of it you have a single party domination.

>Isn't that your job, though?
lol'd

>children don’t deserve to laugh as much as adults because they’re not aware of their own mortality.

>"Flat tax" is fair

Hahaha what a fucking moron.

What a "weasel"!

To be fair, Bernie also spent more than her on his campaign when they were up against each other for the chair

"Emoji Movie Sparks a Second Civil War"

Goddamn, where the fuck is this shit posted?

Him bitching on Twitter will probably boost ticket sales so I'd rather he keep his gob shut for once.

This movie needs to fail.

Sup Forums please go away.