Beast Wars and overall Transformers timeline?

I'm one of those 90's kids who watched and loved this show back in them.

I suddenly remembered it only to find out I'm utterly confused of where in the timeline this takes place.

So Maximals and Predacons wage war in the prehistoric earth as we see dinosaurs and cavemen but then Megatron finds the corpse of the G1 Optimus Prime and... "re-killing" it starts changing their present in the prehistoric earth?
G1 Starscream appearing doesn't help make things any clear.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_SkDaL_jO2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The transformers are from the future but time travelled to earths past.

Autobots are ancestors of Maximals.

In the first episode, they go through a time warp that takes them back to prehistoric Earth. They're from a time long after Optimus defeats Megatron.

Starscream's ghost also went back in time, because it's a robot ghost and can do that.

How does the corpse of G1 Optimus fit in here then?
I've read the Transformers wiki and still can't make heads or tails of it and I'm that stupid to get plots.

The future Autbots deactivated there, to be reawaken later.

Megatron merged with old megatron to become a dragon bot.

F

Transformers continuity is fucked beyond repair. Even their attempts to create a unified timeline fail. It's best not to think too hard about it.

In the first episode of the G1 cartoon the decepticons and autobots engaged in a space battle above prehistoric earth. Both ships crashed and all the transformers went into emergency stasis for four million years before waking up in 1984, and thus began the great war.

The predacons and maximals of Beast Wars, in their first episode fell into a time warp and ended up on Earth some time during the four million years that the autobots and decepticons were in stasis.

but they've never tried to make a unified timeline

What's that bottom picture from?

They did. There's one and not one.

Transformer would benefit from Hypertime or collections of earths IMO.

G1-BW-BM TIMELINE:

- G1 bots crash on Earth and fall into robo-comas
- BW bots arrive from the future
- Starscream's ghost arrives from the future
- Starscream's ghost leaves
- BW bots fight over the wellbeing of the comatose G1 bots
- Maximals win, return to future
- G1 bots wake up
- Starscream dies, ghost goes to the past
- Starscream's ghost returns from the past
- Autobots win
- Autobots and Decepticons are phased out
in favour of Maximals and Predacons
- BW bots go to the past
- BW arrive from the past
- Beast Machines happens

This.

In the Japanese alternate G1 universe, the Predacon ship computer was an artificial intelligence that temporarily got her own body in some comics

Due to the nature of the Transformers multiverse, there are only a handful of actual cross-series timelines, and most are simple and easy to follow. The exception is the Japanese G1 timeline, which they love to just throw everything into and make it work with crazy explanations.

Everything else is just alternate universes. Technically, the universe that the BW cartoon happens in is a different universe that the G1 cartoon happens in. The BW universe just had similar G1 events in its timeline.

yeah the term is 'broad strokes' and i dig it. it lets you use continuity without getting choked by it.. especially since g1 fucked itself up multiple times.
apparently early on, it was like star trek TNG or new doctor who, where they were leaving any links to other series vague intentionally, in case it didnt work out and wasnt seen as a good connection..
but then once it turned out to be good, they decided to solidify the connections.. even though they just got done proving why they don't need them. I still approve of it

If i remember correctly, there were a ton of BW callbacks in the IDW comics, like damage to the Ark being present from battles during the BW show.

Flamewar is such a hottie.

The main series IDW comics have nothing to do with the events, timeline, or universe of Beast Wars, so it wouldn't be a callback. More like an homage, if it ever actually happened. Also, that series has about five billion Arks. Basically, I think you're full of shit.

Loose canon.

Everything officially released is canon to the TF multiverse.

>There are six "main" universal clusters:
Primax — the Generation 1 continuity family.
Viron — the 2001 Robots in Disguise continuity family, a small cluster in which Optimus Prime's Autobots combat Megatron's Predacons.
Aurex — the Unicron Trilogy continuity family.
Tyran — the live-action movie continuity family.
Malgus — the Animated continuity family.
Uniend — the Aligned continuity family.
>Other minor clusters include:
Fornax — the Kre-O continuity family.
Iocus — a cluster essentially made up of overlapping aspects of other clusters, it is home to forgettable side-merchandise like Hero Mashers, Bot Shots, Construct-Bots, Battle Masters, and Attacktix.
Quadwal — the "real world", in which Transformers exist primarily as toys.
Yayayarst — the Go-Bots continuity family, home to the Go-Bots of Botropolis.
>Clusters in the farthest reaches of the multiverse only tenuously connected to the Transformers include:
Cymond — the continuity family of various TakaraTomy non-Transformers franchises, right on the border between the Multiverse and the wider Megaverse.
Gargent — the GoBots continuity family, home to the Guardians and Renegades of Gobotron.
Lukas — the Star Wars Transformers continuity family, where the Jedi battle the Sith using transforming mecha.
Rovio — the Angry Birds Transformers continuity family.
Xobitor — the Robotix continuity family.

>Each universal stream's name consists of three parts, beginning with the continuity family of origin, a number that indicates the "real world" date of creation, and a Greek letter that denotes the form of media.
Alpha — animated series
Beta — tech spec/toy/pack-in comic only ("box")
Gamma — comic book series
Delta — motion picture/live action
Epsilon — club/convention fiction
Zeta — text stories, storybooks, and other prose works (printed)
Eta — radio/audiocentric universes, books on tape
Theta — live performance/spoken word
Iota — Internet-only information (not involved with club/convention)
Kappa — games (video and otherwise)
Lambda — covers, still images, and advertisements

>So, for example, Primax 984.17 Alpha refers to the continuity of the original Generation 1 cartoon, with "Primax" referring to the Generation 1 continuity family, "984.17" indicating the first episode's airdate of September 17, 1984, and "Alpha" denoting an animated series.

That's not what I meant. Some shows only loosely connect.

Beast machines uses parts of Beast wars and bits of g1.

Other shows do this too.

>Beast machines uses parts of Beast wars and bits of g1.
...yes?
If Beast Machines is a sequel to Beast Wars, and Beast Wars is a sequel to G1, then Beast Machines is connected to G1.
I don't understand how you think this is, in any way, some sort of discussion point that needed to be said.

I have decided to completely ignore all transformers comics forever and view all the movies and cartoons into their own universes and anything attempting to connect them is a "reference".

I feel like it's much simpler this way.

that's how it already works

Did you think Airachnid being in IDW connected it to the Prime cartoon or something

because it didn't

Implying BW Megatron wasn't best Megatron
youtube.com/watch?v=_SkDaL_jO2M

>video stretched from its original aspect ratio

Yes. This form pleases me

Tigatron really is the most underrated Maximal

All of that sounds unwieldy and hyper autistic. Who came up with this shit? TFWiki.net? The Fan Club magazine? Ask Vector Prime?

wtf

Didio said no. Take your chill pills child.