Spawn movie announcement on Comic Con soon

Todd boy finally got what he wanted for so long.

Someone was dumb enough to fund a fledgling director and editor for this movie? That is not smart. Look what happened with The Spirit. This is not going to end well at all. Love Todd for sticking to his guns, but this is going to flop.

He was adamant about he himself directing. We're gonna see if someone was crazy enough to be ok with that.
I do hope it does well, mainly because he wants to make a cape horror movie and that's different.

Todd can direct, unlike Miller. Miller directed a god-awful Robocop movie before The Spirit, while Todd has directed multiple amazing music videos, some that even won Grammy awards.

a 10-million dollar horror movie with Spawn with Twitch can work just fine directed by Todd.

the movies been announced multiple times for years now
something might actually happen this time though

Directing a music video is hardly the same as directing a film

>No more elder-god tier bad CGI to die laughing at

This.
I am not disrespected Todd, he is a genius for what he has done, if not a bit full of himself and a shitty writer, but directing a movie is nothing like a music video or paneling a comic.

Its eerie how Spawn still gets talked about despite being irrelevant since the 90s. Hell his book is still printing and no one gives a shit

Same with Savage Dragon. Both are kind of shit and irrelevant, have horrible numbers yet they keep shilling it all over the place.

No, but lots of great directors started doing music videos. It's a much better filmography than Miller.

I've only ever seen the cartoon, the comics never grabbed me and I heard the movie was awful. And yet, after all these years, I do still think it's a neat concept.

Fair enough. I just do not think Todd, especially with the various rumors of how hard it is to work with him, is the right fit for someone to direct people.

The concept is solid as fuck. Also Spawn has a really good design. That alone has been enough to keep him around all these years.

agree that the general plot and design of Spawn is top tier. easily top 3.

It really should've ended at #50.

>rumors of how hard it is to work with him
Is it a rumor if it's self admitted? I think it was back in his Comics Journal interview where he said he would never hire a writer to work with because he would just regulate them to scripting his plots because he didn't want a collaborator, even Capullo was their at first just for deadlines since Todd was inking over him.

>Also Spawn has a really good design. That alone has been enough to keep him around all these years.

>Spiderman+Dr.Strange= great design
Interesting.

Maybe he realized he doesn't want to be the director

>his Comics Journal interview
That was literally 25 years ago. He has since worked with tons of writers. Him putting Bendis on Sam & Twitch gave him his big break.

Spawn is unironically one of the better cape comics nowadays.

No bullshit reboots and issue #1's every 12 months.
No wiping the old canon.
No events that ruin everyone else's storyline and hold them hostage.

It's not like the comic is always good. Sometimes it's either crap, or dragging it's feet going nowhere. But the times it's gotten great were pretty stellar. It especially got good after issue 101/110 area. (I actually found Angel Medina's artwork worked well with the inker/color artist they used).

Worked for Deadpool.
>Deathstroke + Spawn