Why is "gross" stuff no longer a staple of kids cartoons like it was in the 90s?

Why is "gross" stuff no longer a staple of kids cartoons like it was in the 90s?

Because the 90's overused it and everybody is trying to steer as far away from it as a result.

gross-out humor got saturated from all the overuse. It was everywhere in the 00's up to the point where it just stopped being funny and was just gross. See: pic related.

I mean, at one point fucking Spongebob was doing it. That's when you know it's too much, and its usage really depends in the cartoon. Ren and Stimpy it worked fine because it had that kind of humor established from the beginning and its artstyle complemented it. Shit like that doesn't fly in Spongebob.

seems like everyone is trying to bring back the 90s now with all these reboots

Squidwards toenail

Forgot pic.
Yeah, you try to justify this shit's existance.

Squidward's Toenail

Because nobody really liked it. Who looked at that picture and laughed?

Because people are now PC faggots that hate anything that doesnt look "clean" and "pretty"

TTG and newer spongebob uses it all the time

Who would've guessed the namefag would have shit opinions

>remember when cartoons use to suck in slightly different ways than they do today?

This. I don't care how well it was animated, it's not funny and I don't even want to look at it.

Cause you got idiots in the cartoon fandom that literal gets shocked and affected if a main character says "kill" or "died".

Because nobody liked that shit? It was never funny. Kinda like how a bunch of "horror" flicks aren't scary and are just gross.

>Sup Forums hates Family Guy for gore and grossness
>loves Ren and Stimpy
hmm. makes you think

Sensibilities have changed
/thread

Because kids grew past that shit.

Family guy was much better written and had more quality and consistent animation.

>/threading your own post
Please look in the mirror and see what you've become.

Because people eat while watching and don't want to lose their appetite.

speak for yourself, I've hated R&S ever since I was a kid, and I'm one of those people always finding an excuse to mock John K

Suck anitas bloated labia you sjw apologist

It's a good show. Prove me wrong.

I miss Flapjack

Now that show was good.

Because gross out humor is shit.

Funny but this rings very true. I remember growing up watching shows like Ren & Stimpy with my family in the TV room. It was very popular at the time. We always ate meals during dinner time away from the TV.

These days I prefer to eat while watching a show and something this gross would make me lose my appetite.

flapjack tried to be more disturbing than gross

This. When Flapjack was gross, it was less because it was trying for a straightforward gross-out and more because the grossness served to further the sense of unease and discomfort you felt from the general direction of the story. Flapjack was fucking masterful at making you horrified. What a great show.

Disturbing humor is way funnier for some reason. I can't explain why but it just is. Maybe it's because it has the same shock value without making you want to change the channel.

Pic related is one of the best examples I can think of. It gives me the fucking creeps but I lose my shit whenever that scene happens.

because Sup Forums is full of pussies ever since the spongebob toenail scene

>Saving YouTube images

The episode where Squidward gets all muscular killed me.

More often than not its some low level comedy. Like little kid version of Family Guy and its shock humor.