Toffee is alive and connected to Eclipsa and here's why

Toffee is alive and connected to Eclipsa and here's why.

1. The Movie made an extra effort to not namedrop his in front of Eclipsa.

2. Main quirk of Eclipsa is that she's obsessed with sweets and candies while Toffee's name is always played out as something wierd and not fit for his character when others react to it.

3. Nefcy said he is like Magneto but he hasn't yet shown anything related to him which mean that he need to appear at least in the flasbacks to explain his motivations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hr4knvNNgtU&t=53s
behance.net/gallery/54379453/Star-vs-the-Forces-of-Evil-Fan-Posters-Season-1
youtube.com/watch?v=nEF5D4Js7dI
youtube.com/watch?v=M6SqmTHg1xw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How to do get around the fact that the deal requires Toffee to be dead for Eclipsa to be free?

she didn't know that it was to kill toffee

Eclipsa use dark magic = she can use necromancy to ressurect him.

What if Toffee gets better?

Nope. Toffee is dead. Cry some more Toffeecuck.

What the fuck are you talking about?

God. These summer children

did Toffeefags really expect him to be Lex Luthor?

haven't multiple people working on the show said he's dead

So Janna will ressurect Toffee

>Nefcy said he is like Magneto but he hasn't yet shown anything related to him

Assuming he really is DEAD-dead and stays dead, it's always possible Nefcy just had her own idea of the character that eventually the other writers never really utilized and that can only be maybe assumed in the show itself through the vaguest of implications (didn't want to go along with the peace treaty), but that she still considers a thing because she apparently was the one who created the character.

I mean if they can make the larger plot more coherent/interconnected than it seems to be right now then that'd be great, but I'm already expecting him to just be dead. I really get the feeling that the apparent connections to Eclipsa may turn out to be coincidental on the writers' part, or at most deliberate misdirection (turns out they're only connected because of her spell).

There is how he knows about her chapter but even then that could just be "he did his homework."

>I really get the feeling that the apparent connections to Eclipsa may turn out to be coincidental on the writers' part, or at most deliberate misdirection (turns out they're only connected because of her spell).

I don't think this is the last we'll see of Toffee, but if Toffee really is dead, he'll probably mainly show up in flashbacks, like him usurping the monster army, or his (or his family's) conflicts with the Avarius clan (the book mentioned there being a treaty between their clans, implying there was a conflicts of sorts.)

>Toffeefags are that desperate
I mean, I understand. He died like a bitch, but come on.

Nice bait.

If Toffee comea back I hope he turns into some kind of magic goo Eldritch abomination insteqd of reemaining a lizard

I know exactly how you feel
youtube.com/watch?v=hr4knvNNgtU&t=53s

1-2. Reaching much? I mean, yes, this may actually mean something, but most likely it doesn't. Also, I don't remember if he was referred to as Toffee in the flashback, but I do remember that he was primarily known as "The Lizard". Maybe he took the name Toffee later?

3. He wants to destroy Mewmans/Butterflys so that they can no longer oppress monsters. Just like Magneto wanted to destroy humans so that they can no longer "oppress" mutants. That's it. That's all you need to know, and the movie showed it. There is no need for a flashback, really. Wouldn't be surprised if they make one anyway, though.

Toffee is dead.
BUT his species can come back from death.
So the deal went through and shit, but Toffee can still regenerate.
Like Rasticore here (who is taking months to regenerate).

He was referred to as Toffee in the flashbacks actually, he requested Moon to call him that.

wtf i love pollution now

If "He's dead, but he can regenerate from it" counted as actual death, then Eclipsa would have been freed the first time Toffee got blown up

Given that he literally was made of Star's corrupted magic, it gives an out if they want to bring him back. Some of that magic remained/Eclipsa can corrupt Star's magic and bring Toffee back, etc.

As is, Toffee's very much dead-dead. But the circumstances are such that he can be brought back (most likely through Eclipsa corrupting Star's magic or something).

Making Toffee form his new body out of Star's corrupted magic was a smart choice by the story team. It fits with the rest of the episode and what we'd been learning, and also handles the "MARCO IS SUPER HUMAN NOW WTF" bit (he's not, Toffee's just less durable in that form, even to Toffee's own surprise) and the "yea but Toffee can just regenerate from Star's blast" (which he can't, because his new goop body doesn't have the same abilities as his real body).

> Goop body doesn't regenerate

but they gave us a specific shot of it regenerating from Marco's punch

Fresh OC

What if Eclipsa is so awful they have to resort to resurrecting Toffee to refreeze her?

tovfefe

That was more filling in a hole. I meant regenerate in the same way that Toffee grew back his arm with his original body.

I think you're being a bit silly here, it's pretty obvious he could still regenerate

>"MARCO IS SUPER HUMAN NOW WTF"
But Marco displaying superhuman feats (by real life human standards) isn't new. He chopped off Tom's hand (unless Tom just has shit tier durability), very easily caught a built adult with just two fingers, consistently schools monsters, broke chains with a kick, ran at 53 mph, did that flip into a kick that hit the ground & was perfectly fine (bon bon), his RWS self put out fire from metres away with a sword swing, etc.
Marco's got something going on and, since the karate episodes seem to make a point about him underestimating his ability in at least Banagic & Red Belt, it's probably that he's just this good when self doubts not clouding his mind.

>ressurect toffee
>they have to put him on a leash to keep him from walking away

Rasticor or whats his face got toally destroyed/killed but he's gonna get well again.

Toffster got baked and crushed but parts of him survived (eyeball, potentially something else under all that rock). So yeah, it ain't an impossible thing for him to be back on track, especially with the aid of the Choco Queen.

How was it a bad deal? She got the hax spell, used it to win the war and managed to find a loophole to avoid fulfilling her end of the deal for over 20 years.

>chemical pollution is a sassy gay man
This cartoon was ahead of time with its social commentary

Toffee's dead and he's not coming back.

Give up and join Team Birb.

I guess more-superhuman in the context of the show.

In the movie, he was unable to break the chains holding Star and hurt his hand on them.

I think that Marco's definitely superhumanly strong by our standards, but in-verse he's not as much (or at least being that strong/etc. isn't super uncommon).

Anyways, my point was mostly in light of people going "WOAH MARCO JUST PUNCHED STRAIGHT THROUGH A MONSTER THAT'S CRAZY" when in reality there were mitigating circumstances

besides, the point of the scene is to show how badly Marco was affected since he thought Toffee had basically killed Star, and it was still powerful (also glad no words are spoken during it)

funny because EVERY storyboard when asked , say very cleary that toffe is in fact DEAD.

its a cartoon playing by cartoon logic, they going to show marco Punching an elephant for the sake of comedy but be hit down to a 8 years old in karate.

T-they lying t-to us

Is Star currently the most bloodthirsty character on Disney and Cartoon Network?

She has always been

Or maybe user is lying.

Died as he lived, like a bitch.

When hasn't she?

They're Better than Ludofags at least.

>yfw Marco survived getting hurled by Toffee, crashing on a slab of stone enough for it to crack and be completely fine afterward after losing consciousness for a bit
Cape fucking when?

E lipcs will ressurect her husband, fool!

This autism about Toffee and Eclipsa needs to die. Its getting as bad as the "Jackie is a mermaid" shit

Cartoon physics, do you know of them?

YOU'RE CARTOON PHYSICS!

Autism doesn't die. It's like conspiracy thinking. The more reality tries to intrude the more elaborate the theory becomes.

Reminder that Giancarlo Volpe wanted Toffee alive for Season 3, but this got in the way of what Nefcy wanted so she laughed at him for even entertaining the idea in front of his bosses, and he was mysteriously removed from the show and Disney to "start a new project".

Season 1 posters when we were much more innocent: behance.net/gallery/54379453/Star-vs-the-Forces-of-Evil-Fan-Posters-Season-1

Except they didnt, no proofs

Except its a very legitimate theory you stupid fuck

Toffee is probably Eclipsa's son

as soon as she find out Star killed him shit will go down

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Can't wait when they confirm Toffee is just some faggot who just got too big for his britches and got what was coming to him, getting shit on by the people he despised and planned years against.

Isn't Rasticore still regenerating?
What happens if Toffee's eye gets caught up in that?

>yfw toffee is one of eclipsa's mongrel descendants with the big guy
>he was actually after the crown as he felt he had part of the right to be king as any pure blood butterfly

>yfw he was just a cuck that got bullied by the Butterflies in his lizardhole
>this is why he chimped out

HOLD UP
do you think young Moon had trouble sharing her toys?

She doesn't.

>do you think young Moon had trouble sharing her toys?
Adult Moon doesn't mind

>River acts like Moon and Star are going on a bachelorette party and packs a bunch of unnecessary knick-knacks reminding Moon that she's married to River (her husband)
>goes off and fucks birds in his free time

There would be no motive otherwise. Also she will release other monsters from crystal prison

Legitimate how? All I see are retards who treat their fanfiction as plausible theory.

There's nothing to link the two, nothing except some retard who assumed Elipsa loves sweets because she wanted a candy bar from a vending machine she was forced to look at for over three hundred years. You have no real ground for the theory, nothing, no evidence, just pure autistic conjecture in a feeble attempt to try to save Toffee's character

Well most fanfics have moon cuckong river with a lizard

>I desperately need the character I invested too much interest in to be alive
Sorry kid, find something else to schlick to

Go jerk off to SU faggot, you can only do that

Johansen STRONK

If you think they are not connected then you are dumb like brick. Did she really need to ask for a toffee candy bar for you to get it? Even Nefcy has some respect for her audiemce.

With Star's personality, how likely is it we get a Anakin/Palpatine scenario with Eclipsa and her?

Are they ever going to tie up the Princess School Butterfly Warden and Marco Tentacle loose ends?

>to ask for a toffee candy bar
When you come to America actually eat a Snickers bar, it doesn't fucking have toffee in it

>definitely lost some respect towards her mother as "queen" because she opted not to confront Toffee
>teaser implies that Star is pretty much siding with Eclipsa being set free (mostly because that's what Moon and Eclipsa's contract was about)
Very. Dark Star soon.

The tentacle impregnates Heinous

In the character commentary they did a few days ago, Marco says that punching Toffee was like punching through goop.

Toffee could have just been like Magneto in the sense that Magneto lead a more violent group of mutants. Not necessarily with the whole 'holocaust backstory' thing.

Also;

>SU has gems that can reform constantly and even when they're shattered they're still 'alive' and with Steven's magic can probably be brought back to life (at least that's what the series seems to be heading towards)

>Toffee and his species can constantly reform from tiny pieces of themselves and with magic can probably be brought back to life

This trait particularly bugs me because it makes death (at least in regards to the species in question) and its consequences virtually nonexistent/invalidates all the effort required to actually get rid of a character. At least with Toffee being a villain it makes him more menacing, but you know for a fact that regardless of what the writers say, there's always a chance of them bringing him back to life for whatever reason.

You can say that with most magic series, but at least a lot of them permanently kill off characters with no way of bringing them back (except for giant asspull power of friendship shit).
This regeneration trait just makes things tedious because instead of feeling satisfied you're always waiting for that moment where they're dragged back into the series.

People who are upset over Toffee are not necessarily Toffeefags.

What is off-putting about Toffee's death is that, after all the build-up associated with him through seasons 1 and 2, this death in season 3 is very underwhelming.

If Toffee is dead with no further impact on the story, then the effective build-up through seasons 1 and 2 was solely for releasing Eclipsa.

If the whole point of this was to release Eclipsa, better planning ahead would have introduced Eclipsa earlier and just killed off Toffee at the end of season 1. Most of season 2 immediately becomes pointless.

This is why people want there to be more of a connection between Toffee and Eclipsa than just the contract of release, and why some also hope for Toffee to come back to life at some point. They want the build-up in seasons 1 and 2 to mean something. Otherwise, a lot of it ends up feeling like a waste of time.

>OH GOD MY FUCK-AWFUL MOONFEE SHIP IS SUNK HELP ME LORDS OF DENIAL

Nobody cares about your feelings.

>If the whole point of this was to release Eclipsa, better planning ahead would have introduced Eclipsa earlier and just killed off Toffee at the end of season 1. Most of season 2 immediately becomes pointless.

Nope and nope. Have fun showrunning your next season of Pooh's Adventures of Star Vs.

This is still my favourite BGM in the series
youtube.com/watch?v=nEF5D4Js7dI

And american toffee and British toffee are completely different. Snookers was just a parody of Snickers which had no fucking toffee and any retard who paid attention to the dialogue would notice that Eclipsa had an obsession with the vending machine, not sweets

Ahh, not so fast Marco. You heard your mom, we’ve got adventures to go on Marco. Just you and me, and sometimes Janna, and sometimes Tom, but NEVER Jackie! You wanna know why Marco? Because she CROSSED me.
OK, take it easy, Star! Th-that's dark.
Oh it gets darker Marco... Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures. First thing that’s different, no more Jackie, Marco. She threatened to be your boyfriend, so I made her and the rest of your harem go away...
Ohhh fuck...
I repla-burp-ced them both as your defacto-boyfriend, Oh man... Your mom wouldn’t have accepted me if I came home without you and Janna. So now you know the REAL reason I rescued you.
Ohhhh-woah...
I JUST TOOK OVER THE FAMILY MARCO!
Oh man.
And if you tell your mom or dad I said any of this, I’ll DENY it. You'll deny it... And they’ll take my side, because I’m a hero, Marco. And now you’re gonna have to do whatever I say, Marco, FOREVER! A-and I-I’ll go out and find some more of that Captain Blanche's Sugar Seeds, Marco.
Wh-what are you talking about?
Because that’s, that's what this is all about Marco!
Sugar Seeds?
Th-that’s my one arm man. I’m not driven by defeating Toffee... Marco, that was FAKE! I-I’m driven by finding that, Cereal.
Cereal?
I want that Captain Blanche's Sugar Seeds, Marco.
Captain Blanche's?
That’s my series arc Marco!
What the Hell?
If it takes 9 seasons, I WANT MY CEREAL,
What're you talking about Star?
SUGAR SEEDS, MARCO!
What're you talking about?
TH-THAT’S WHAT'S GONNA TAKE US, ALL THE WAY TO THE END MARCO! SEASON, 9 MORE SEASONS MARCO!
Sugar seeds?!
9 MORE SEASONS UNTIL I GET THAT CEREAL!
What is that?!
FOR 97 MORE YEARS MARCO!
What are you talking about?!
I WANT THOSE SUGAR SEEDS MARCO!!!

This is mine, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=M6SqmTHg1xw

You have to remember that there were limits to Toffee's regeneration even with his original body. The Whispering Spell obliterated him, all that was left was a skeletal arm. He couldn't regenerate from that, he had to make a new body out of magic.
And despite that, he still wasn't considered "dead" despite being reduced to some kind of spirit haunting magic.
Now he's dead, for real. He's not coming back under his own power.

It's possible that Eclipsa or someone else resurrects him with some kind of necromancy, but he will not be the same lizard.

Canon cuckqean episode when?

Toffee being a Magneto-like figure could be explained easily enough: just spell out was pretty obvious: his main goal was eliminating magic from the universe. Because magic was the sole reason Mewmans were able to drive monsters out of their lands and force them to live in the shittiest parts of Mewni. And he was willing to fuck over anyone who crossed his path, even fellow monsters, to accomplish that goal.

There was something oddly adorable about Star freaking out over being dead.

>I built up unrealistic expectations in the hiatus hype echo chamber
>I don't acknowledge the sweeping changes and developments in the setting and characterization that occurred in Season 2 except as it related to Toffee, but I'm definitely not a Toffeefag guys
>I didn't notice that Toffee had all of two appearances in Season 2 while Eclipsa's parallels with and influence on Star were repeatedly given major focus since her introduction

>Autism: The Post

her hands should be corrupted at the bottom

I like to believe that Toffee started playing Hip to be Square moments before murdering the previous queen.

underrated post

Ya I know, I really can't pin point why though.

He didn't get "blown up" so much as inserted into the wand, just like how Star used the Whispering Spell to insert herself into the wand.

Aside from regenerating the hole Marco punched through him, Toffee's skeleton was still present. So he wasn't just made out of magic goop when he revived. Plus Star isn't made of magic goop so why would Toffee be?

>Rasticore puts Toffee's eye in his left eye socket

We see the skeleton and the suit being made of goop. Presumably the goop is of various thickness/hardness, but it's all Star's corrupted magic.

Star reforms in a different way-she literally steps out of the soup/that weird space with her body, and doesn't visibly reconstruct her body from her magic like Toffee does.

Star isn't a whiny emo and she doesn't have premonitions of Marco dying in childbirth.