During "Superior Spider-Man", Mary Jane was dating Pedro, the firefighter, right...

During "Superior Spider-Man", Mary Jane was dating Pedro, the firefighter, right? So who is this guy Ollie that came out of nowhere? Was she double-timing them?

Mary Jane is a whore

Queseda put out the word, character assassinate MJ so fans don't want her back

making her date a black mexican was their go-to, the racist bastards

She did this shit in the 70s. Casusal.

I thought she was dating Harry in the 70s

Maybe she double timed Harry and a black mexican.

Maybe Harry identifies as a black Mexcan and it just never came up

Still would've helped us realize it if he adopted some lingo: 'Ey, que paso mi negros!" or something

The problem with this tactic is that it only works if the readers aren't aware that you're doing it.
In this scenario, all it does it change the demand from "Bring back Mary Jane!" to "Bring back OUR Mary Jane!".

Marvel saw this.
Slott saw this.
So rather than try to assassinate her character even more and risk more fan backlash, Slot just flat out stopped using her.

I remember wondering if Slott changed his mind about the role MJ's new boyfriend was supposed to play. When he was introduced as Pedro, whose name, appearance and selfless heroism were a lot like Peter's, it looked liked a humorous way of showing that MJ wasn't really over Pete. Then he suddenly became Ollie and bore no resemblance to Peter, which made me think Slott decided later on that MJ really was over Pete, especially after seeing how that story ended.

Or he somehow just forgot.

Slut slut slut

that art is fucking hideous

if you consider that now we have RYW mini-series and Carlie is disappeared, the mission is totally failed. Quesada lose.

>black mexican.
Don't make me puke, blacks can never be us.

Almost as if people forgot the old books where she double dates guys.

Dates a jock then teases peter as well.

You also need to consider the time period these were written in, something people tend to forget about whenever citing old comics.
Back when these were written, being a promiscuous young lady with multiple suitors all gunning for her attention was seen as an empowerment thing.
Now it's back to being seen as a slut thing like it was in the 50's.

First of all, slut.
Second of all, that's awesome and would play really well today with non-slut shaming mentality. That and ultimately, this is the best MJ and Pete anyway. Chasing each other. Uncertainty > Certainty. Fuck the marriage.

Quesada, get off the internet.

So you think she came

No.
Part of Mephisto's little deal means that Peter and MJ will never find lasting happiness in any other relationship.
They're both destined to go through life feeling like a piece of them is missing every time they're with other lovers, and they'll never truly be complete so long as they're apart because they're canonically soulmates.

Because there needs to be a convoluted meta reason as to why Peter Parker isn't allowed to ever settle down, not just with Mary Jane, but with anybody.

His name is Pedro Olivera. So seeing as how one can't really make a diminutive form of Pedro, she did it with his surname.

Yeah, what a slut.
Not like Peter who is pursuing Bobby Morse and Veronika London at the same time.

You'd think someone in marketing would object to giving the face of the company eternal crushing depression and a blood pact with a demon.

>You also need to consider the time period these were written in, something people tend to forget about whenever citing old comics.
>Now it's back to being seen as a slut thing like it was in the 50's.
So how did you get this wrong? Before the sexual revolution it was expected and normal for teens to have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends. "Going steady" was when they only had one and parents frowned on this because it was more likely to lead to sex.

If Slott wanted to assassinate MJ he wouldn't have jumpstarted RYV

Slott is the whore.

He didn't fucking jumpstart RYV.

Marvel just really, really hates seeing white people date other white people at this point, don't they? It's like a weird fetish with them now. Shit, do any of their white characters have straight white partners at this point? Really not trying to be Sup Forums here... it'd make me feel better as a person if you told me I was off base about this and provided proof.

>giving the face of the company eternal crushing depression and a blood pact with a demon.

Have you SEEN America Chavez's comic yet? I'd say it's a pretty fucking solid analogy for them at this point.

like anybody over at Marvel gives a fuck over that continuity

get the fuck out of here with that

Thank god, Mexico is the closest thing to a fictional third world country in a Tom Clancy game.

Did that make more sense in you r head Tyrone?

Thats because Harry was a drug addict.

Pedro and Ollie are the same guy. His name is apparently Pedro Olivera, but his race changed from white Hispanic to black Hispanic somehow.

The only white Hispanics are spanish and maybe Portuguese. Mexicans are a fucked up mixing pot of Aztec rape babies. Compare the skin of a white person to a Mexican, the Mexican is insanely dark.

But that's fucking wrong. Puerto Ricans, Spaniards, Mexicans all run the levels from pale as shit to dark.

Like, I know you're saying shit just to be a racist piece of shit, but at least try a little harder.

It is true the the white people in central and South America are just Spaniards and Portuguese who have largely bred among themselves.

lmao they'll do anything to believe MJ is getting dicked down by a suave black Mexican. Oh and btw I'm black Mexican as well so everyone in this thread sounds fucking retarded.

No, Quesada just despises Mary Jane and wants to ruin her as a character.

RYV was just clickbait
>See! I totes don't hate MJ! And if you buy this book, maybe I'll bring the marriage back.
>ZIKE! I lied! I only brought my badguy back! HeeHeeHaHaHoHo!

The reason the universe still exists is because he wants it to replace MC2 and for Anime to replace Mayday. And so marriagefans stop bothering him

I'm saying this as someone who's 50% spanish. Every single Spainard in my family is pale as shit. Every mexican I've met is either light brown to dark brown.

>Mexican Peter Parker "Pedro" and "Younger Terry Crews" Ollie are actually the same guy.
What the fuck?

Anyway, MJ dumped the guy offscreen after "Superior", since she left NY and went to Chicago. And then she became Pepper Pots.

Funny how Bendis at least was intelligent enough to make clear that the MJ and Tony had a strictly professional relationship, while Slott wrote like MJ and Tony were fucking married. Shit, he made MJ say to Peter how awesome being with Tony was compared with being with Peter.

>Mexicans aren't worse than Blacks
Literally what?

Page?
It's been a long time since I 've read Spider-Man, did MJ stopped appearing? Wasn't Deadpool/Spider-Man teasing an undoing of Mephisto's doing?

>Page?
The current "Amazing Spider-Man", from the 12 issue to the 15.

>It's been a long time since I 've read Spider-Man, did MJ stopped appearing?
Slott barely uses her, and when he does is MJ bitching about how Peter makes her life worse. She is now an Iron-Man character.

Just another fucking reminder that OMD happened.

Fucking quesadilla.

Pedro "Ollie" Olivera is 1 person.

Ramos is just a shit artist that can't draw 1 character the same way consistently, and also forgot what ethnicity he was supposed to be.

You renounce your claims to Lupita Nyong'o?

I will never support a universe in which anime exists
Fuck Slott's shitt OC, fucker could create an interesting character if his left nut was on the line

and even in Iron Man she is nearly a background character.

>It's been a long time since I 've read Spider-Man, did MJ stopped appearing? Wasn't Deadpool/Spider-Man teasing an undoing of Mephisto's doing?

it was just that, a tease.

it should be clear now that Marvel is never, ever, ever going to undo OMD, as long as Joe Q and Alonso et al have some say. it's a hill they are perfectly content to die on, rather than concede they were wrong in the first place.

MJ isn't even in the main book anymore, they're basically gonna let RYV stand on its own (and i think Conway is off that book too, so it lost any "star power" it had) and if it fails, it fails. and that's the last we'll see of Pete/MJ together again methinks. in our lifetime anyway.

why would he shit on mayday before trying to replace her

Because Slott's only hope at getting interest from fans is through outrage.
He has neither the ability to create compelling and complex stories or write interesting and engaging characters, so he uses the only card he has.
That being said, it's a card he can't use very well so you might as well get off his mild ride because it's never worth reading an issue.

>Pair MJ with a mexican firefighter.
>Marvel realize that's not progressive enough and changes him to black and changes his nickname to sound blacker.

If Marvel wasnt so terrible I would be offended.