Pixar

What are your favourite Pixar features? Favorite shorts? Saw Piper the other day, it was great.

Up is overrated as fuck

Where can I watch Lava?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=97TG9er_qrE
youtu.be/ypyP9UIxcSk
youtu.be/WkWE19QoUBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

>Up is overrated as fuck
I love you, OP.

Also, if you wanna watch Lava, check out KimCartoon.me

>kimcartoon

Cheers!

>Up is overrated as fuck

So is Inside Out, but people cant accept for some reason.

as for your question, OP, Coco will be my favorite pixar short - barely over 60 minutes long.

Have they announced the runtime?

youtube.com/watch?v=97TG9er_qrE

>Lava
What I expected:
>From the initial details, a story somehow conveyed without dialogue or even characters that covers the eons that span geologic time with respect to lava and the ocean's endurance

What I got:
>a fucking musical number ending on the world's worst pun

>>a bad musical number ending on the world's worst pun

ftfy

>So is Inside Out, but people cant accept for some reason.
Eh, the hype has blown over at this point. It didn't get a single vote in the best Animated feature of the 2010s strawpoll that was floating around the last couple of days.

It was just a tribute to Iz, that really fat hawaiian dude

>Favorite short
Either Mike's New Car or the Jack Jack one, I always laugh my ass off with them

I feel like it's been a long-ass time since Disney or Pixar had a little boy human protag.
No, the fat kid from Up! doesn't count.

This is your daily reminder that pic related is the absolute peak of western feature film animation, and anything made since cannot ever match it.

>CGI
>peak of western feature film animation

>Where can I watch Lava?
In the trash

anyone saw Borrowed Time?

It was so mawkish.

>Muh flip-page doodles.

youtu.be/ypyP9UIxcSk

I feel like this would have been better as part of a larger narrative. Like the Sheriff has been a hardass the whole movie then we learn that this is he backstory.
>Still feelsy tho

My favorite Pixar feature is Wall-E it dealt with its themes well and didn't come off as overly preachy.
Favorite short is Jack-Jack Attack because it makes me laugh, I know its a shallow reason but its the truth.

it was great until the blob people. peronally , rattatoille is my favorite.

damn, these movies start to look old

You could make a bread loaf from all that WHEAT

yeah, critics love pixar/disney

>damn, these movies start to look old
I actually think all except for A Bugs Life hold up extremely well visually, they're all very pleasant to look at, not in the "It's so realistic" Good Dinosaur way but in the "Oh the colors look nice and the character design is good" way.

humans look the worst.

now i get it why they avoided them as protagonists.

Agree something about Pixars people mostly look awful, besides Up, Incredibles, and Ratatouille all of their humans are ugly. Looking at a bunch of characters I think the problem is around the nose and eyes, especially the nose. I can't quite put into word what the problem is actually is though.

>Work at movie theater
>Someone walks out of the theater during Lava, saying he thought it was "deeply offensive"

>Just googled "Lava Offensive"
>People are stupid

>Up
>the paper one but i think that was disney

Well as far as that baby goes, the technology just wasn't there yet. They were well aware that the baby looked like dogshit but there was nothing they could do about it, which is why they tried to keep human involvement to a minimum in Toy Story and based the story around plastic toys in the first place.

Yeah I know, I was just showing their worst human. And while they've improved a lot their people still look unappealing.

It's not the kid that looks awful in that picture, it's the skeletons. They're incredibly plain and boring and I fucking hate those eyes. Book of Life did it so much better with the glowing orbs. Of course Book of Life did absolutely everything (in terms of visuals) leagues above Coco, it's embarrassing.

Grim Fandango did a really really good interpretation of sugar skulls as well, basically everyone but Pixar managed to not fuck this up.

What is the most underrated pixar short and why us it boundin

also this needs to be remade with Leggy.

also forgot
youtu.be/WkWE19QoUBc

never saw that one

oh , Presto~! that one was fun.

Day & Night was neat too.

worst was Partly cloudy, from the director of Good Dinosaur, and it shows.