Frank Chos latest work, fresh out of SDCC

Frank Chos latest work, fresh out of SDCC

>It's a Cho ruins his own joke by adding to much speech episode
Why do all the best cheesecake artists do this?

Hogwarts has a high turnover rate for Dark Art Defense Professors.

Good artists make terrible writers most of the time.

Fun stuff, although I remember Hughes doing something similar ages ago.

I really like how this one has such distinct faces for Ron and Harry. The man has talent but all his girls look the same, with a bit of variation for the muscle girls bodies of course

Frank Cho do ongoing interiors anymore?

Jack Kirby and Joe Kubert being the exception.

And Darwyn Cooke. Frank Miller. There's several, but for every artist who can write, there's a thousand who can't.

This was funny.

>Frank Miller
His art and writing are both terrible.

When he wants to draw someone goofy he's capable of giving them a different face.
That or when he's recreating a specific person.
His sameface is more for his pretty girls.

You only think that because you don't know what good art or good writing is. Read more comics, and less CBR forum posts.

Was Jungle Girl that bad?

It's not like the guys writing comics are that great, or even very good, user.

>Darwyn Cooke
RIP.

That wasn't always the case.

>having shit taste
>implying I come from CBR
His current art is very unappealing to look at, his women look like tranvestites and everything is blocky.

His style was much better as seen here and as far as writing goes, Daredevil Born Again was absolutely kino (except for the end). But when he is bad, he is ''really bad''.

How would that even work her magic is different.

Haha, just kidding, fuck it.

Cho draws her in a very delicious and fun fashion, which is just what the doctor ordered for the character.

Where is the outrage Cho

I was promised outrage

He is most likely dying. The fact he even attempts to draw in his conditon is impressive. Also that is not a current image ya casual.

Dini and Cho Zatanna book when?

Sometimes you just have to let go of your anger.

I understand your usage of the term kino but feel you dirty it with your filthy paws, and ought to leave it for serious academic discussion.

Which is me being a crotchety old man.

On the other count, like, fuck you buddy, he can do what he wants with his style. He knows what he's doing and what he wants to do clearly inclines that way.

He wants to do a brutalist, ugly style, that's his business. It works. I feel it's an interesting avenue for him to take as an artist. It seems perhaps intentionally grotesque to me, like Edward Burra, or Francis Bacon. The intention is definitely towards dynamism and a morbid sort of energy.

Or he's doing it because his technical skills are failing and the best way he can still communicate that raw, unsettling energy is like that. I suspect it does have to do with his aging as an artist. He's doing a bit of both, with some leavening of feeling very sick and jaundiced himself. Frank is a very sick man, who's not as young as he used to be.

Is it surprising that he's drawing stuff that's literally kind of morbid especially considering his earlier bent?

I still find myself LIKING his older, by the book stuff in traditional comic fashion, but he's commenting on that, telling a story down the road from that point. I won't say he's Picasso or anything, but like, consider how Picasso started very formal and got improvisational and creative to do the things he felt he needed to express, and got a long ways from his formal underpinnings.

Often to express or depict unpleasant things.

The kind of imagery Miller works with has an unpleasant edge to it, and the characters he draws have this raw quality to them. Their power and physicality is blunt, down to earth in a way that is actually coarse and ugly looking. They have weight to them. They are not Olympian Gods. They are mortal men, or in some cases out and out trolls and ogres, basically. Marv is basically a fucking troll for instance.

This is an old photo. He has recovered and was even walking around recently.

He was definitely going through chemo for a bit there.

>those fishnets
Unf

Cho is truly a god among men.

I do love me some Cho

Who is the artist

Cho suffers severe sameface syndrome

Sboob s'AnnataZ neewteb daeh ym evohs ot tnaw I

I wish i could go to comic con and shake Cho's hand.

Say what you will about Cho but I'm glad someone is still poking fun at Marvel for that terrible Gwen Stacy-Norman Osborn romance.

He still looks like death. He just looks like death with a beard now though.

paaaaaaarb

At this point, I enjoy it both because of how absolutely livid it still makes the fans, how it completely butchers Gwen's character and shows that Peter is the biggest bitch in Marvel's front line.

You get a pass for doing it right but don't pull that shit again

Kenneth Rocarforth.

won siht ekil gnidaer melborp on evah yllautca I

elihw a retfa ti ot desu teg uoY

Do you flip the whole sentence, I thought it was just the words?
Like this?
Ekil siht?
Or like this?
Siht ekil ro?

.ecnetnes elohw ehT

.ffins dna skceehcttub s'annataZ neewteb ecaf ym tup ot tnaw I

[magic teleporting sounds]
>hello class
>i am VICTOR VON DOOM! and I will be your professor for defense against the dark arts.
>now defend your selves.
[magic pewpew sounds]

I know that's supposed to be a carrot but I can't stop seeing it as Hellbun's red right hand of doom.