Storytime of Pain: Champions

>Because the world still needs heroes!

Good morning, Sup Forums. I'm usually a fellow that supports an official release now and again, but today, I have to do the opposite.

For this weekend of Penance, we're going to investigate Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos recent disasterpiece. I haven't felt this angry reading an ongoing in a while in how much of a waste this book is a storytelling sense, but I digress.

Relax, Sup Forums. It will all be over soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/07/05/marvel-champions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is actually not that bad of a book.

Notice how every issue begins with a one-page spread foreshadowing something later in the book.

That's one page used out of your budget.

this there's no reason to do this

storytime one of those godawful DC crossovers instead

Is this bait?
Its the second worst series I've ever read, next to the America Chavez shit.

Another thing that drives me up a wall, is the use of beat panels, and the concept of page usage.

Fuck this book and fuck what it does to Viv.

Never read this one either. Anything i need to know before jumping in?

Viv was always shit desu

Oh, it is bad because its all legacy characters.Has Milo in it and Cyclops.
This happens in Watchmen as well. Actually happens in all comics. This has to be a fucking bait thread.

It's more in how Waid/Ramos utilize beat panels via copy/pasting and pacing being off for being extended too far. Facial Hair Bros paved the way for it's overusage.

Honestly, I liked the first issue, but it went down hill fast.

How come there wasn't FireRemender tier shitstorm over the way human trafficking was portrayed here?

because the Champions are #woke

This.
It is not bad at all. The writing is solid, art is fine, stories are perfectly acceptable. I find only the 'Not MuH SpIdErMaNs' crowd think this is a bad book due to all the new characters. Also it deals with social issues in a story arc and we know how that triggers the crazed 'no politics in my comics crowd'.
It is a fine book. This is just a thread dedicated to shit posting, not due to quality, but due to personal opinion.

Another large aspect of the series: Mood whiplash.

Wait a fucking second. I know this faggot. He's also defending Superior Spider-Man at every opportunity. Either he's a very dedicated troll or has some of the shittiest taste ever.

>The writing is solid
the writing is terrible and pretty much everyone agrees it's the worst version of all the characters, and I don't mean "It sucks because Miles is the worst Spider-man" I mean this is the worst Miles, the worst Sam, just the worst.

I think the premise of Champions is retarded, but the worst part of the execution itself is just how bland and unmemorable it is on the whole.
I think that you'd be better off storytiming America Chavez or the shitty guest art Aka Hellcat comic if you wanted an ANAD Marvel comic to Storytime of Pain.

Which issue is them pissing off muslims and then fucking off, leaving their women to get raped and stoned?

3 or 4 I think

>Leave no evidence
Yeah a crate full of mushed bodies is the definition of "no evidence".

I think that was the fourth or fifth issue

That's #3.

What am I reading? Since when was Kamala such a whiny fuck?

>I think the premise of Champions is retarded
I disagree, I feel like premise of teen heroes fighting mundane unglorified, non-fantastical crime is interesting and I think it'd be pretty good if someone with a good grip on gritty crime stories, like Brubaker, Wagner, Rucka or Azzarello wrote it. The problem is that the writing is not only Jack Chick levels of preachy, it's just unbelievably bad in every possible way.

Virginia didn't die for this.

This isn't so bad, if you want a true current Marvel SoP, then Storytime America

Here's the quote from Tom Brevoort.

>BREVOORT: This is the young Scott Summers pulled from the past. In my head, he’s kind of the first challenge the group faces. Which is to say that when they get together and start to do this, what they’re doing is not just putting together a superhero team, they’re more like activists. They’re making an inclusive statement that they mean to be for all members of their generation: it’s time to get together and stand up and fix the world. This is a message that goes out and people come in response to it. Cyclops shows up and goes, “Boy I love what you’re putting down, I’d like to be a part of it.” It’s kind of like Kid Hitler showing up at the door.

>ew.com/article/2016/07/05/marvel-champions/

And so it begins.

Not sure whether to include these NEXT pages. The twitter grabs are...overzealous.

Whore!

Hey look, it's the page we just saw...again...

What was the point of that, you may ask?

Well, Waid did that tease becau

Stay tuned...

Waid legitimately cannot write a single one of these characters. Everyone acts out of normal characterisation in this
Fucking Kid Hitler

>everyone agrees
No, everyone does not. Just projecting your opinion on to others in order to make it seem as if you are right. This is a fucking troll thread based on disliking the characters and nothing more. It is more of the same 'diversity and change is evil' mental retardation that happens on Sup Forums daily. SoP something that is really bad, like Morrisons run on X-Men or Superior Spider-Man. This is just a bait thread because the opinion is generally split when it comes to this book and it has Mulsims in it so the fucking bigoted morons can jump in and talk shit.
Obvious bait is obvious.

Looks like you got beat to it.

>Muslims

que lastima