"Bart, I can't believe you would kill your own mothers game character. This is the worst thing you've ever done!"

>"Bart, I can't believe you would kill your own mothers game character. This is the worst thing you've ever done!"
What the fuck was this episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rtKFy6O9Mtk
youtu.be/TYa5492B93U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cartoons with video game episodes are the worst shtick and usually ham-fisted

prove me wrong. hard more: no mention of south park

i hated this episode back then cause it mad me sad thatt mmos wherent that interactive

Gravity Falls

The Whipcrack Show did a rather good job with thier pokemon parody

>Hard Mode: Don't answer with the single greatest counter to my weakass argument

Gravity Falls did a good one (though it was also sort of more like an anime parody at points), the Futurama episode was as stupid as it was fun, every Regular Show gaming episode was great.

Honestly very few cartoons even do video game episodes anymore.

An episode with a main plot focusing on the underutilized Bart/Marge dynamic and a Homer/Lisa subplot where Homer is completely in the right. I rather like it.

The fuck it did.

The New Adventures of Johnny Quest

Reboot

Adventure Time

Nobody was talking about the DnD episode, they were talking about the Street Fighter parody or the Visual Novel episode.

This.

>hurr durr I'm gonna feign disbelief at a simpsons episode again am I cool yet Reddit?

it's a little surprising that SU hasn't done one, though I guess you could sorta count Garnet's Universe just becasue steven plays enough games that his imagination looks like one

technically there's Arcade Mania, but i consider that even less a "video game episode" than GU

Referee Homer was actually pretty funny, but the rest of the episode was kind of boring.

Also, was it just me, or did the voices in this episode seem higher pitched?

The episode had its A and B plots messed up. Bart and Marge's gaming adventure should have been the side-plot, because there really wan't much to its story. More could have been done with the Homer and Lisa story, particularly Lisa abusing her powers more.

The southpark WoW was a pretty good one

The Test might as well have been a video game episode.

It doesn't help when the writer's room is filled with elderly jewish men who are older than the video game industry itself.
>Video games are from Japan right? What if we made a joke about how weird they are?

South Park
Gumball
Adventure time
Gravity falls

I liked American Dad's video game episode (well it was a B-plot, but still).

It also has the best Hayley design.

It wasn't bad but I wouldn't say it was good either, was decidedly alright.

I just didnt care for Marge's attitude the entire time. Why is she surprised her 10 year old son lashes out when she starts taking over his game and removing any fun he had with it? Then she has this pissy attitude when her character dies acting like Bart burned something precious belonging to her.

Is this the Wall Street Journal online?

KOTH

IMO the most clever joke in the episode was when Marge was making an account and was about the read the licensing agreement and terms of use section, when the tutorial guide says "just click okay, nobody ever reads this."

Why did it take so long to put the right answer into this thread gosh

Rohtaga..?

Simpsons trying to stay relevant by parodying things that were relevant years ago

This episode is not new user

Gumball's is genuinely really good from beginning to end.

youtube.com/watch?v=rtKFy6O9Mtk

>An MMO normies play that allows casual player killing

The most unrealistic part of this

It's really well made but not particularly funny.

>That sword right out of Tactics A2
>"I don't think that was age appropriate"
They know too much.

Honestly, I feel the same way, that's why I wrote "most clever" instead of "funniest", since I personally didn't find it to be.

>that map
They live like in europe or something?

Clarence

Gumball

The summons were fantastic.

>Marge sticks with original character look instead of changing it to look like herself
>gets seduced by Bart's character
>they have lots of cybersex in not-Goldshire
>figure out who the other is at he end

would this have saved the episode ??? also more realistic

>sex in a normiecore MMORPG
Sure thing, bud.

Even worse that Simpsons did it years after everyone else did the MMO parody thing.

Sad that the near perfect Final Fantasy 7 parody came 20 years after the game.

>plays PC game on a Mac.

>No one will do a total war parody
youtu.be/TYa5492B93U

Just watched it, you were right, that was good. Need to watch more of this show.

Steven's in game name was Agathor, saying it backwards apparently killed the character. And for some reason the game had no revival feature, you just fuckin' stay dead.

You're right, they should really just leave video game episodes to live action Japanese karate bugmen.

You joking right?

I said a parody

I'm a Johnny Test apologist and that episode fucking sucks.

ERP happens in every single MMO, even if it's not explicitly supported by the mechanics. Although it's not something that normies usually engage in.

Looks a bit more like a digimon.

Came here to post this.

this actiondoes not hae my consent

the futurama movie.
dnd setting

I know, it's like the writers here actually play video games and know what they're talking about.

>And for some reason the game had no revival feature, you just fuckin' stay dead.
Wasn't the whole point to that plot line that there WAS a revival feature? They had to get that gem and shove it up his ass.

One of the best new episodes. I wish real MMOs were like that. I actually got into the genre because of a Kim Possible episode that did something similar I saw as a kid.

>taste the meat and the heat

>the other outfit didnt seem age appropiate

I know sarcasm isn't easy to figure out on the internet, but that was pretty obvious.

what episode was it?

The battle scenes really pulled off the PS1 JRPG look.

This is probably a minor thing, but I've always hated that they never differ the style in the game world at all. It just looks exactly the same and animated the same as the "real world" except people are in fantastic costumes. It just comes across as lazy and uninspired.

American Dad did an MMO one with a vaguely animeish style.

On a side note, vidya jokes in cartoons are better now than they were a decade+ ago. Even more the case with anime because they weren't even trying before (both counterexamples I can think of are from KND).

>On a side note, vidya jokes in cartoons are better now than they were a decade+ ago.

It makes sense since the writers seem to have actually grown up with vidya now, other than "I saw my grandkid playing a Nintendo once."

I was thinking of Imaginary Resources as well. Debatable whether that counts as a video game episode though.

Danny Phantom had the weirdest game episode
>Get the 7 keys of the apocalypse
>Gain access to the internet
......What?

THIS

>prove me wrong

Believe it or not...

Gumball is fantastic for this.

Years after Dragon Ball Z was parodied to death badly, Gumball was the first and only cartoon to refer to him powering up as "Trying to go Super Saiyan".

>I'm a fucking faggot so please don't call me out on it by saying the one thing that proves I'm a fucking faggot, PLEASE!

>TRAB!

Same goes for anime, a lot of anime jokes in older cartoons (older meaning before 2010 sadly) were probably done by older animators who heard about this hot new Japanese stuff the kids were into.

I get why people think Steven Universe leans too hard on them, but compared to shows not that long ago it's kind of a miracle in that regard.

>Channel 4 censors the villagers attacking Bart to the point it looks like they killed him just by hitting him in the crotch

when will video games in cartoons go past the fucking 90s

A lot of big games still have retro roots and are so homogenised and generic nowadays that if you referenced one someone may confuse the reference for 3 other things. Most big FPS games are out. If you get too specific people may not know what youre referencing either. There isnt much to work with thats memorable, distinct, not autistic like Minecraft, not centered around realistic violence, and has a big enough following that people would get it. Everyone knows FF7. Everyone knows Doom. Theyre just pop culture at this point.
If they tried to slip from the well known cliched games, then odds are the show was already pandering to gamers and could afford to drop references frequently to cover a lot of their audience. If any other show does this, the constant references will just seem out of place.
Gumball is probably your best bet for striking a middle ground without being dumb, and I cant think of many games they could even work with. Maybe Dark Souls, but thatd probably boil down to a "YOU LOSE, dude this game is so hard" kinda thing, because thats all Dark Souls is to normies. The hard game.

>because thats all Dark Souls is to normies. The hard game.

Which is pretty amusing considering that DS isn't actually that hard if your brains haven't rotted away thanks to only playing CoD and Madden.

in 10 years or so when the next generation of writers grew up with 00s video games.

Why do these shows always pick games like pacman or tetris?

Anything newer than that will confuse both writers and their target audience. Not that there is anything wrong with depressed glutton running away from the ghosts of his past and commie blocks.

Wow they picked the #1 most retarded, overly complicated character design to parody.
I give them points for that.

>miracle

>wakawakawakawakawaka
THIS WAY, DAMMIT!
>wakawakawakawakawaka