Storytime of Pain: America

Estan listos para leer la mejor historieta de Marvel, amigxs?

What does America mean to you, Sup Forums?

that's way too much spanish for this book

only one word should randomly be in spanish

>Sis from another miss
Miles, I never cared for you before, but Christ that makes me wish upon you the fate of The Sword.

Freedom, the 2nd amendment, independence, and not this comic.

No te gusta mi historieta, user?

>America
FUCK YEAH!

She makes me mildly ashamed of belonging to the "latin american" group, even if I live thousands of km away in South America, and shouldnt feel bad for the creations of a Nuyorican.

I also think it is a perfect storm. A comic that is to TUMBLR what Tails gets Trolled is to Deviant Arts, but, completely unironic, and financed by a mega corporation.

You sick twisted bastard....
At least this book DESERVES a SoP.

I enjoy it the same way I enjoy getting a tooth drilled: it's great when it's over.

Well meaning but run by idiots.
Not this comic though, this is just awful.

Wait, so they included a page in this character's comic with other characters saying how great she is? Literally just panels of them complimenting her?

>amigxs
I get your intent, but Rivera always opts for "mi gentle" in these situations like a true fake Rican.

Where have you been?

Isn't xe great!

Peaceful place in a little town in the center of the states.

At least Carol is weirded out by her fans and thinks they don't know shit.

Yes, because they didn't or couldn't show that she's a good superhero and person. So they're telling you.

>hispanic character
>constantly awkwardly name drops spanish words
>never actually uses any fucking popular Spanish phrases, just lazily google translates from english

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and /s/, mostly. I'm not really a comic book guy, I just came here because I figured there would be threads about cartoons.

the saddest thing about this great comic is there's never a point where people ask "Where's Americx?" because she's always on screen

The strangest part is that the writers all seem to be latinos, they should know better

Please user this is a safe space, use the proper Latinx, ok?

>referencing young avengers
Well fuck you too Marvel.

Might be 3rd generation. They use their latino heritage to make up for the lack of a proper personality.

Sorry to post a pic during a storytime, but is that brown woman in the center suppose to be Sonia Sotomayor? Because I don't remember her ever being THAT dark...

>latinx

No real latino uses that shit. Latinx is the invention of bored chicanas from upper class california suburbs who don't even speak spanish.

No problem user and yes it is her, because why not.

>what the holy menstruation!
I'm not sure what bothers me more. The idea that somebody wrote this and thought it was funny, or the idea that somebody wrote this and thought it was EMPOWERING.

Was this drawn by a black dominican who has never seen any other kind of latino? Fuck's sake.

Will be right back with the second issue, don't go away!

What the fuck was Hitler doing in the middle of a battlefield?

Moral support.

>Chico, you look mad familiar

Jesus Christ, she's written like some kind of chola parody.

Look, I'm a white dude in the American South, so maybe I just don't get it, but I really want to know how this isn't offensive to the majority of actual Hispanic people

Issue 2 guest starring Moon Girl!

Which artist is worse? The one for this arc or the guy from the latest issue?

What is it with these people and adding Moon Girl into everything?

>but I really want to know how this isn't offensive to the majority of actual Hispanic people

Most of us aren't Mexican, so that helps.

No, dumbass, white is not the absence of color. Black is.

After all the times we've read this book together, Sup Forums, how did we not pick up on the fact that (spoiler if you give a shit) her younger self is seen wearing her future self's outfit in these sketches right here in the first issue?
>I really want to know how this isn't offensive to the majority of actual Hispanic people.
You should have been here for the first time these books were storytimed, tons of Hispanics (or people claiming to be) were triggered that this is how they were represented in comics.
Guy from the latest issue for sure.

Well you came at the appropriate weekend since this is the story time of Pain weekend where we storytime or link the worst cartoons and storytime the worst comics.

Because she is the smartest and blackest character in the Marvel universe (Bendis says otherwise) so they want them SJW points.

Literally everything wrong with marvel distilled to perfection and put into a single comic.

I can't speak for everyone but for me personally, I just don't care. Not to mention as stupid and horribly written it is it's not like it's trying to be racist.

Beside's if Hispanics got angry every time Puerto Rican's embarrassed themselves, they would've been systematically slaughtered years ago.

Both are. Additive/subtractive colors.

pero chupame la pija querés?

but...do you want to suck me...something?

Now to see if I came close!

Can you imagine a world without Puerto Ricans?

Jesus Christ America in the last issue you did know it was Hitler. Why did you ask again?

>"Punching Nazis is neato." - Peggy Carter
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure no one in the 1940s talked like that.

>Not to mention as stupid and horribly written it is it's not like it's trying to be racist.

SJWs never consider that an excuse. If anything that makes it worse.
Meanwhile, non-SJWs don't complain, so no one cares.

Welp, the short answer is no.

it seems the writer is a Nuyorican who speaks broken Spanish.

I just have so many questions

>why is Hitler on a battlefield?
>Why does the character need to say "that was Hitler" and "this is WWII" when it's already been said?
>Why is the main character so annoying?
>Why is the political commentary so incredibly hamfisted?

It was written by an SJW who has no experience writing or reading a comic book.

"Neato" was apparently coined by Stephen Longstreet in the 50s, but hey it sounds old so good enough.

This is worse than the Unfunnies.

Wow.

>why is Hitler on a battlefield?
eh.

>Why does the character need to say "that was Hitler" and "this is WWII" when it's already been said?
Technically, she's from an alternate universe and moved to 616 as a teenager so it's sort of new to her. Technically.

>Why is the main character so annoying?
Read the relaunched The Ultimates. She is better there and the writer even takes a swipe at this book's personification of her.

...user, back in the 1990s there was a thing called "participation trophies" and making sure everyone felt special. It was a good idea at the time. It was fine. And over time, that got to kids. It warped them. And also the idea of performance art that a suburban audience could glom onto to feel "closer" to the urban neighborhoods. Add Ingredient X and you get the author.

>A protected space between dimensions.
So it's some sorta "safe space"?

>why can't I vote

Because you're 9 years old and have no experience you stupid shit.

Hispanic Lesbian represents "America"
Good Goy Guys

Dr. Doom himself couldn't give a better supervillain speech.

Idk how to spell "bump" in porto rican.
El-bumpo?

White is absence of dye colors, black is the absence of light colors.

The best part about this relationship drama is that America is pretty much the bad guy in a Lifetime movie.