Why does Sup Forums still give money to Marvel?

Why does Sup Forums still give money to Marvel?

Other urls found in this thread:

frontpagemag.com/point/266307/marvel-vp-admits-political-correctness-killed-daniel-greenfield
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Deadpool
Gwenpool
Venom
Daredevil
Take your pick.

Diversity isn't killing comics.
Terrible writing and decision making is killing comics.

>lipstick on a pig

...but I guess a fat tranny knows it better.
frontpagemag.com/point/266307/marvel-vp-admits-political-correctness-killed-daniel-greenfield

Who is this person and why should care?

i honestly feel bad for people who look like that. then again she sort of made it worse with the whole being fat and having an awful haircut/fashion sense

Why does she look like Bozo?

Why the fuck does every black chick have to have a puffy ass fro? It's always fucking white people making these characters as well.

Ok give me something good to pick from.

Replacing established characters with brown and female knockoffs certainly isn't helping.

Who is she exactly?

>Being condescending and passive-aggressive to your customers
Why do they think this is a good idea?

Marvel is such shit these days, most of us won't even bother the read the story times. Forget paying $3.99 for an 18-20 page comic. We won't read this shit for free.

That's how low Marvel has fallen.

Some comic "journalist".

Because they think it makes them look cool to their prospective customers.
They're trying to court people who get off on being smug progressive assholes.

because most blacks have hair that grow out like that and perms/weaves are for self hating coons

Great PR marvel. These people shielding under an excuse and insulting the customer?

A+ work.

I don't care about diversity but shit like bad writing and general laziness is off putting.

Superior black Sup Forums waifu coming through.

Because nobody learned their lesson from the Ghostbusters reboot's marketing.

Why this nigga wearing makeup? Don't got no shit like this to deal with in Chicago.

>What are hair braids?

Stop being retarded at any time, user.

Exactly man

Nowadays, most black women I see have their hair in dreadlocks like in pic related.

So this what The Carol, Gwen and kamala shill posters look like

I thought Josh Ryan Evans died years ago?

because we're not Sup Forums

As soon as I heard about her my dick got so hard

>AJ+
I will not be lecture by a company created by a goverment that still supports slavery

>MArina
>Black

Maybe it's easier to animate in a game. That's why so many male characters are bald or have extremely short hair.

Pearl is yolandi vizzer ...well the good parts

>But no

I assume she supported this with evidence, right?

3/4 girls take place in the same era/timeline.

It's like asking why late 1800 are all cowboys or someshit

>black

She's not even human bro. Pic related is an actual black Nintendo waifu.

one other hairstyle, wow dude.
honestly i feel bad for the darkies cause they can barely do anything with their gross hair, kinda Sad

Wow Hillary Clinton has really let herself go since the election.

>There's only one kind of hairstyle when braiding hair

I asked you to stop being retarded, not to dig your hole even deeper.

because you hate your hair's natural tendency to become an afro puffy cloud as its normal resting state, and taming it into braids/weaves is how you broadcast that you care about your looks to other women and groom for a potential mate.

t. Detroiter

"Braids" isn't a hairstyle, it's a technique, I grew up with a sister who had like 10 braid styles she put into rotation

How do you think they picked those writers in the first place user.

They these writers because they fulfill the diversity quota.

Like responding isn't being retarded.

>Sup Forums
>actually buying comics
Pick one

What is that thing?

being a patronizing douche is sure to convince people you're correct.

it all looks like one big tangled mess of steel wool anyways lol

Falling for consumerism is like the least "woke" thing you can do so I don't know why white twitter bitches keep falling for it.

So is that person going to expand why the fanboys are wrong or is she saying they're wrong because she said so?

Sure shown me.

>using fanboys as an insult
So they are admiting they aren't fan?

Because 90% of them are Gwenfags

Okay, I can see that you're getting upset because you're wrong, so now so I'm just going to leave you alone. Have a nice day, user.

Who is it?

she saying they're wrong because she said so

Does it even matter?

New reaction image.

Looks like a tranny

That is a very unfortunate still of an already ugly person.

Bitch has a serious case of blowjob face in that second pic. Also calling your detractors "fanboys" is retarded because it implies they care more about the quality of your work than you or the fanbase you want for some reason do.

Probably not, but I am just curious. I want to understand a bit more context.

I'm disapointed, I thought Riri hair in the second pannel were her hair and she had one of the weirdest haircut ever.

What does Sup Forums have to do with hating terrible decision making in comics?

No,you're worse.

It really baffles me that some people, be them marvelshills or the sjw crowd, are still in denial about Marvel's current state. Nevermind the retailers complaining, you have Marvel's fucking vp of sales saying the sales are in the gutter and they're still arguing whether there's an issue, as if there's any fucking doubt at this point.

>Replace already existing, established characters with "diverse" versions for no real reason and give shitty reasoning for it in the story
>shitlords!!!!!!!

I mean, I don't mind if there's a more diverse cast, but don't do it like this, introduce new characters instead of replacing existing ones.
Like fucking Robbie is a good example. I'm reading through early Spider-Man, and it's obvious that they placed in black characters due to the political climate of the time, but it was done a million times better. Robbie is a new character, doesn't feel forced, and he's fucking bro-tier. And guess what, he didn't need to be a superhero. He was just a nice guy, stood up for Peter, had his own sense of right and wrong, and it was a great addition to JJ's character too, their dynamic is great, even if it tones down JJ's douchebaggery a lot, it was needed, JJ was a bit too cartoony for me. Seriously, thinking back, ASM had some good black characters, the Prowler was good shit too.

>Deadpool
>Gwenpool
>Venom

Why can't I find this video?

>Nowadays, most black women I see have their hair in dreadlocks like in pic related.
No black woman where I live do that, most of them straighten their hair

>Why does Sup Forums still give money to Marvel?
I am and forever will be a DC boy but Marvel has heroes I always loved as a child too.

Daredevil
Thor
Spider-Man
Deadpool (when he wasn't just LOL MEMES)
Nightcrawler

>Why does Sup Forums still give money to Marvel?
that guy named Rooney is probably the only one stupid enough to give them money, ask him

Diversity isn't killing comics. Its the senseless forced-diversity of the modern era while attacking your base of both characters and consumers in doing so.

Black Panther has been around since 1966, joined the Avengers and was the effective leader of the team in 1968, and had his only solo book by 1973. But you'd think modern Marvel writers had just discovered black people this year they way they talk. Marvel has always been a progressive place.

Rhodey took over for Iron Man in the 80s. And everyone was fine with it, because he was a long-standing supporting character in the book and it made sense to occur as it grew organically out of the story.

But now we have a writers donut steal character come out of nowhere and be handed the IM mantle, and all the book's supporting cast is there to be her cheerleader. She isn't allowed to face adversity because the optics of a white male villain beating up a black female hero would look bad, it occurs off-panel. No adversity = no fan attachment to the character. But if you don't like her you *must* be racist misogynistic asshat, their ideology allows no debate.

Make new diversity characters if you wish. Introduce them into existing books and allow them to bloom naturally instead of being horribly forced. But when you kill off or replace popular characters with these new creations you're going to get pushback no matter what - if Riri was a straight white male that came of nowhere, people would be annoyed by that character just as much.

But keep it up. Keep mocking the small number of consumers that will actually purchase your niche product anymore, while pimping yourself to a consumer base that will never buy your product. Thats a winning marketing strategy and see how its doing for you.

Racism. Since big ass lips and watermelons aren't allowed, big ass afroes are the next best thing.

Like the whole campus protesting shit, this issue came out in 02/1969, not even a year passed since the civil right act, and to me, it's obvious that Marvel wanted to come out and show support for it, probably thinking of the kids, and also it was a current event. I honestly think it was handled well, save for the whole reason they were protesting, seems like they didn't have the balls to do a full-on protest based on race, instead of this dorm nonsense, but can't win'em all. Such a shame that decades ago marvel could do well and comment on the whole race issue the US had, but now it's just hurr iron man is now a black girl. Also don't forget to give her a big ol' afro so we totally know she's black. Honestly.
Also this.

>white people

LOL

>Tanking sales
>Marketing to normies
>Hiring people who know fuck-all about comics who'd rather push agendas than write stories

Marvel has had at least two (Three?) relaunches that have primarily revolved around saying "Check it out! [Insert classic hero here] is a [insert minority/sex/gender here] now. It's progressive and empowering. Better buy all 27 variant covers!!"

The issue isn't having minority characters, but they have to have more personality than "strong black girl", "edgy lesbian" or "girl".

DC has tons of great minority characters (Jaime Reyes, Michael Holt, literally all of Milestone, Rebirth's version of Ray Terrill) so it's really glaring when you see actual fleshed-out characters on one side and a tumblrite's fantasy on the other.

>She isn't allowed to face adversity because the optics of a white male villain beating up a black female hero would look bad, it occurs off-panel.

Seems strange that they don't just make the villain another black then. Take Floyd Mayweather, give him superpowers, bam, convincing villain and a living embodiment of black stereotypes that your black hero can literally punch.

Don't forget the JLC

>console shooter
>superior anything

Step aside, REAL superior black character representing.

What? Is Bendis not white?

>hey son it's okay to protest things that you believe for, but don't break shit
>dad u a whitewashed house nigga reeeee
>that's literally what we want, to be "whitewased" aka no difference between any of us, so we're all equal

>circa 1969
Really makes you think

but Gwen isnt sjw?

I can't believe I forgot them

It's a real issue tbf. A black person who's wealthy and speaks normally is often dismissed by other blacks as an uncle tom. If you're black, rich, and you don't be talking like dis when I be axing you summin then your "blackness" is in question.

Well he's jewish, which are kind of wishy washy regarding race.

>Ohio

So he's a white-washed jew.

>Shitting on "fanboys"

Who the fuck do they think is even still buying their terrible comics if not fanboys? Do they honestly believe the tumblr crowd are buying books?

Not to mention if they are republican
Then they be a coon

Why does the black Iron Man have an afro? It seems really weird that they would choose that hairstyle when you have to put on a helmet.

Also the only reason diversity isn't working is because the characters suck and comics have lost their way. The writing is shit, and Marvel is just hoping to bank on the namebrand of SPIDERMAN! THOR! etc. to get sales and not actual interesting characters. The last decent Marvel diversity addition was probably Ghost Rider?

Sounds like an actual racial/cultural issue that should be explored, maybe in a medium that also reaches wide within a certain age group... If only there was one such thing

why did this plague have to descend on comics and video games? at the same damn time. we got taken over by the lamest people possible.

>not white
for white supremacist jews aren't white, he's jew with 2 adopted nigglets

Stop using this feminine emoji for fuck's sake

>>Parent "I need Riri because my children need a black female to look up to!"
>>Kid "Can I buy these?"
>>Parent "$4 A COMIC?! OH LORD! You aren't wasting your money on that!"

Did you just assume it's gender, shitlord?

Remeber when the Hellcat writer was complaining her tumblr "fans" didn't buy the book?

sounds juicy, can you give me a quick rundown?

FUCK OFF

1) Gamergate for video games
2) The Avengers reached a billion and suddenly everyone had their opinion on what was wrong with comics.

The moment your industry makes a billion dollar is when it goes to hell. I remember seeing posts hating on Baby Driver because it has a "Gun Fetish" and "Failed the Bachdel Test". People have this stupid idea that if they make stories pander to them, the world will change overnight. Which is hilarious cause most people can't name five films that came out 2 years ago off hand.

I don't.
>No, it isn't diversity that ruins comics
>It's your inability to make them likeable.