Was Three Caballeros ahead of its time? I feel it is a progenitor to the "bros doing random shit" genre

Was Three Caballeros ahead of its time? I feel it is a progenitor to the "bros doing random shit" genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5k7cVz5Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=tjeKiXRp6qY
thekingdominsider.com/whoopi-goldberg-wants-disney-re-release-song-south/
youtube.com/watch?v=cwGs9vKm9SY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

diversity ahead of its time

Pretty sure Disney had shorts in China, Mexico, Egypt, etc a decade before this.

Why US,Mexico and Brazil? Why not Canada or Argentina?

English, Spanish and Portuguese Americas

>Canada

It was part of FDR's Good Neighbor policy to shore up Latin American support during WW2.

Canada is so similar to the US that pairing an American and Canadian is pointless, you might as well have two Americans. And nobody likes Argentina.

*Also, a more simple answer is that the US, Brazil, and Mexico are the 3 "New World" countries with the highest populations. .

More like the progenitor of Happenings and the psychodelic genre

Whats gonna represent Canada, a goose? Geese are assholes!

Because at the time Mexico was the leading Central American country and Brazil was the leading one in South America, whatever they did, the other countries would follow suit.
FDR was afraid of German influence on these countries, in Brazil's case Getulio Vargas was president and the man was a quasi facist dicatator just steps away from being friends for life with Germany, and FDR was afraid that once Brazil fell, it would take the rest of South America with them, and that was something the allies couldn't be bothered to handle, so they started a policy of bringing these countries closer.
It worked, culminating in the Rio Conference and eventually Brazil joined the Allies, and so did most of South America, and discoraging Argentina from helping the axis war effort, declaring neutrality even with a goverment, and people, heavily favoring the Germans.
I can't go into much detail on Mexico, but the situation is similar, it was America trying to appease and increase its sphere of influence as to not lose these countries to enemy influence.

I said at the time, but both countries still retain massive influence, even if it is sliping, but other Latin American countries are centuries away from overtaking them. But they of course play second fiddle to the US once it restarted their foreign policy during WW2.

We're Three caballeros
Three gay caballeros

AND WE ARE ALWAYS TOGETHER

Man they would never get away with stuff like in this movie in modern cartoons.

Geopolitics. Argentina already speaks spanish, so Brazil is a higher priority to pander to. Canada speaks English, and is so close to the US to not need extra effort.

Just the fact that José smokes and Panchito says caramba and packs a six shooter means it woulod never be made today.

Press F to pay respects.

The three caballeros without a cigar and guns, it was still fun

youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5k7cVz5Y0

Have you ever been to Bahia?

This movie was so legit, it was literally Donald just hanging out and adventuring with his cool foreign bros and picking up hot chicks as opposed to getting shit on as per usual.

Why is this cartoon the only time that Donald seems genuinely happy?

Donald was the only character who perfectly captured the everyman. Mickey is too chaste to go down to Latin America and get lit.

I fucking love the movie, and the comic kind of sequel

Obligatory "Lost Caballero" post

Because he had no restraints and was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted, and so he partied with his Latin American bros. He couldn't do that kind of shit with Mickey and Goofy, they'd fuck it up somehow. Mickey would probably bore all the girls away, and Goofy would probably break everything. It'd be even worse if Minnie and Daisy followed, because then he'd be completely chained to the "Clubhouse" group and not get to party at all.

Panchito and Jose are the only friends that understand Donald.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Your right, Latin America is to volatile nowadays. Donald would straight up demolish the Cartels for ruining his vacation.

They just need the Empire of Brazil to return. Monroe doctrine is just to keep European influence out.

>Mickey would probably bore all the girls away

More like he'd jack them all, he's the shit oblivious harem protagonists are made of. They'd all fawn over him cause "he's such a nice guy" without him even noticing while Donald gets shut out.

It's like the rule if Donald and Mickey are on screen at the same time in anything that's not Kingdom Hearts(for some reason), Donald won't get what he wants because of Mickey.

Donald has an actual personality. Mickey has nothing, he's a complete blank slate.

I think Mickey would be too dumb to be able to maintain a harem. He's got no style and charm and he's too loyal to Minnie

great fuckin taste op

>Donald has a canadian friend.
>He's evil incarnate.

Ohhh Daisy

>those old disney shorts about various sports
>goofy is every athlete
>goofy is every ref
>goofy is any umpire
>goofy is most of the spectators

>Duckburg is only 1000 miles away
kek

Relax Donald, it's not like Daisy's one of those psycho latina chicks.

daisys way worse than a psycho latina chick

Then let's go

>*shrinks you down with a mallet and goes inside a pop up book*

Daisy's first role in anything was being a psycho latina chick

youtube.com/watch?v=tjeKiXRp6qY

>Goofy was literally an everyman

that's donna duck, not daisy

>youtube.com/watch?v=tjeKiXRp6qY
I should've known she was a spic, only latinas have the big ass, small boobs look.

Next you're gonna tell me that Dippy Dawg and Goofy are separate characters.

>A brazilian chan recently tried to turn José into their Pepe
;-;7

I can see that didn't work

>Mexico
>Central America

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I hope you aren't serious, my God.

The Mexicans themselves call us norteamericanos, implying that they're not in north america.

Why a nice people country like canada get the worst birds?

Mexico is in North America, but they extend their influence south towards Central America since North is the US and south is a lot of small countries with little chance to oppose it.
But yes, lets keep being pedantic.

In a way, yes. Even now, when you think of a movie, you think of it as something that tells a single, mostly linear story. Three Caballeros was more of a collection of short movies than a regular film.

>And nobody likes Argentina.
It's funny because Walt Disney was obsessed by the southern cone and made many shorts who take place on, even one of the most earliest Mickey short. (The Gallopin' Gaucho)
I smell the butthurt chicano.

More like butthurt for murricans appropiating the "American" term

I can't believe someone got so upset for Donald chasing girls that he made The Three Caballeros into some kind of prequel from the nebulous present.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts I wish they used or referenced Three Caballeros in one way. Even if it's just for laughs. Donald's got a wild past and Sora becomes a man

Isn't The Three Caballeros racist nowadays? Not at the censored eleven level but still not aligned with Disney's current PC rule

Nope, it's more like Disney is just apathetic to any Walt-era movie that isn't part of the "Buy it before it goes back into the Disney Vault" club.

America should takeover Brazil.

It probably would be, I'm not sure. To be perfectly honest, though, I don't see anything racist in it.

>Mexico is in North America, but they extend their influence south towards Central America since North is the US and south is a lot of small countries with little chance to oppose it.

Mexico it's kinda it's own thing between North America and Central America, even in the Spanish Empire era when technically Central America (Captaincy of Guatemala) was part of colonial Mexico or the "Vice-kingdom of New Spain" there wasn't much contact between the two territories and "Guatemala" was de facto autonomous, even inside the Captaincy of Guatemala there was too much division between their 5 provinces that would rather mind his own business than deal with each other, that's why Central America was split in small countries some decades after the independence and why they pretty much rejected being part of Mexico even if they got the independence thanks to them.

Don't think so. They still air Peter Pan with its natives and Dumbo with the black crows. I think they still have a Song of the South ride at Disney Land.

>Song of the South

Whoopie Goldberg is talking with Disney to re-release that film, is she /our girl/?

thekingdominsider.com/whoopi-goldberg-wants-disney-re-release-song-south/

>We're three Caballeros, three GAY caballeros!

youtube.com/watch?v=cwGs9vKm9SY

I am Brazilian and José is a national treasure and The Three Caballeros is great. Not sure how the Mexicans feel about it or your easily offended on behalf of other people liberals.

They might be independent countries but they are hardly truly independent from Mexico economically, much like the influence America holds on Mexico, it exerts its own on its southern neighbors.
Mexicans jump the border to the US, Central Americans jump the border to Mexico.

It's not about Mexicans or Brazilians but upperclass whites on NY and California or in some cases repulsive freaks like Gaby Rivera, the writer of America Sup Forums favorite comic

Balance

Did I hear that right? Everybody is goofy?

Also, Panchito was the mascot for the unit that Mexico sent to help the Allies in WWII, the only thing that could be considered a little bit racist about Panchito is the hat that he wears, but if they change it for a mariachi hat I doubt there will be any trouble, he even scream like a mariachi

Who was he supposed to be? Honestly the trio could use a Canadian Goose that speaks French or some shit.

That is what happens when people grow without any adversities, they have to hunt down some cause to fight for, even if it is an useless one.
I would be fucking livid if liberals try to censor the one goddamned time Americans cared to base something in my country, and got it pretty accurate and funny as well.

Blame the fact that muh united statian sounds retarded as fuck and yank triggers like half of US population.

>Jose sold himself to a mexican brand of cheap Ketchup

¿Qué nos pasó, José?

If you haven't read Don Rosa's stories about this exact thing get off your ass and do it right now.

Those were some of the best

The Walt Kelly comic is good too

Those are way too bishonen

wait what the fuck
don't tell me they shut down the ride?

Man, I hope Disney make an episode about The Three Caballeros in the new Duck Tales

They're trying to get clearance for that and a Mickey Mouse ep.

N o H o m o

>Make a work literally objectifying women
>Get a BL fandom
This is more common than it looks

>Gay caballeros