Will Sup Forums be sad when Stan Lee dies?

Will Sup Forums be sad when Stan Lee dies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah.

Probably, except for all the edgy kids who'll spam shit like WHO CARES and BEING SAD OVER A STRANGER'S DEATH IS STUPID.

The entire board is going to be chaos when he dies.

>when
if

A little.
It just occurred to me, they could use the cgi tech they used for Tarkin in Rogue One to keep doing the cameos. Horrifying.

I'm prepared to see the Facebook posts eulogizing the creator of Batman.

Didn't he take credit for other people's ideas? I mean I know everyone in the world has done it, but I remember some people talking about it.

He's going to live forever, OP.

Maybe he'll die when CGI is so good that it's hard to not confuse it with the real thing. We would never notice.

>when
When indeed.

That's sorta inevitable when you get high up. Some ideas don't survive when there isn't a name attached. Same thing happens in the sciences.

The real Stan Lee died ages ago. He makes all his appearances as either CGI or a hologram depending on the situation.

Yep, hopefully it isn't soon though

What will happen with all the life force absorbed over the years, will it leak back into the world or will all the souls finally move on to the afterlife?

They're gone, Jim.

And the unfunny fags going LOL STAN LEE DEVOURED HIS OWN SOUL XD

Marvel movies are his phylactery. As long as he keeps appearing in them, he can't die.

>BEING SAD OVER A STRANGER'S DEATH IS STUPID
They have a point.

There'll be a lot of retards parroting the same tired horseshit about him being a "thief" or whatever.

It's not as attractive a narrative as having Ditko/Kirby as the poor "unsung" geniuses and Lee as the evil businessman who "stole" credit for their work, but the fact is he was absolutely key to a lot of the early Marvel creations. Later on he became more focused on the business/community side and used the Marvel Method as a crutch. But FF and Spider-Man would not be what they were without his writing, and if you're actually familiar with his pre-Marvel work you can easily see the influence he brought to Marvel.

There's an old myth that Lee never liked comics and was using them as a stopgap so he could be a "real" writer. It's true that that was his intent when he first started in comics, remember that by the time Marvel started, he was in his fucking 40's. By that time in his life he was dedicated to turning comics into something he could be proud to have his name on, and that was the entire impetus behind Marvel.

The guy's not perfect, and maybe he deserves getting taken down a notch after all the self-hyping he did in the late 70's. But I judge a creator on their work, not their public image, and his work, the stuff he demonstrably put his heart and soul into in the 50's and 60's, is tops.

>tl;dr
Read Marvel Comics: The Untold Story before you try to sound smart by putting the guy down.

Not really. Maybe a little. He's the one who owned the publisher and he self promoted, a lot of stuff was 'Stan Lee presents' etc. but as far as I know he never failed to credit the co-creators of characters or anything like that.
For a long time he probably got too much credit, and the artists who pretty much co-wrote the early comics didn't get enough, but he never stole anyone's ideas or anything like that.

Yeah. Like when did this meme happen?

No, they don't.

Care to explain?

They do. But I don't expect a brainless-maggot to understand that. I'm a freethinker unlike you.

Not that guy but celebrities can have a large impact on people's lives, big enough to form an emotional attachment even though you don't know them in person.
That's why so many dudes got sad over Williams' or the Linkin Park guys deaths - these people were a part of their childhoods and in that sense they're important and there is a connection.

It's not like they're crying over some Betty living in a unnamed town in another country.

*tips fedora*
M'reddit.

I could believe either of these.

>hurrdurr celebrities are more important than regular people just because we like to pay them to entertain us

You have to go back.

I never said that, dude.
People are going to be sad when someone important to them dies.

They're important as the jester is to his king.

He's so fucking old I have prepared myself for years for his death.
It will just be one "huh, about time" when he goes

You don't need to know someone to have empathy for them, to feel bad when bad things happen to them. This is why charities exist. This should not be a difficult concept.

he's a shister but i'll shed a manly tear

The people that cry over celebrity deaths are weak minded. I'm sorry, but it's dumb. "WAAAAAAAAAHHH -- someone I don't know is dead! BOOHOOOOOOOO :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((("! I'm the last person to ever say this, but anyone that cries over people they don't know need to grow a spine. No one cries for the victims of suicide bombers, no one cries for the victims of massacres, no one cries for ANYONE they don't know, YET people throw a fit over celebs dying? This is stupid.

I'm sad because someone that was rich killed himself. Oh my god, I'm such a wreck! Oh no no no! Waaaaaah :(

No they dont

Adam West

your just dumb

take your pills

>No one cries for the victims of suicide bombers, no one cries for the victims of massacres, no one cries for ANYONE they don't know

That's what you wanna think.

Man, I'd love to pop some pills.

>No one cries for the victims of suicide bombers, no one cries for the victims of massacres, no one cries for ANYONE they don't know
What are you talking about? People do that all the fucking time.

They just do it less because a stranger usually doesn't have an impact on you. There is no emotional connection, therefore less sad. It really isn't that hard to understand.

>being this edgy
Just go back already, if you're this autistic over the concept of empathy.

Edgy? What? How the fuck am I edgy? I'm spitting truth, bro. If some motherfucker blows their head off with a shotgun, that's the family's problem, not mine.

go away cringe kid

go away big baby

Yeah. I'll be sad when George Perez, Walter Simonson, Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Chris Claremont and a heep of other ones die too.

End your life immediately.

You sound like me when I was 12.

This desu senpai stan is a deathless, an old and ancient life force who feast on souls of comic book artists.

uh yeah they do, haven't you ever seen those facebook trends? "#PrayFor[location]", flag filters over their avatars, etc.

>YET people throw a fit over celebs dying? This is stupid.
it's stupid when they didn't even like anything associated with those celebs, but if it's someone whose content you've been watching/reading/playing/whatever for a long time, then it's only natural that it'll make you sad

If you appreciate something a person did it's not unreasonable to be sad when they pass away, don't you think? I was absolutely miserable when Terry Pratchett and David Bowie died and I'm not ashamed of it.

>but if it's someone whose content you've been watching/reading/playing/whatever for a long time, then it's only natural that it'll make you sad
No it wouldn't. There have been times I've made jokes and laughed when someone famous I liked died, It's normal. If I personally knew someone like Robin Williams then yes I'd be sad.

Not much.
The man's and a long and pretty great life.

>There have been times I've made jokes and laughed when someone famous I liked died,
You're trying too hard now,

Kind of... he's a relic of a bygone era.

I'm being serious. If I couldn't laugh at the darkside of events, I'd be miserable as fuck. Really, imagine being these idiots that fucking whine, not cry, WHINE for hours over this shit. People need to learn to lighten up when shit hits the fans, learn to roll with punches, etc.

I would be sad if you died, user.

I'm pretty sure no one will cry for you either!

No you wouldn't. If I found out you did while I was dead, I'd laugh at you.

That's okay. As long as you knew I was sincere.

CAN A MAN NOT FEEL?!? IF YOU CUT HIM, DOES HE NOT BLEED?!?

If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less

I know that when he does I'd love to go to his funeral to pay my respects for helping forge my childhood, and the man that I've (hopefully) become.

Purplepill me on Stan Lee.

The death of people below me doesn't concern me. I do not cry for the cockroaches of this world. The only death that matters is the death of my darkness.

A little.
Especially now that his wife died before him.
I predict he wont last the end of this year,

It hurts.

I won't be...he's got an incredible legacy and he's lived a long life. If there's an after life he'll be reunited with his wife and Jack and they can muse over what marvel's become (the good and the bad). I also really dislike his cameos, they take me out of the movie

trips of truth

>No one cries for the victims of suicide bombers, no one cries for the victims of massacres, no one cries for ANYONE they don't know,
Most normal people absolutely do.

Where could one get their hands on this? 7.99 is pushing it for my broke ass.

Didn't he steal all the Kirby spotlight?
Is like that faggot that steal all the spotlight from Batman creator.

He's a piece of shit. I'll be glad when he dies. The only thing that will bother me is all the stupid casuals who will act sad

Do you not know what a library is? Jesus wept man

Why would you read Sean Howe's crap? The dude is well known to be biased

When Lee survived all these other greats after being a thief IRL

Stanley Lieber is a hateful man with no talent.

I was hoping for audio really, and I'm really not a huge comic guy. Just thought I'd come here to get some shit to listen to while cleaning around the house.

It's more depressing knowing he's alive and witnessing Marvel tie the rope around it's own neck.

He took all the credit for Kirby's shit and is the reason Kirby pretty much died penniless.

Fuck him.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

>this post

He's stretched the truth from time to time - but he's a far cry from, say, Walt Disney or Bob Kane in terms of actively stealing other people's work and *completely* screwing them over.

Most of his career was just modelling himself into a mascot/narrator character for his stories, and then later coasting off some tall tales to stay relevant with normies, instead of just being "obscure comic creator #9,452 who created these assortment of iconic characters".

He stole credit from people like Ditko and Kirby

DON'T YOU FUCKUNG DARE

>take credit
No it was given to him by reporters that didn't understand the creative process and assumed the artists were just pencil monkeys. Stan is comics greatest hypeman, and he hyped the hell out of the creative talent at Marvel.

He'll never say " Steve Ditko co-created Spider-Man" but not for his own ego, it's because of the company. Stan was never in charge, his highest position was just Publisher.

Let me be a crybaby in peace!

i don't know if Sup Forums will be sad
i do know, however, that Sup Forums will be clogged up to its balls for a good week with shitposters from every other board

Not trying to be edgy, but I would just be like oh well what can you do just like if he was any average person who died that day since I am pretty much indifferent to capeshit.

Stan actively stole credit. He claimed he came up with the Spider-Man lifting debris scene and made up a story about Ditko quitting over the reveal of Green Goblin

leave