Hammer Drones

Regardless of Vanko tampering with the test run, Hammer Drones were a good idea. An excellent idea actually.

Imagine how many casualties could have been avoided. Not just in conventional warfare in the middle east against IED's and other, but against the other threats like Alien invasions and so on.

It isn't like Stark is going to be mass producing Iron Men or War Machine armors for the US military either.

Why didn't the military invest in them? Hell it would have been great just to get the Iron Monger suit but they don't even have that. Instead they still send humans with puny rifles against alien monsters. . .

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device
youtube.com/watch?v=AxMjakMwi0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did you not watch Age of Ultron?
Stark made the Iron Legion with that exact goal.

>Stark
That's sort of my whole beef with it. It's still entirely reliant on one man, virtually one scientist, in one company who controls everything.

But there's almost nothing going on in the US military regarding exoskeletons or robotic development.

Hammer developed a working power source and models for attack drones. Stane even if he had to copy the Iron Monger and steal an Arc Reactor could produce more of them.

>But there's almost nothing going on in the US military regarding exoskeletons or robotic development.

Because they don't have the aptitude to imitate Stark's tech successfully. They even HAVE one of his suits on loan to them and they can't even reverse engineer it.

But yeah, they're still trying. At least as of the general time of Dr. Strange's accident.

But the thing is, presumably Hammer still has the blueprints for the Hammer Drone model. That's something that exists now, was already for sale to the government, and could be easily retooled and produced and made more government secure.

>Why didn't the military invest in them?

Maybe--
>they'd already allotted their budget for the next ten years into some of Stark's weaponry; the contracts had already been signed
Remember: the military-industrial complex LOVES the lowest bidder, not the best weapon.
OR
>they didn't want to purchase weapons from a company that funded a known criminal/terrorist
OR
>they realized the need for maturation as far as artificial intelligence and robotics is concerned, and didn't want to purchase a half-baked product

Take yer pick.

>>>they'd already allotted their budget for the next ten years into some of Stark's weaponry; the contracts had already been signed
On that note, I wonder what practical applications the military would have for sonic weaponry besides trying to capture the hulk.

I suppose I'm just annoyed that the entire governments strategy in an age of proven and replicable robotic soldiers, in the face of alien invasions, monsters, and super threats, is still "a man with a gun" and conventional military vehicles.

That and the loss of half a dozen flying aircraft carriers.

Civil War should have had an extra skirmish between Cap's side and the Hammer Drones/Iron Legion

Sonic weapons can penetrate any tank armor, wiggling the tank and making the occupants inside vomit or worse

>On that note, I wonder what practical applications the military would have for sonic weaponry besides trying to capture the hulk.

Probably for use as crowd control or incapacitating targets they need to capture alive. There's already sonic weaponry in real life, and that's pretty much what it's used for, even if it isn't as advanced as the stuff in fiction.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

Sounds like it would have been great to use against these guys. Better than AR15's and 50 cals at least.

That would've been a great bit of Easter Egg

Yeah.

In age of Ultron we see more energy weapons in the hands of human beings. Even if they were mostly Chitari gear scavenged by Hydra.

I like how Tony is completely against drones in Iron Man 2, but then uses them in Avengers.

Which is still leagues better than fucking this

I dunno, Black Widow's 9mm pistols seemed to work fine on them

and is inferior to this.

Hydra had the Tesseract for 60 years after WW2, and neither they or the American's ever armed their soldiers with a standard, mass producable laser weapon or laser tanks.

ARNIM ZOLA WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE.

WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

Because comic books doesn't do this.

The only comic that I can think of where this kind of thing has actual impact and change the world is on Valiant and Hellboy.

Big 3 shit can't be too different from the real world.

That's LITERALLY his super power. If a group of scientists can recreate what he does then why does anyone need him and what could he contribute?

The animated DC did it at least. The US military had laser bazookas.

youtube.com/watch?v=AxMjakMwi0k

You regularly saw the Metropolis PD (in both STAS and JL) using lasers too and by the time of Batman Beyond the Gotham police all had laser pistols.

> If a group of scientists can recreate what he does then why does anyone need him and what could he contribute?
By making it better than them anyway?

I'm not saying Stark's stuff shouldn't be superior. But that they have been objectively proven to be reproducible, even in lesser versions (hammer drones, iron monger, etc.) but there's practically 0 effort to apply them to the military when:

The need and benefit is clearly present.

They have the resources (if they can build giant flying aircraft carriers, they can afford robots).

Other militaries in the past have made efforts to advance technologically (see Nazi soldiers with laser guns, laser tanks, ACTUAL EXOSKELETONS IN 1940s)

And to nail in the point. . .it wasn't stark who developed the Hammer Drones.

It was Hammer Industries.

I think Starks red laser beam would do well as one of those Akira laser cannons.

That's a force multiplier. A bunch of grunts armed with those could at least occupy a big threat for a while.

>But the thing is, presumably Hammer still has the blueprints for the Hammer Drone model.

Wouldn't matter. The only existing blueprints were likely from before Vanko modified them to be Drones. When he died, the secret to functioning Hammer Drones likely died with him. Especially since they were probably powered by Arc Reactors, which only Tony and Ivan know how to build. All that's left are probably blueprints/schematics of Hammer's buggy, shitty suits.

Seems like it is better used as a cutting tool than a weapon

>It was Hammer Industries.

Actually, it was Ivan Vanko.

Justin Hammer outright fired Vanko before the expo. You wouldn't do that to an engineer unless you were sure you didn't need him any further for production and that you could function as a company without him.

There should be dozens of Ultrons and Iron Legion bodies floating around with intact Arc reactors that scientists could reverse engineer

Reminder then in Iron man 1, Shane and his team of scientist were able to build a iron man tier suit, capable of flight and all. The only problem they were having with it was the arc reactor.

That's what I'm saying.

And the moment Shane stole Tony's original Arc Reactor, it stands to reason he had a plan in place to reproduce it after Tony's Death (since he tried to kill him).

"The technology is there, I'm simply asking you to make it smaller."

Starks problem is that he wants to protect the world, but he wont trust anyone else to do it.

Stark will NEVER mass produce his best weapons to give to nations for glibal defense. He loses control if he does that.

As for hammer drones in specific, im presuming Shield botteled up all of that as 'evidence', and then Hydra took it for their own uses. Where do you think the shitty pre-ultron hydrabots came from?

Difference there is he used the most genocidal power source going

Antman had the YellowJacket produced by non Stark or Hammer company. We just haven't seen the other militaries of Phase 3 yet.

I wonder if this could have feasibly been mass produced. Even in numbers like lightweight AT weapon replacement.

But they don't have access to the arc reactor, which Vanko (illegally) made for them. All of the ones at the Expo were destroyed by Stark, and seeing as the arc reactor is a patented Stark device, they cannot legally reverse engineer or sell it without serious financial repercussions.

It was something Vanko gave to them, and they lost.

Also this.

The US military and/or Hydra discovers the Destroyer.

They reverse engineer components of it, and make a gun off it.

Or is there suppose to be a tiny Star Industries logo because only Stark is capable of advanced weapons technology.

How would they do against the Ultron drones?

It's incredibly retarded to no ability to sell a product after you specifically ostracized its main engineer, be unable to make more of them should all your existing models be destroyed, especially if you intended to sell these to the military in large numbers.

You can say Justin did it because he is retarded, but still.

It would be like the Ford Company firing Henry Ford and then having no backup plan if their working models were destroyed and can't even build new ones.

Considering you can arm them with missiles, rockets, lasers, and they are as strong as a robot and as armored?

Mmmm, better than a man in body armor with an AR I'd say.

Ultron drones seemed remarkably shitty. These things came with rockets, howitzers, and machine guns. If the numbers were 1:1 I'd say Hammer drones.

There probably would be. These are literally just comic book movies. In the Marvel comic verse there's always some government group or supervillian that has manufactured a robot defense/attack force.

When faced against Ironman or say Hulk, they're always cannon fodder.

We already have seen multiple governments in the MCU trying to replicate the Ironman suit. It's been a few years, how far have they gotten?

What other companies besides Hammer is trying to break into this potential tech market?

How powerful would Hydra Germany have been if it survived into the modern era?

Or rather, if America used and modernized Tesseract Technology and didn't return it to Asgard.

>What other companies besides Hammer is trying to break into this potential tech market?
Bolivar Trask and his Sentinel Program. He started in the 70s actually.

>We already have seen multiple governments in the MCU trying to replicate the Ironman suit. It's been a few years, how far have they gotten?

And that's the problem, they are trying to replicate the manned suit. This limits the size and reduces the capacity for components. The drones worked and the world saw that, so why try running when they haven't even started walking?

And someone DID replicate an Iron Man suit without Tony Stark too!

Not the most advanced Iron Man suit, but enough to deal with the usual middle eastern threats nonetheless.

ultimate comics did this

the whole universe went to complete shit as you'd expect from all the constant invasions and explosions and world-ending events. most comics keep the status quo for a reason.

>Humanity with advanced technology and the air of superheroes fending off alien invasions
How do you fuck this up so bad

This is exactly what Vulture is doing in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Wait, wasn't Falcon's suit just an Air Force prototype? Just by that existing, there's gotta be some JSOC types with cool superhero stuff out there.

Yeah and in IM2 it confirmed many countries trying to replicate an Iron Man suit but none of them succeeded/were brought up again

In-universe America had energy weapons for a while, same with flying cars. The argument seems to be that they feared proliferation; that if they start using the tech in vast numbers, everyone else would. They were trying to avoid the Homecoming situation of having to FIGHT people with energy weapons. But now the cat is out of the bag.

This has an equivalent in real life.Chaff anti-missile countermeasure was invented by both sides of WW2. However, both sides were worried about not being able to use their own missiles if the enemy know about chaffs. So ironically WW2 never dared using Chaff countermeasure.

tony didn't say anything against the drones though, he just shows up at the expo and then the fight starts. if you're refering to the senate hearing, he was mocking the attempts at knockoff ironman suits, not drones; and even those he mocked for their disfuctions, not the concept

that laser costs an entire arc reactor's worth of palladium per use, that shits expensive as hell

>fired
he was never on payroll, justin was threatening vanko with the fact that he now had access to the mark ii, but the fact is it was just a threat, he still needed him which is why he only put him under guard instead of killing him

>There probably would be. These are literally just comic book movies. In the Marvel comic verse there's always some government group or supervillian that has manufactured a robot defense/attack force.
>When faced against Ironman or say Hulk, they're always cannon fodder.
Inverse Ninja Law.
When will government groups and supervillains figure out that builiding one super robot is far more effective than building an army of super robots?

that one is one of a kind made out of the destroyer from thor 1. they don't have the materials to make another since its asgard metal

they're dumber slower war machines, so they would dominate shitty ultronbots

since when do you threaten people you need?

black widow was deliberately aiming for the soft squishy bits, and she preferred the alien rifles when she got the chance

the vulture outright states that chitauri metal is indestructible to normal material, so its like being attacked by a vibranium-coated rhino, and being good enough to shoot the eyes everytime

It's implied in Iron Man 2 Tony managed to settle the Middle East down quite a bit just as Iron Man, between dropping by for "visits" and cutting off their weapon supply lines via defeating Stane.

Metahumans are the focus of warfare nowadays, not a bunch of goatfuckers in caves.

the hammer drones are excellent in theory

in practice, they seem useless, being ripped apart by the dozen by conventional weaponry, even warmachines SMGs

so they might be a thing in the future, if they fix its faulty AI, give it better armor, without compromising its speed, and not being expensive after all those purchases but as the current design stands they are pretty worthless in a fight

the given reason is that the manned iron man suit is leagues better than the hammerroids, and thus overshadowed them even in roles where unmanned expendable droids would be more useful

look at the incredibly stale reaction when he unveiled them, only thing missing were crickets

The issue is Vanko knew how to make the Arc Reactor. And even without that, it was obvious that even with blueprints it'd be an Iron Monger thing where it doesn't quite work as well as the originals.

>Iron Monger thing where it doesn't quite work as well as the originals.
Who cares, it's still HUGELY better than not having any sort of armor.

Stark's first Iron Man absolutely wrecked a well armed terrorist base. Imagine what the Iron Monger could do.

>The issue is Vanko knew how to make the Arc Reactor
I'm not 100% sure if the Arc Drones were powered soley by Arc Reactors. It almost feels like they were using a conventional power source.

Especially because Justin threatened Vanko and treated him as disposable.

If he needed Vanko as the golden goose to keep makning arc reactors he would. And even then, Stane was confident enough with his scientists to reveres engineer Tony's stolen Arc Reactor. It's not that unlikely Justin wouldn't either.

But most of all, if Vanko was making them Justin had more than enough ability to see him make them or at least know what materials are required to make them. Either knowledge is enough for other scientists to put together.

Hell, I'd settle for a lesser arc reactor too.

I would like to point out it seems highly unlikely one single hero could, for example, end the civil war in Syria or restore 1st world living conditions to Iraq or defeat all the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Even if they could its still clear from the Mandarin in IM3 that there are still terrorist presence in the middle east. Even if Tony did kill the Mandarin, those people there wouldn't just dissapear..

>Especially because Justin threatened Vanko and treated him as disposable.

That was a bluff. Vanko was always in control, but Hammer was such an idiot that he thought bluffing and puffing out his chest would work. Hammer took a LOT of risk and resources to get Vanko, and there's a reason why.

Also this discussion makes me wish that Iron Man 2 was a better movie.

No, but the threat of him would be enough to make a lot of radicals second guess their actions.

I doubt he'd single-handedly destroyed them, but I think by the time of AoU terrorism would be a moot point. Between Cap, Tony, Hydra co-opting the black market, among other factors, I doubt there's much left of the Taliban or other radical factions.

>I doubt he'd single-handedly destroyed them, but I think by the time of AoU terrorism would be a moot point. Between Cap, Tony, Hydra co-opting the black market, among other factors, I doubt there's much left of the Taliban or other radical factions.
The MCU governments are focused on future alien invasions, basically. At this point a few bombs going off is not worth wasting time on when the possibility of full on invasions from other planets are higher threats. Earth is literally not really to stop such things so it is the primary focus.

>ready

This. Terrorism is basically for fags by this point, considering the government basically knows about Thanos and his forces.

It doesn't help that despite clear and obvious alien invasions and supernatural threats, they still are fighting with the same old weapons.

Even Hydra Germany would have done better with superior technology like standard laser rifles which could disintegrate a single man in one hit, and tesseract nukes.

Then when the Government seems like it's showing a display of brilliance in creating the floating fortresses, lo and behold, it was Hydra all along.

Hydra might be a bunch of fanatical sociopaths, but it feels like if they were in control the world would be a much more advanced place and more able to fend off alien threats.

>Hydra might be a bunch of fanatical sociopaths, but it feels like if they were in control the world would be a much more advanced place and more able to fend off alien threats.
One assumes that the whole point with the future Thunderbolts is about such a taskforce.

I am not sure handing deathrays to the army would be meaningful. Or at least, there is still a fear of deathrays becoming standard equipment on the streets. I am pretty sure they HAVE the deathrays, but they wouldn't hand them out until they really are being invaded.

Hydra had the Tesseract AND Zola for 60 years

But weren't really in overt control of the military or economy. Though, that they did manage to bring together the resources for the flying fortresses is neat.

It does seem odd that they didn't try to make more tesseract weapons though.

Well, the US has been outright invaded at least once by the aliens. maybe by mutants but thats another story

Hammer didn't need Vanko. Hammer Industries was producing the arc reactors from Vanko's design, Vanko himself was useful due to his intelligence and creativity but Hammer had to have the arc reactor plans in order to build them for the drones.

It should be pointed out that HYDRA got wrecked by forces using those same old weapons.

>It should be pointed out that HYDRA got wrecked by forces using those same old weapons.
Hydra got wrecked by Captain America.

Before he arrived, they were winning and had captured many allied soldiers.

drones would just get hacked.

you need AI and have them take orders like any human would. it would be less efficient but more secure.

Current military drones are very difficult to hack and they're basically RC planes with missiles strapped to them. From what we see in IM2 the Hammer drones work pretty well with human controlled targeting.

>you need AI and have them take orders like any human would. it would be less efficient but more secure.
>From what we see in IM2 the Hammer drones work pretty well with human controlled targeting.

Targeting is the main problem. Even in IM3, Tony Stark nearly got Pepper killed because the drones didn't specifically got orders to not kill her.

Even with humans, friendly or civilian fire incidents happen constantly. So almost by definition you are going to get drones killing civilians if you send them out. This is currently solved by making sure there is a human at all times granting firing permission. But it also defeats the purpose of using drones if you don't respond fast.

Point is no one wants to be responsible for a civilian death. No programmer want to be held responsible for a drone killing the wrong person, so if they get blamed then you won't have any willing drone programmers. And no programmers means no independent drones.

>since when do you threaten people you need?

To try (and fail) to establish dominance. He was putting on a show because that's what Justin Hammer is, a showboat.

>Hammer didn't need Vanko. Hammer Industries was producing the arc reactors from Vanko's design

No, Vanko was producing the reactors. Hammer put his entire suit project solely in Vanko's hands. If it wasn't just Vanko by himself, I seriously doubt he'd have been able to create his own suit under Hammer's nose.

>Iron Monger adapted to be the Hulkbuster
>Hammeroids became the Iron Legion
Where the fuck is the Extremis armor?

Iron Lad's fat friend could hack that suit, they should just hire him

If that piece of shit War Machine can destroy them then literally ANYTHING can beat an Ultron Drone.

>if it survived into the modern era?
You mean if those filthy allies hadn't used the cosmic cube to rewrite reality?

Unless Vanko was forging arc reactors out of his own ass hairs he'd still need materials and machinery to produce them.

>Unless Vanko was forging arc reactors out of his own ass hairs he'd still need materials and machinery to produce them.

Materials? Yes. Machinery? Not exactly. It's not like Hammer has equipment designed to mass produce Arc Reactors. Even with all Hammer's resources, Vanko likely still had to make each Arc Reactor for the drones by hand.

>Iron Lad's fat friend could hack that suit, they should just hire him

Hacking software is not the same a being a greasemonkey or a physicist.

Stark was able to build his first reactor out of missile components and Vanko built his in his apartment. That would indicate that the majority of construction involves pre-existing parts. Even if Vanko was hand building each arc reactor he'd still need to get every piece to spec. Hammer could just hand the shopping list over to his researchers and have them work backwards.

>Stark was able to build his first reactor out of missile components and Vanko built his in his apartment. That would indicate that the majority of construction involves pre-existing parts. Even if Vanko was hand building each arc reactor he'd still need to get every piece to spec. Hammer could just hand the shopping list over to his researchers and have them work backwards.
Vanko would guard the reactor secrets closely as he considered it his father's inheritance.

Remember when Tony Stark asked for silly components that he doesn't actually need, when he was imprisoned? Vanko likely did the same things.

>Hydra had the Tesseract for 60 years after WW2
What? No they didn't.

Cap took it down into the Arctic in WWII.

They had only Zola for 60 years.

It's been well established that Hammer was a manchild who wasn't a rational person.

It didn't matter anyway since Vanko was always going to backstab Hammer and blow up the Expo in order to try and kill Stark.

Yes they did.
Howard Stark picked it up at the end of the movie.
They had Zola and the Tesseract.
What the retards don't realize is that SHIELD already had laser weapons, that's literally what the phase two was about in the first Avengers movie.

>Howard Stark picked it up at the end of the movie.
Clearly I need to rewatch the movie. Never mind then.

>Iron Monger adapted to be the Hulkbuster
Wasn't it adapted from Igor?

But in Winter Soldier all of SHIELDS stuff got dumped on the net or whatever by Black Widow.

>literal space marine ultramarine mixed with iron warriors

Not that they ever did any good.