So how's that comiccartoon idea even coming Sup Forums

So how's that comic\cartoon idea even coming Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

kayanimations.deviantart.com/art/Jessie-Pride-693850417
pastebin.com/RSAP9QGu
youtube.com/watch?v=LSo2NJ5JQIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just finished the second script and I'm working on the third. Not sure who to pitch it to yet.

I need to actually figure out how to write it as a script.

Trying to find information on script formatting is surprisingly difficult and now I'm looking at books about the format.

The idea itself is a fighting game plot played straight.

good!
currently have people negotiating a deal with Frederator Studios right now for a pilot.

That's good. How likely is it to happen? What are they about?
So OK K.O?

Still a cacophony of ideas I'm trying to weave together into a plot, but each time I work on it it gets just a little bit clearer.

Fucking nowhere ever since that chronic fatigue diagnosis

I wrote a silly one-shot but i need an artist, my art is too retarded.

I got the main character down, draw him constantly; vigilante priest inspired by Kanye West's religious discography

Dont know what story i wanna go for: Actual demons or demon themed gangsters; New York or Chicago?

Aiming for three books of it, each book based on a different Kanye West Album

Demon-themed gangsters sound better than actual demons desu.
Which albums are you going to make?

In this order:
>The Life of Pablo (that was the initial album that spawned the idea)
>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (second books gonna have a female antagonist)
>Yeezus (Send him off on a bang)

Each book would have a chapter named or atleast in reference to a song in the albums.

And I'm trying to decide whether the art will be in full color or in B/W with certain Colors (IE sin city)

Got the general concept down, as well as the core characters. Gonna start the pilot storyboard soon.

It's going pretty good, the plot for it is almost there and i'm still working on the character designs and so on. Here's a little early sketch I did of my main character today for fun: kayanimations.deviantart.com/art/Jessie-Pride-693850417
Yeah but anyway by December I should have the pilot script done along with the storyboard and so on.

Ok KO is pretty ironic in tone.

Not going to lie it's partly what made me come up with the idea but the show is too goofy to be similar.

It's more that the kind of wacky shit that happens in fighting game cutscenes are treated as if the characters actually live in such a world and it's not played goofy.

A dude suplexes a tiger because in universe he can outwrestle a tiger and slam it not just to suplex a tiger.

>What are they about?

Do you mean the episodes, or the show?

If I wasn't so lazy it'd be going somewhere. Why is the first page the hardest?

Sounds like a good idea.
Good luck user-kun.

Just keep going, I know what you mean the first page is the hardest but it gets easier over time :)

Just follow Anders Nilsen's advice: write/draw whatever's on your mind at a rate of one panel per minute. After an hour you will have a lot of ideas to work on.

The shows.
So what's the plot?

The show is the asylum cartoon idea I've talked about in a few cartoon ideas threads recently.

Trying to brainstorm my main cast of characters, but I keep coming up with character designs that I might not even use for the story I'm working on, I wonder how many characters I should design before working on stuff like locations and backgrounds.

You've actually expanded that into something?

Yeah. Why do you ask?

I have one I suggested to a friend who is looking to start a career in it, mostly because she would do better on the execution.

Though my biggest issue is that the setup works better as a sequel series as it is a subversion of the Magical Girl genre the way One-Punch Man did to superhero series

I have concept art of the main cast tho.

Can the faggot stop asking what the plot is and can anyone who isn't autistic enough to answer help to remind the autists not to post their plots?

Don't be fucking stupid.

This isn't evena Donut Steel thread (not that it gives any real difference) why would you expect anything you post on Sup Forums to get anything but stolen? If even for just a fraction of a scene in an episode or issue?

Threads like these seem, to me, to be made by faggots hoping to look good in their monday meeting after stealing a quick stupid idea and fleshing it out while getting high all weekend.

i can see where you're coming from but constantly fearing that people on the internet only want to steal your ideas also seems a tad autistic
although i don't post my ideas here either, i just come to these threads to see what the process of developing an idea is like

Got the plot. The main character. Even the story arc and the actual beat to beat of it.

Character design is actually the current hang up. Because I can't draw worth a damn it went writing first before visuals and the MC is sort of bland visually because his personality wouldn't lend itself to outward expression of that sort.

Or I might just be shot at visual design.

Honestly I'd be fucking amazed if that would happen.

And then I'd send buzzfeed a link to the thread and wait for the clickbait.

Comic's going really well, actually.

Good enough that I'm going to start a patreon. Not to put it behind a paywall, but just like a tip jar.

>buzzfeed
>defending Sup Forums
I'm gonna go find the marvelfag with the "haha"s to repost here quick.

I could also remind you of the plethora of artists and writers who claim to have made pitches to companies and had them stolen. Like the claim De Liz made about her Wondy pitch being stolen.

If they aren't backing actual professionals why would they defend someone who literally posted something in the thread without even the basic legal barrier of "this is mine don't take it." (which is why I mention a Donut Steel thread. Technically if you claim they stole it from this thread it would be hard to claim you ever meant to keep it a secret anyway. In a Donut thread the implication is in the name that you don't want it stolen. Legally there would be no case to make from an idea being stolen from a thread like this)

You're really invested in this narrative aren't you?

You're really invested in people posting plots, aren't you?

Why are you so opposed to me giving people advice?

Seems to me you'd have provided your own plot if you felt this was a good place to do so.

Do you want my plot?

Superhero who can use magic to enter the internet and bypass firewalls and hack and shit. He travels the dark web hunting child traffickers and degenerates while the SJW goverment quietly tries to keep their dirty laundry away from his influence. Based on Pizzagate. I call him The Troll.
Its a bad idea.

it has decent potential if you scrap the internet references, honestly

What should I name him then?

it's all internet references

Yeah but even I know that id get a niche cult following at best. Hence why I think its a bad idea. But I can't stop working on it.

pastebin.com/RSAP9QGu

I always put my ideas in a pastabin and never proofread it.

Well I'm going to post it anyways because I'm looking for opinions.

A psychic boy with seemingly no past or family wanders the world getting into adventures.

It's not slice of life but it's an adventure either. He gets into adventures fighting magic wielding Yakuza or duking it out with a dragon but the story is vagabond in theme. A continuous journey with no end or climax.

That seems interesting

>A continuous journey with no end or climax
So it's like Seinfeld or a Big 2 comic?

More the former than the latter.

Working on a self proclaimed super hero epic that would have over 100 issues of story as well as a minimum of 3 universes. Biggest issue isn't coming up with the characters or plot, but trying to figure out how to use powers in a way that hasn't been done before. Super powers in my universe are flashy, fast, and mean. If someone gets clocked by someone with super strength and they don't have a corresponding power like endurance, they're going down.

I know this is a petty gripe, but I actually dislike most of Spidey's confrontations with Ock in the Spider-Man 2 movie. Ock under no circumstances should be able to tank multiple punches and kicks from someone that can pick up a car. It just ruins the immersion for me because in some cases powers operate as they should while in otehrs the powers are gimped for the sake of story.
>I really liked this scene at first but now I see it as poorly written, but expertly directed.
youtube.com/watch?v=LSo2NJ5JQIM

good, pretty fun. got many basics down but nowhere near polished.
lot of stories I'm working out acually; got a oneshot ready to go (dunno if I'm ready to draw it though) but story1 and story2 are gonna need some time

seeing Sup Forumss reaction to other shit really helps enlighten me

You got a panel layout in mind or are you just going to leavel that to your artist? Also are you going more full script format or you using the Marvel method?

Decided to just stick with writing because hiring an artist is too expensive

Depends on what deal you work out with them. You can either pay them for the pages and you have ownership of them. Or you can present your finished scripts to an artist and see if they're willing to invest themselves in it so they can send it to a publisher. Also, in some cases publishers may actually pair you with an artist but this could be sketchy.

I have the characters, story, and setting all mapped out.

The only problem is nothing has a name. None of the characters, the facility it all takes place in, it doesn't even have a title. That's always been my weakness

Good.

I worried the no actual overarching plot would turn people off.

Nooo. I wasn't joking when I said big 2, seinfeldish. And to hear that its more like the Sein is a good sign.

Cape Comics are best as monster of the week deals with only the biggest baddies or stories necessitating 2 almost never 3 issues.

The decompressed 6-8 issue arc shit is for the birds.

the noooo in reference to your worries.

Not that user, but must admit I'm pretty envious. Didn't realize you were that close to getting anything done. Congratulations.
Never been much good at pitching cartoons myself. Did you go through the open submissions or do you have agents/talent managers.

I specifically mentioned that I haven't actually pitched it yet.

Did I misread? I thought you said you were negotiating a pilot?

Oh. Wait I'm sorry that's another user. Got my replies confused.

I'm working on scripts to potential episodes, which I might include as part of the pitch

I'm going writing a comic script about my life. I'm thinking of doing an American Splendor approach and having a different artist do a different issue in some cases.

I'm planning an outline for the first issue. It opens with me developing a new fear, then flashing back to some of the memorable moments in my life, maybe some of the unmemorable stuff too.

I'm making short episodic cards that have vague detail for a chapter idea, I've been making those because I didn't go for an English minor at college and I have no idea how to start writing everything out and putting it to order.

If you have the setting, and the ethnicity of the characters down then you can start looking at names within the cultures.
If it's scifi, good luck and try not to make them cringy.

Would comedy/horror still work for kids today? I was a huge fan of Real Ghostbusters back in the day, as well as Goosbumps, but I have no idea if I should even try to pursue it if the audience isn't there.

Courage the dog had that, it played with some pretty dark underlying things that the comedy tried to cover up. I think people like that a lot.

Rock Bottom from SpongeBob was also pretty anxiety inducing despite having a comedic front.

People remember those fondly, so I doubt there would be a lack of interest. I can't think of any current examples (that had real horror/dark themes) but it's never wrong to try and bring it back if you can make it relevant.

I'm working on something that combines comedy, horror, and coming of age stuff. It's gonna be a comic though. But I really want to help bring stuff like that back in general.

Me too, but the problem is I don't know if I'm misremembering my childhood or not. The very first scene I have is a boy opening his front door and finding a very polite skeleton with bits of flesh still here and there asking if he has the right house and if he could come in. Now I know I could handle weird zombie monsters, but was I just a weird kid?

Man writing raises a lot of self doubts.

Even if you were a weird kid you'll connect with an audience of new weird kids. Weird kids like to be entertained too.

I'm still working on the plot outline before I start writing the script.

Wait late response but that sounds neat.

So no plot at all?

A guy gets superpowers and goes to fight isis and kill terrorists.

Finally have a much clearer idea of the story I'm looking to tell. Got some decently developed characters, a little bit of history, and plot points for things I want to happen. Right now I'm trying to work out how all the characters relate to each other, who will cross paths, who should team up, yadda yadda.

rn trying to practice to draw or finish a version of the first 'chapter'.
I have a basic idea of the story but im keeping it to notes and documents of 'chapters' which ill edit and mix around to better fit altogether into once continuous story once read.
I cant go into the premise but the mc's names are Auddie, Matt, Vos and Mis.

Beyond episode plot of the week? No.

It's because the character has the Mad Max situation going on.

I'm just gonna draw some OCs and see if I can come up with some good ideas that I can spin off into a comic for myself.

It's about a dog that secretly controls the world.

Haven't started writing yet, but I'm excited and a little nervous about it. I write as a hobby, so all I have to be worried about is the finished result not being good and people hating it.

how does he do it?

I am the artist senpai

He's a master of persuasion.

Decently, I'm waiting on my friend to scan my pages in and color them, but my inking is getting better, and my pencils aren't shabby.

I'm writing a story. I want to tell it in book form, but the more I write and brainstorm, the more I think it might work better as a comic.

It's the adventures of a Psychic detective who does nothing but suffer. Poor guy can never catch a break.

Then you already have a leg up that many individuals on Sup Forums don't have. Also do you write full scripts for yourself or do you have basic ideas, draw the pages, and then fill in the blanks?

Writing the script to the pilot episode/comic

I wanted to do something like this, only the main character is stuck with an Iron Man-style suit he can't conveniently recharge or fix whenever something goes wrong with it.

Would Sup Forums read a slow-burning comic about camping in a fantasy world? Think Gunnerkrigg, modern technologies intermingling with the supernatural, but it's about a group of young men backpacking, hopping on trains, setting up camp, etc. and doing "adventuring jobs" on the side.

It's coming along well enough, animation is just such a tedious process

Story is outlined. Characters are all named/designed. Need to work out some of the backgrounds before I get into it.

I get stuck between character options too easily. I'm trying to decide if I want my family of characters for one setting to have different psychic powers or not. Doesn't affect what little story I have so far at all, just might spice things up a bit. Setting is a kind of a neon-lights-and-steam-powered-technology Edo period Japan.

Trying to make a comic with /ss/ themes.