Name a more retarded and useless plot twist

Name a more retarded and useless plot twist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=xdyGfiIirD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay, name what you thought Boomhauer's job was before finding out he was a cop?

Twilight becoming an alicorn

Auctioneer

I don't think you know what a plot twist is.

>Name a more retarded and useless plot twist

Pic related is the biggest ass-pull of a twist in cartoon history. Fuck it.

So what exactly does him being a Texas ranger add or change to the greater lore of the King of the Hill Universe?

You want an asspull user? Well too bad, I'm not going into a long winded tangent about the SJ series finale. All I'll say is i would've done it differently and leave it at that.

His first name is Jeff?

The Vulture being Liz's father.

Back to your board horsefucker

Given all the times they commit legally questionable acts, or the time they got held hostage at gunpoint, it makes you wonder. Did Boomhauer not do anything because he wanted to keep his job secret? Why would he want to keep that secret? Was he there to keep an eye on Dale? It raises a lot of questions, which would be kinda obvious if you had watched the show.

Nothing, it made no difference besides a neat trivia

It subverts the social dynamic of the alley gang as seen by the audience. The whole series we are led to believe that Hank was the most respected and high-status of his group of friends, but in fact Boomhauer; a character that reduces to a simple funny voice joke most of the time, had the most prestigious job out of all of them the whole time. This helps to drive home the fact that Hank's leadership of the alley gang stemmed from his inherent qualities and good judgment, not from external status.

I liked that.

That's not a plot twist at all, it was just a little answer to a question/myster many people had throughout the show's span, that's it.

It's just as shitty as "Property of Peter Parker" and "Martha".

a texas ranger is just a shittier cop

The reveal of Robin in the Dark Knight Rises
Captain Americas "Hail Hydra" twist
Amon from Legend of Korra was secretly the never mentioned brother of Tarlock, what a small world, totally ruined Amon as a concept

That's less a plot twist and more a big reveal

And? Hank was a propane salesman, Dale was a failing exterminator, and Bill; while in the Army, was a barber. Clearly Boomhauer had the most prestigious job out of them.

Do you honestly think people in law enforcement are 100% law abiding citizens all the time? I'm a cop and I've seen officers who still smoke weed, drink and drive, trespass, ect. Being a cop is a job, not a way of life

>a shitty knockoff cop
>less prestigious than an army barber or a propanse salesman

cops never do anything wrong

In Texas? Absolutely.

>being a barber is a low scale job

Do you know how much good barbers can make in a day? Certified barbers can charge anywhere to $15-$20 for their services and exceptional barbers can charge even more. Honestly, people who knock on trades really have no idea what they're talking about

Look, I don't know what issue you have with Texas Rangers, but I'm betting that if you asked Hank, Dale, and Bill they'd all say that Boomhauer has a better job than them. They would see being a Texas Ranger as prestigious, that's the point.

That's not what I was saying user.
>I'm a cop
Ok, that explains the lack of comprehension.

Texas Rangers are the cops who DPS call.

I'm not talking about pay, I'm talking about social respect and prestige in their suburban Texas town.

Clearly he was affiliated with ISIS

I don't think you know what a plot twist is

underrated

>yfw he actually goes to jail
>yfw black people outside of Minnesota riot
>yfw black people inside Minnesota celebrate because they hate Somalis and cops

naw, black cops are seen as turncoats
errybody finna get lit rn

Remember the last time a Muslim tried to attack people in Texas it was at a gun show.

And y'all say Texas is retarded.

that seems like....a really dumb place to try and pull ANYTHING.

The twist of DC's Dark Metal being that the Meta's all have 8th metal in their blood.

Actually all the idiots/liberals reside in Houston and Austin

If you actually catch what he's saying, the man is actually the most intelligent of the 4. They actually seek advice from Boomhauer often, but often don't completely understand him.

He was apparently an electrician at one point. And becoming a cop would mess with the dynamics of his group friendship. Probably, mainly Dale, who Boomhauer does not like as much.

Boomhauer was always a bit of a mystery.

>When Boomhauer was trying to tell the fire chief Dale did it and the fire chief just didn't understand him.

I see cops dealing drugs all the time. We have a big meth problem around here.

Fair enough

>Given all the times they commit legally questionable acts
To counter that, consider when Bobby killed that endangered bird while 'snipe' hunting

Boomhauer told the truth that the bird was in the cooler, the cop he told just didn't understand him

It would have been useful at a great number of points

>Name a more retarded and useless plot twist

Most of the ones where a supposedly dead character is actually okay, especially when it makes no logical sense and/or weakens the story.

So Final Fantasy 8?

I wouldn't know, I haven't played that one.

What idiot would? Everything after 7 is just shit.

Oh, I know that Boomhauer is intelligent, the writers actually slipped some pretty clever references into his lines (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Troma films, just off the top of my head) but most people don't catch those, to the audience at large he's just a guy who talks funny.

It least it establishes him as being a jerk claiming he needs to do crime just to survive and yet you see he's not just surviving but living in an unreasonably lavish house.

What? That never happens. VIII's terrible plot twist was that most of the characters grew up together in an orphanage but forgot.

>VII fanboy

Kys, you fags wouldn't know a good final fantasy game if it bit you in the ass

>Doesn't believe the Squall dies theory

You poor naive child

>implying i don't enjoy the head smashing difficulty of 3.

Retard.

It means Dale was onto something, and Boomhauer was keeping an eye on him.

But that's only if you consider the later episodes to be canon.

Wouldn't that make Dale more accurate than Alex Jones and Ghost?

>Did Boomhauer not do anything because he wanted to keep his job secret?

That's the most rational explanation. He was an undercover kind of cop. Those guys are some the biggest secret keepers you'll ever met. Their are cops in this world who only like their department chief even know their cops.

It adds to Boomhaur's air of mystery and explains why he's also so self-reserved. In keeping one part of his life very secret, he's keeping a lot about himself secret too, just out of habit.

Also cops aren't perfect, they pull illegal shit all the time. It depends on their own morals. My dad is a cop and fucker drinks and drives a lot. My friends dads a cop and I shared a joint with him because he doesn't care about weed.

Most cops seem to think they're above the law and follow only when others are looking.

"Nora" in Steven Universe.
The fact that the little bitch was crying the whole time was the worst part.

The Mandarin being just an actor and fake.

Worst plot twist in a movie. Just completely cheap and takes the wind out of an all and tension in the plot.

Well, you got us there.

The Mandarin was supposed to be like Bin Laden.

Gotta be brutally honest here.

Not talking about you specifically, but as a town/city/county/state officer that's granted an amount of power over the people, that also means that you have a responsibility to the people to be, if not morally, then at least legally righteous. You can't arrest a college campus worth of people for smoking weed and then go smoke weed yourself, or arrest somebody for killing a man for looking like a criminal when you shot somebody a year ago because you suspected he had a gun in his waistband. You make both yourself and all other cops look like a bunch of hypocrites and criminals that have a fetish for oppressing people.

How did Hank, Dale, Bill, and Boomhauer, who were friends in high school end up living literally next door to each other as adults?
Did they all decide to find four, unoccupied, available houses to buy at the same time?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Bill didn't charge for haircuts, he was an army barber.

Presumably, he gets paid whatever low level non-combat army guys make, which is probably plenty for someone who lives alone like Bill

Maybe they all took over there parents houses?

>B-buh... muh trope subversion
Worst twist ever. It didn't even make any sense

That's when I dropped the series

nothing and it was at pretty well the end of the series so who cares

It takes time, it's a lot more common in small towns than you think. Probably bill or hank lived there and then a house came open and they recommend it to their friend. Then another one a few years later until the last friend has to move there now. Something like that at least

You mean you didn't see it coming from a mile away ?
Because that plot point was so blatantly set up it was just a matter of when it was going to happen.
It's hardly a twist.

>that episode when all the parents were scared about the town's kids moving away when they grew up
>Peggy being very concerned that one of her students wanted to be an astronaut because it wasn't a job they can do in Arlen

Are small town people really like this? They expect their kids to want to live in one town for their entire lives?

If they leave then you're fucked when you get old. What do you think is going to take care of them? The government? That's a death sentence.

Who do you think moved in first? last?
Obviously Hank would be first since he was looking for a place to raise his child, then I would say Dale simply because he was the Towel Boy and used to following Hank around.
My third pick would probably be for Bill since he had to adjust to civilian life and get married and divorced and then Boomhauer would be late to the game because of Ranger school or whatever and probably just explained it away as him being on a sex binge with his brother or something. I think that would keep Hank's mouth shut since he's such a prude and nobody else would question he'd do that. Perfect cover story.

>Near the end of season 1, Boomhauer talking about the dangers of smoking using car parts
>says you'll end up like RDJ in a hospital bed

>They actually seek advice from Boomhauer often, but often don't completely understand him.
youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw

The idea was fine, the execution was the problem.

the good jokes make me go blind for a couple seconds
this was one of those

>library's gone
Fuck I'm mad again.

don't make me cry again user

youtube.com/watch?v=xdyGfiIirD8

>just a couple episodes before she was talking about how important her old books were because of the memories she made with them
RIP Golden Oaks

It would fit though. Imagine him as the auctioneer at the Barrett Jackson auction

That's not really a plot twist though.

Those dubs don't lie

>allowed the rise of glimmy
>retarded
>useless

>even on Sup Forums you can't escape glimglamfags