SDCC 2017: Steven Universe

youtube.com/watch?v=zEP5NncEea8

So, according to one of the various attendees of the panel, the trailer above demonstrated the characters looking serious and distressed (with the voices of Pearl, Greg, Lapis being heard). At one point a silhouette is shown of what appears to be White Diamond and her minions. Lapis is apparently shown yelling via a cell phone transmission. Lapis is seen with Peridot and her hand is on her arm, she squeezes it and walks away. There's a scene of Peridot looking up and saying how they should defend their home. Last scene shows a space ship spiraling down to earth, crashing.

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFZzE3-3zuo
rollingstone.com/culture/rebecca-sugars-steven-universe-is-a-cartoon-empire-w485887
ca.ign.com/videos/2017/07/21/steven-universe-save-the-light-squaridot-gameplay-trailer-sdcc
soundcloud.com/jeff-liu/tower-of-mistakes-official-version
soundcloud.com/jeff-liu/on-the-run-official-version
copypaste-official.tumblr.com/post/153780980732/screenshots-from-what-is-likely-though-not
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No date for new episodes? These constant hiatuses went a long way in killing my interest in the show.

One more thing, there's going to be a livestream featuring the cast of the show in a few minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=KFZzE3-3zuo

>thoughts?

Sucrose should be give 10 episodes to wrap up everything and then the series should end. I'm sick and tired of waiting months for a bunch of filler shit and enthusiam for this show is clearly waning.

>Though there's nothing to suggest Steven Universe will end any time soon, the fifth season is the last one to be fully plotted out

rollingstone.com/culture/rebecca-sugars-steven-universe-is-a-cartoon-empire-w485887

There's like 20 episodes remaining (barring renewal).

cant wait for 3 actual plot episodes and the rest of it going to be filler episodes that takes place on the pier.

Are there new gems?

ca.ign.com/videos/2017/07/21/steven-universe-save-the-light-squaridot-gameplay-trailer-sdcc

Squaridot!

>ca

press people in the press room saying its confirmed, wish i couldve heard it from rebecca herself or some other cast/crew person

>press people in the press room saying its confirmed
That's... kinda of vague, bro.

Brilliant! she's on the to do list.

No good trailer yet?

>I won't let my son....
Wait. Rose?

Unless CN actually gets off their asses and upload it to YouTube, no.

> No Rose
This is bullshit.

I don't think the series needs to end. Just the entire overarching conflict.

It should pull a DBZ and setup an entirely new conflict.

No it's 'I won't let myself'

Lapis is just saying 'i don't want to be in another war'

I won't fault you for that though, it's hard to hear.

So, Lapis is just gonna bail out on Steven and the Crystal Gems?
This best be a "changed my mind, kid" thing, else Lapis is gonna come off as the biggest bitch in the show.

bitch is good. bitch means personality.

she's a selfish coward

Well...

honestly it just sounds like Han Solo 101 to me

Lapis bails not wanting to get caught up in things only to return at the last minute to save Steven

This is SU.
It could be anything.
This could be a nitpicked piece of an SoL episode where she accidentally refuses playing pretend in a water fight.

>SDCC poster shows the Diamonds on it.
>Apparently not in the trailer according to people who saw it.

Meh.

I don't think the series should end, it should just introduce an entirely new overarching plot.

>I don't think the series needs to end

Most of it's primary characters have resolved their arcs. At this point stretching the series out would just make things work. It's far better to have 50 good episodes than have a show run into the ground.

>No Jasper in the sneak peek

HHHHAHAHAHAHA

She's going to be unbubbled at the end of the show and have no lines isn't she

yes but
>still no jasperedemption
>lapis still sucks
>still no WD
>still no PD on screen
>we dont know how PD died
>corruption cure
>the cluster is still alive
it has to go on

Well I am saying introduce an entirely new story arc.

And all of this stuff could have been resolved in half the time it takes the show to semi resolve these questions if they actually had competent writing teams.

how does that make her a bitch? She has no stake in the Earth, and has already experienced hellish war firsthand as a neutral bystander.

Other than Steven and maybe Peridot, she has nothing to protect on this doomed planet if the Diamonds are truly intent on coming back.

make a wish kid said kimberly brooks has been recording recently, might just be for a jasper flashback or something though

Honestly I never got why she just didn't leave for another planet that wasn't under gem control.

well, she is

yes what is wrong with abandoning people who literally saved your life like 3 times in their hour of need

doesn't seem selfish at all

because shes not gonna help the people who care, love and protected her.

skinny jasper and carnelian are also voiced by brookes.

Remember that voice actors play all gems of their "type", too. Kimberley is all jaspers, not just Jasper, so she could just be voicing a White Diamond mook.

Like lapidot but good

those and holly blue agate are one off characters that will never be seen again except maybe at the end of the show

if not jasper jasper then it'd be a new jasper or group of jaspers, but the make a wish kid was told that jasper's va had been coming to the studio a lot at the same time she was told that jasper was coming back

i hope someone can get some hints from jasper's va at the su convention she is going to next month

some people where tweeting about seeing a polyamorous relationship on SU.

I think that's too far. Those relationships are based on selfishness and gratification. There not like couples

you talk as if their "hour of need' doesn't ensure absolute defeat in the hands of enemy forces.

Unless Pearl and Garnet have other important secrets to protect hidden in that temple that is worth risking their lives iver, Lapis is absolutely in the right to high tail it out of there.

Every day Jasper isn't confirmed is a treasure.

Looks like there will be an episode(s) about Peridot attempting to convince Lapis to stay and fight for Earth.

everything hurts

but we all get what we deserve, don't we

Well I got Lapis ruined by Zuke so I suppose you're right.

On the bright side, it looks like Sugar finally realized the pompadour looked fucking stupid and is growing her hair back out.

Steven Universe is a show utterly bad in building up a good climax with a schedule worse than some mangakas with their work and the fans are literally too dumb to hold a phone in such a way we get good footage.

wouldn't they all be dusty rocks? earth at least has tv

if you're caught with a camera you get kicked out

They told him to stop recording though.

Blue Diamond's teeth looks like a mustache in that pic.
you can't unsee it now

Jasper is literally confirmed to return we just dont know when

She literally didn't care about leaving without exploring the world before. If anything she could just grab a ton of tvs and videogames and tapped shows and fuck off to a lonely planet. Every time she gets bored or runs out of movies she could just fly back and pick more up and return to the dust bowl planet

on the last episode, when they heal all the corrupted gems

she won't have a line or an arc

Motherfucker...

>Jasper
That's just Skinny, fatsper is dead forever

Shut the fuck up, Rebecca is cute and should be loved

Nice double dubs. I'm disappointed they weren't in it too, it's kind of annoying how absent they are considering they're supposed to be the main antagonists.

Now, now, I do not approve of all the Rebecca bullying that has been going on lately, but saying that she is cute is a bit of an exaggeration, user.

she's not cute as in "i want to do her", but rather like "i want to protect her smile"

Garnet and Pearl third outfit when?

i'm beginning to wonder if these were the outfits they always wanted for the gems and we're stuck with these ones now

I'm more surprised we still haven't gotten a new Peridot or Lapis outfit

where are the stars?

Who needs the update for the "final" opening, then, if these are the final outfits?
inb4 it was Lars and next ep has a new op featuring him.

lapis aint getting stars if this arc is happening

actually she could easily get one at the end

what's going on is pretty obvious, she runs away not wanting to get involved and being selfish but then comes back because she realizes how much she cares about all of her friends

and thus finally becomes a real crystal gem

Alright, i have watched this show for four fucking seasons now, when the FUCK is amethyst going to get a real song?

As soon as her voice actress is able to sing

she cares about steven and maybe peridot

the crystal gems she loathes for keeping her in the mirror. she just can't be bothered to pick a fight when she could watch tv

i can imagine her taking the diamonds off her uniform though.

steven sang "strong in the real way", that didn't stop it from being pearl's song, and by the same token it doesn't stop "on the run" from being amethyst's song

she has to leave because she's too OP on earth. otherwise she could just bitch slap HW with all of earth's water

plus she has to get back together with her one true love

Amethyst got On the Run and Tower of Mistakes.

I disliked both at first, but they grew on me pretty fast. Sardonyx kind of stole the show in that part of the episode so it kind of ruined Amethyst's bit with Tower of Mistakes

soundcloud.com/jeff-liu/tower-of-mistakes-official-version
soundcloud.com/jeff-liu/on-the-run-official-version

Tower of Mistakes is so short it's barely a song.

>Lapis deflects but comes back because of Peridot, thus making Lapidot canon

I can see, no... I can FEEL the rage. It's glorious. If only.

We know that won't happen. Zuke's ship was uprooted and destroyed in her own words.

Is it too much to ask for a little Amedot content?

Just a little bit?

Yes, Amethyst is a shitty character.

I mean is it too much to ask for Peridot and Lapis to interact with anyone other than Steven?

I don't have much involvement with the fanbase. What exactly happened with Zuke? All I know is she apparently went berserk.

this was alledgedly her blog: copypaste-official.tumblr.com/post/153780980732/screenshots-from-what-is-likely-though-not

Writer got the opportunity to work on SU
She liked Lapidot (Lapis and Peridot)
She tried to make it canon (Her episodes ranged from decent to boring, usually blown out of proportion, t b h)
It didn't work and she got fired
She took it as a personal attack to her and progressiveness and just general stupid behaviour
Now people hate her and Lapidot

Note: Most Lapidot haters usually are fans of another ship, watch the show and make up your mind, in the SU fanbase, everyone, EVERYONE is cancer, do not let them fool you.

The End.

So i guess we will never know who was on the grassy knoll.

good comment my friend

Was Zuke actually fired or just quit? She mentioned recently she still works at CN, just not on SU anymore.

She quit and moved to another show.

Discuss

Whoof. That's quite a meltdown. Thanks for the info.

Lars and the new villain look cool

Why does Blue Diamond look like one of those angry Japanese delinquents you see in anime and manga

I want to fuck Lars!

>sharing someone and trusting a mutual partner
>selfish

Gay pose
Gay cape
Lars and the off colours are cool so I hope this is good
Is that Stevonnie in the little ship? I fucking hate when they use her instead of just Steven for no reason

>plus she has to get back together with her one true love
Steven?

Yes.

getting real hard to give any fucks about the show with how they go on hiatus after every fucking 15 minute episode

That looks fucking radical.

80's as fuck