Hasbro Announces ‘Jem and the Holograms: Dimensions Anthology

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/21/hasbro-announces-jem-and-the-holograms-dimensions-anthology/

Hasbro’s Jem and the Holograms may currently be out touring with the “Infinite” crossover mini-series, but they’re already plotting their next move with the just-announced Jem and the Holograms: Dimensions.

This new series from IDW Publishing will be an anthology comic set in Jem’s world and will bring a rotating roster of talent into the mix, as well as some Jem mainstays, to tell new adventures, with two self-contained stories per issue.

The debut issue sees writer Kate Leth (Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!) and artist Tana Ford (Silk) jamming on a Dungeons and Dragons game night where Jerrica plays the role of Dungeon Master and even Synergy joins the fun! Just as exciting, Sophie Campbell returns to the world of Jem, writing and illustrating a story about the Misfits on a ski trip gone south when Pizzazz’s cat is on the loose!

Sarah Gaydos, IDW Group Editor says,

“Sophie, along with series regular writer Kelly Thompson, took the classic Jem and the Holograms concept, and reimagined it for a new generation of Jem fans. Now, with Dimensions, the floodgates have been opened for creators new to Jem to come play in Kelly and Sophie’s arena for an all-star jam session.”
Jem fans can rest assured that Thompson won’t be going far, though, and can anticipate her return to the series before you can say “Showtime, Synergy!”

Issue one kicks off in November with main cover art by Tana Ford and variant covers by Jem art team founding members Sophie Campbell and M. Victoria Robado, plus Eisner-nominee Derek Charm (Star Wars Adventures).

I would just like to point out that after a three decades long absence, Jem and The Holograms are getting new stories and all kinds of spinoffs continuously.

It's an outrageous world that we live in!

why are they playing d&d? do they still do music?

What I don't get is why Hasbro hasn't tried to do a cartoon/toyline to revamp the brand...I mean maybe it would be a conflict of interests since they already have Equestria Girls, but it does seem like they've been trying to push Jem pretty hard and at the end of the day they ARE a toy company

Because they were stupid enough to let Universal try and make a movie, and that's sunk any hopes for the brand for the next 15 years.

First Young Justice and now this. Today's been a good day.

Well that seems...
>Kate Leth
...dead on arrival.

I'm glad Sophie Campbell is back. Her art is what made the book good.

Rose Quartz has lose some weight

Awesome!
>Kate Leth
FUCK
FUCK NO
NO
GOD NO, NOT MY FAVOURITE BOOK
NO
NOOOOOOO

Weren't there only three Stingers

Raya was a member for a bit.

>Kate Leth
It's like IDW hates me personally.

Why are they all fat?

Stormer is fat, the rest are just, not twigs.

>Kate Leth
D R O P P E D

Because these comics are going for a certain audience, the young adult female one, and it's not like you'd buy them either way.

Also what said

>Kate Leth
It's not like I'm buying it anyway.

>Kate Leth

Wow, it's like a special forcefield built to repel my money

At least Sophie is still on one.

No idea who this is. Is she objectively bad or Sup Forums-doesn't-like-her-because-reasons bad?

If the live action movie had been a hit, I think they would have tried.

Sophie's designs don't translate cheaply to toys. Also tricky is that you really, realy need music.

Sophie does fat girls like frank miller does strippers.

If you're lucky, some user will do one of her comics for this weekend's storytime of pain. Possibly hellcat or Power up.

Haha child you're in for a shitetasteathon

She is a writer that would have much more success writing childrens comics if she could it back a bit.

>Is she objectively bad or Sup Forums-doesn't-like-her-because-reasons bad?
Both. She is that winning combination of shit writer and shit person.

>Sophie's designs don't translate cheaply to toys.

I mean it's not like that would be an issue, how many toylines just for Transformers does Hasbro put out at a time that are unrelated to one another for different demos? Same could be done for Jem, they do that with MLP to an extent too

>Stormer is fat

Pretty sure her name is Snacker at this point.

The core line is fashon dolls, which rely on interchangable clothing.

Also look at the track record for fat dolls.

MLP and transformers are different, in that they are proven properties that already sell a lot of shit, and historically have.

I could see them taking a risk for GI joe but not this.

>Also look at the track record for fat dolls.
Like I said though that shouldn't be an issue, the comic book is obviously catering to the young adult feminist audience, it's not like they would make toys of IT for kids, but if they're trying to bring back the brand in a significant way they could make a version of it for young girls which would sell dolls plus it's not like they cast any fat actresses in the Jem movie.....like I said, Hasbro is used to putting out different lines for different demos, Transformers had Rescue Bots for the "pre school" crowd, Prime for older kids, and simultaneously put out stuff catering to adult fans and Bayformers fans all at once.....similarly they sold the MLP Funko figures targeted towards adults with the main toyline being marketed at kids, or currently the thing they're attempting with "Guardians of Harmony" going for a unisex market alongside the brushables and the different EQG lines

>The core line is fashon dolls, which rely on interchangable clothing.
I feel this is closer to the actual reason, which is they don't want to step on their own toes...they aready have Equestria Girls as their current "Barbie" line, so they don't want to compete with themselves possibly

Hasbro could always just make merchandise other than regular dolls.

They're not all fat.

Just the cutest ones.

Bump

Like what? Who would buy it? There isn't exactly a huge adult Jem fanbase, it's rather niche. I feel like if Hasbro were to revamp the brand they would need to bring it back to what it was, and that's selling dolls to kids

huge jem fan but they lost me when they decided to pander to tumblr sjws and throw fat lesbo action in a girls comic. no thanks.

I keked

SJWs can have "their" Jem. If you support none of it, it will be gone forever. Hasbro clearly wanted to bring this brand back....Hasbro is a kids toys company first and foremost, this means they would put out as many different Jem things as possible, but because nobody cares they won't

>Jem/Misfits exist in IDW's Shared Hasbro Universe
>But they comics they do of them doesn't
Why

Who knows

Tonal clash, given the slaughter of 1 billion humans on the part of Megatron, especially in New York. Not to mention the various threats to the world, especially Dire Wraiths... I don't think anyone would like it if Rom just showed up out of nowhere, blasted some people, and then flew off.

>Kate Leth

Oh god fucking god diddly damn it. Also why does every other character apart from Jem herself look like they have been drugged out of their mind?