JSA Storytime: Mr. X

Good evening owls,

Volume 2, which is apparently very different, but here we go

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/888553414547787776
community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?85701-How-do-you-feel-about-Duke-Thomas&p=2959593&viewfull=1#post2959593
twitter.com/DocShaner/status/888531922305118211
newsarama.com/35539-sdcc-2017-dc-gerard-way-s-young-animal-panel.html
images2.mygola.com/sibelius-monument_8659832_m.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Captain america #695, Legacy's 53rd book by Waid and Samnee
>Starlin/Davis new Thanos OGN
>TERRIFICS by fucking Jeff Lemire and Ivan Reis
>Duke ongoing - The Signal co-written by Snyder and Tony Patrick
>new Dark Matter book Brimstone by Justin Jordan and Philip Tan
>all but one of the Dark Knights are revealed
>six Legacy one-shots from the retailer lunch

now that /our girl/ is confirmed, I'm praying that book is decent

we black and white

Terrifics is gonna be so bland.

I eagerly await the Discourse about the Duke book

Wait, no, I really fucking don't

I am so fucking tired but I really actually have to go jogging tonight or I'm going to tear out some hair

It's really weird calling The Terrifics DC's FF when they also have Challengers of the Unknown coming.

What could the bitch about? No Ivy book again or something?

I felt that was weird too.

I mean, don't undersell the Challengers man.

Hello, Storyteller.

Tinya confirmed! I mean, it was obvious it was her, but still.

Also, I kind of admire the sheer brass balls of DC here. "Hey, Fantastic Four fans. Got an itch needs scratching? Well we've got just the thing!". Crafty bastards.

I mean of course it will attract the ire of "why doesn't my fav Batfam have a book" but also if it doesn't sell, and why would it, there's going to be the "you're awful for not supporting this book" shit warring with the expected levels of Sup Forums racism

>we want different things with new characters so our favorite characters don't get replaced and we can try new stuff with good conscience
>publishers announces new stuff with new characters
>WTF why is this character getting a new book and not my favorite character
I hate Capeshitters, no offense to any of you fags, you guys are all cool and self aware enough.

This X-Men cover made me cry.

people all ready getting excited makes me sad. i wanna believe

Lemire can do character interactions when he actually wants to, I have hope.

I still remember the incredibly forced banter in JLU.

Holy Moley that was bad.

I'm so excited for Grand Design. I love Piskor

My first ever Captain America comic was a Waid issue, y'all can tell me I have shit taste all you want but I loved his run and will read this one.

Also TINYA CONFIRMED

Did he not want to in JLU then? Cause he seemed like he was excited about it and then...."Animal Man? Really?"

>why didn't muh favourite Gothamite get the ongoing instead of Duke
Maybe next time DC should replace your favorite fucking character because you're going to bitch regardless.

His classic run is actually getting an omni

it being a tight 4 member cast i think is a good sign.

right now it's the most exciting news outta comic con for me.

bc Morrison books sound great but i need to have them to believe

DC has really stepped up its trolling game since Rebirth.

Marvel has not announced a single appealing title for Legacy.

Oh and everyone seems to have missed it but Marvel are reviving Not Brand Ecch which is like the most pathetic and embarrassing thing they could do right now with how well received Rebirth is, how little hype there is for Legacy and how Legacy can already be described as "Brand X Rebirth"

Yep. You simply cannot win with this shit. I especially love "Why can't you just make your own book? Leave our stuff alone!", and then someone actually DOES go and make their own stuff, and the same shitters proceed to get pissy that something that doesn't appeal to them has the gall to exist. Goddamn.

I feel like JLU was mandated to a certain degree. And he can't handle large cast. People should be more fucking worried about the future, there's a possibility that Lemire ends up getting JSA or Legion.

Yeah, there's no energy at all over there right now

The fuck does this have to do with the JSA?

I can see Legacy underperforming even worse than Marvel Now Vol. 2.

Dark horse scenario: he gets REBELS

If Gillen/McKelvie aren't doing that Dazzler one shot I don't know why they even try

>Lemire ends up getting JSA or Legion.

or both!!!

lol n00b

People upset that a white guy is co-writing it and not letting the black writer do it solo, why doesn't Steph/Cass/Damian/Harper/muh Batfam favrite have a solo instead, etc.

DC has TWO Fantastic Four books and Marvel can't even put out one, smdh

I guess there's Moon Girl and the Fantastic Three and Marvel 2 in 1 but I don't see a FOUR on either of those titles!

this is quite the art change from Seth

this seems like something this thread might be interested in

Apparently is was announced the week before SDCC, but in Hellboy news Rasputin is finally getting his own mini and this December Hellboy will fight Krampus in the Winter Special

Gillen/McKelvie's LoSH or Gen13 would make me rock hard

CBRfags are already on this. I feel like I'm a masochist, I purposely go there to read shitty opinions and then get mad about the.

link links

>Gillen/McKelvie's LoSH
you cannot imagine the look of disgust on my face right now

not /ourgirl/ after all?

twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/888553414547787776

>This is not the same Character from Legion.

Maybe a Phase-y thing?

Also Lemire is writing Hawkman Lost and hinted he wants to write a Hawkman solo

Get that Moon Knight artist and let him do it DC
Repent for giving us another Lemire team

Do people actually like Gillen here? Enough to not get offended by the idea of him writing their favorite JSA/Legion husbando and waifus? Of course you are talking about yourself but I'm just asking a question.

Why are there so many people who want their favorite Bat Family member to get a solo book? That's fucking stupid.

I absolutely love Saturn Girl because Imra is best girl and the alpha bitch of the Legion. Would I ever want her to have a solo book? Fuck no, cause O know damn well that'd be a terrible idea.

If you fucks love these characters so much, maybe recognize why you like them and how they best function.

Universo Project is basically a solo arc for her and it wasn't bad. But yeah I don't know how a full book would do.

You know, way back when we still had faith in DC capeshit Lemire, he promised big things for Hawkman in JLU and failed to deliver any of them, so maybe he at least has ideas

i just had to enter 10 captchas what the fuck

I do!

Are you seriously asking why somebody wants their favorite character to have a solo book

Anyway most batfamily members and villains have had some solo book or mini of some kind

Consensus seems to be that he's solid as fuck when it comes to storytelling and craft, people just hate his dialogue.

I haven't read most of his stuff because it's all based around music and I just don't care.

>not using legacy captcha

Only Lemire project I'm excited about is his Black Hammer spin off with David Rubin

>link links
community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?85701-How-do-you-feel-about-Duke-Thomas&p=2959593&viewfull=1#post2959593
There's more stuff too but I only had this thread opened.

Is Jeff Parker writing anything besides Batman '66? He managed to salvage JLU as soon as he came in, but the comic was canceled after just one arc.

I have no time for what I know he'd do with LOSH which is all "40+ year old man being hip to the teenies, at least more woke than Mark Waid but accordingly without even the grace of being so obviously out of touch"

In a more just world Jeff Parker would be more prominent than he is

Future Quest is coming back inside September/October? I think.
I really want to know what Sharp and Evely are doing.

Universo Project was great, but that was just an arc. Imra's the team mom, plain and simple. A solo book would be a directionless mess.

>Are you seriously asking why somebody wants their favorite character to have a solo book
As a matter of fact, yes, I am. Why does your favorite character NEED a solo book? Do they have enough going for them to warrant it? Do you actually think they have a story that requires their own dedicated series to be told, or are you just looking for validation?

Especially consider that last question.

Hey thread, Vertigo announced a revival of this old Wildstorm thing, the American Way. I've never read it but the new one really intrigues me. Has anyone read it? Would it be good storytime material for us?

It's this thing I've been seeing a lot of the past couple years where there's this fixation on characters having "stories".

Like the best example I see is "Power Girl only has her solo and no other stories so she's a bad character". I mean, technically that's true because Power Girl doesn't have too many iconic arcs focused on her. But I think she's a good character at the risk of triggering that one user who hates her, just as a supporting character.

Doing some Future Quest related stuff with Shaner coming up. He's seriously underutilized and needs to get put on something higher profile.

By "stories" people seem to only mean "self-contained thing I can put on a rec list" and in reality those aren't all that common.

Fabok has something too, right?

I don't think I have ever read anything by Parker that wasn't at least solid. He is very good at fixing shit, too.

>vertigo announced
nobody cares

Apparently Doc Shaner was the one who designed all the characters for Terrifics

twitter.com/DocShaner/status/888531922305118211

I love Gillen besides Iron Man and Young Avengers and even that was good for being an extension of his Loki story

He's an astoundingly good fixer but also, yeah, never less than solid

Okay, I'd read his L.E.G.I.O.N. He can be mean and funny, and handle a team.

it's already out and basically a Calexist/Chaykiin comic

I saw that when I was looking for Seaguy Eternal news (lmao kill me). Doesn't terribly interest me, but it might be alright.

Parkerbolts were my jam

People seemed excited when the new miniseries was announced, but I haven't read the first one. I do want to read it, I just have not tracked it down yet.
T
he Vertigo Panel was pretty much "yes, we exist, we are doing something for the 25th anniversary, and then Snyder said that more Vampire is coming."

The Young Animal thing is on now, but I don't see any live updater.

Whenever something like this happens (good creator not getting a lot f work) I wonder if it's a cronyism thing, like just not friends with the right people.

Like maybe he should be a guy getting the push that Williamson or Orlando get?

Yeah, that book makes me think he could handle the various threads that I'd have to have in L.E.G.I.O.N.--large cast, moral ambiguity, good jokes

so, anyone ever seen an IRL monument that really blew your mind? I have one

I miss Parkerbolts. Or let me rephrase that I miss books featuring the Tbolts that are actually readable. I don't think anymore that best boy will have his character fixed.

so what's the shittiest thing you've read today, Sup Forums

>The Young Animal thing is on now, but I don't see any live updater.
newsarama.com/35539-sdcc-2017-dc-gerard-way-s-young-animal-panel.html
>Shawn Crystal promoted to regular artist of Mother Panic

Phase is the only thing that makes sense if this isn't Tinya. Or maybe he's bullshitting, and that amnesia somehow makes her a different character.

Either way, I'm suddenly less excited for this.

I want to dream

>:(

;___;

I skimmed through the Unfunnies

in good comics news today my copy of Kros got here! I also got an email from Jan Duursema saying they sent me the wrong sketch accidentally so they were going to send me another copy and I can keep the first one

I read Mangaverse Ghost Riders for the first time. Got some good chuckles out of it here and there.

Yeah, I had a tire blow out on the interstate and I spun through two lanes into the grass. Somehow managing not to get hit.

Popped by head into the Nightwing thread but I guess I wasn't actually reading.

holy shit that's awesome

I'm waiting on I forget what level I kickstartered at

Oh monument, sorry I read "moment"

This seems to be going in a more Will Eisner Spirit influenced direction. I gotta say I haven't enjoyed it as much as I did the Jaime Hernandez issues which really captured Golden Age comics storytelling. Not that it's bad, of course. Just as a JSA aficionado I've gained a real appreciation for GA comics.

Dammit.

They announced Young Animal was gonna be part of Vertigo now, right? That's pretty much what I felt it should have been from the beginning.

St. Paul's in London. I was expecting something like St. Patrick's in NYC which I've been to a trillion times but it was out of this fucking world. And I'm an atheist.

I LOVE YOU ANONS

It's weird how later editions of Bug will be blazoned Vertigo.

Thanks man, I actually refreshed newsarama but it seems like I had a cached page.
>Shawn Crystal
Well that's going to have a different feel to it from now on.
It has the same overall editor now, Mark Doyle

DC made a joke that Lemire took a break from writing while he was at marvel

that's fucking scary!

It's beautifully crafted--you could teach any page--but it's really lost the cleanness to the art in favor of a grotesque stylization

TOYETIC
O
Y
E
T
I
C

Really? You wouldn't be into Gillen LoSH?

Cry for Justice was pretty fucking bad, but I've already sat through that piece of shit, so I only skimmed.

What honestly was the fucking point? Like, it starts off saying that superheroes need to be more proactive, but never actually takes any steps towards doing that. Ollie, Hal, either actually do something proactive, or shut the fuck up.

my personal favorite monument, or one:

images2.mygola.com/sibelius-monument_8659832_m.jpg

HI user ILU2

not even with a rented dick.

Looks way better than the sculpt from 2011.

McKelvie is easily one of the worst artists and people in comics right now. Fuck you.