DARKWING DUCK WILL APPEAR IN DUCKTALES REBOOT

JUST CONFIRMED AT SDCC

LETS
GET
DANGEROUS

ew.com/tv/2017/07/21/darkwing-duck-ducktales-revival/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Cummings
youtube.com/watch?v=375ENQbru8s
youtube.com/watch?v=lCrn-wrJW5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aPcp3EumoN4
youtu.be/YLavsYfgut4?t=60
youtube.com/watch?v=bN2T4fN3yg0
youtube.com/watch?v=EN-gbSNZPEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't wait for lewds of Darkwing boning Scrooge

hELL YEAH

Oh fuck yes, and they better get Jim Cummings to return.

Don't care, they have any news on Duck Avenger?

Don't you FUCKING DARE toy with my feelings like that OP.

STOP.

Jim Cummings is dead, dude.

He's BEEN dead.

You sure you're thinking of the right guy?

>Jim Cummings is dead, dude.
Uh no?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Cummings

He's got a twitter dude

This will only get me hype if it results in a spin-off...and if not, his appearance better involve either Steelbeak or Taurus Bulba

There's literally no point in getting excited if he won't be voiced by Jim. You just can't replace him.

The fuck....? He's a live and still does voice work. I doubt they'll get him back. They didn't get Terrance McGovern back.

He looks kind of ripped

>Ducktales brings in Donald at the expense of Launchpad
>Darkwing spinoff however makes use of Launchpad as a major character

THEY SHOWED MEGAVOLT TOO

Did anyone get a picture?

Fuck yes

He better be voiced by Jim Cummings. I will lose all interest if he isn't.

OH MY GOD YES
PLEASE TELL ME IT'S TRUE

Great news! I'll have to bring it up with Silviani at his booth tomorrow, see if he's heard anything!

They just had him at D23 talking about how voice work. He still does Pete, Tigger, Pooh and others.

OH MY FUCKING GOD HOLY SHIT OP

DARKWING AND MEGAVOLT TOO

This is the best fucking news I've heard in a long goddamn time.

I've never heard of that but I remember Darkwing/Launchpad was a legit slash fiction pairing thing.

Guess this is probably a joke but Jim's not dead, he voices every other character in World of Warcraft for the new expansions it seems.

The one who's dead is Gosalyn. Christine C, who also voiced Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory, Chuckie from Rugrats, Babe the pig and was in The Critic and a bunch of other stuff sadly passed away a few years ago.

I also wonder if they'll get Megavolt's original voice (who also plays Homer Simpson).

Does anyone remember when there was a big ugly, nasty war over whether Mabel or Darkwing would appear in a video game with ballot stuffing and name calling and then in the end neither of them ended up in the game but people made a ton of fan art of Darkwing fighting Mabel?

They HAVE to get Dave Castellaneta back as Megavolt. One thing about DWD was how integral the voices were to the characters.

>*DW jumps in and says a monologue*
>OOOOO THAT IS SO LIKE YOU!

I don't know why so many people here are acting all excited when they could easily fuck it up by not casting Jim Cummings.

Well Jim C is pretty tied to Disney so there's a very real chance he'd get recast.

Yeah but can they get the same voice actor for Negaduck to come back is what I wanna know.

>Yeah but can they get the same voice actor for Negaduck to come back is what I wanna know.

kek

I bet Tad Stone is crying right now.
Ducktales and Darkwing Duck are in the same universe. Fuck your alternate reality bullshit.

Apparently Tad Stone was the reason that Dangerous Currency was never reprinted.
Also weren't some of the comics in a Darkwing Duck book with all the Ducktales parts removed?

Anyway I hope Disney reprints this.
Also it's on comic scans if anyone wants to storytime it.

Dangerous Currency wasn't reprinted because it was terrible. Ian Brill was cancer to that book.

>darkwing duck and megavolt
Now all i need is a remastered or remixed darkwing duck opening and i`ll truly be happy.

>Ducktales brings in Donald at the expense of Launchpad
Launchpads in the show

I wonder what context he'll appear in; if he's a real character in-universe or he's a fictional superhero like Super Snooper.

I'm actually pretty hype they are adding him in. This better be real.
>Scrooge figures out Launchpad helps out Darkwing Duck
>becomes jealous
fund it

It's too bad the comics went downhill since some parts were really good. Looking forward to this. I'd love a DWD reboot too someday.

Jim regularly and constantly records for Disney as Pete, Tigger, Pooh, the Cheshire Cat, Kaa, and more. He will 100% be Darkwing.

Launchpad is in the show dude.

Oh okay

>darkwing duck ends up being a show huey, dewey, louie and webby watch.
>they are 5 or so minute long shorts
>launchpad appears in it as well and is voiced by Terrance McGovern since its a different launchpad.

I'd buy that for a dollar

This year keeps getting better and better

that was one thing I genuinely enjoyed about TMNT 2012 was the shows within the show

Well it's about fuckin' time!
Thread Theme Baby: youtube.com/watch?v=375ENQbru8s

This is a better version

youtube.com/watch?v=lCrn-wrJW5Y

Instrumental version > Lyrical version
youtube.com/watch?v=aPcp3EumoN4

I got into Disney Infinity literally a couple months before it was cancelled by Disney so I missed this but I'm not surprised.

What is with late 80s-mid 90s shows and the use of saxophones?

I don't know, but woodwind instruments sound amazing. Even the Tom and Jerry Kids theme song sounds great with an alto sax in the mix
youtu.be/YLavsYfgut4?t=60

*shrug* Clinton? He was really into the sax. Maybe it just rubbed off on the decade.

So I guess the whole "separate universes" thing was BS?

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 DARK WING DUCK WORLD WHEN!?

Ducktales 2017 is an all new Duck universe

I bet Darkwing is a TV character and he only appears in-show in snippets of them watching it as a series on 'Dukflix' or something like that.

Dangerous Currency wasn't reprinted because it's a literal bootleg. Disney did not have the authorization to make that crossover. Why do you think Boom stopped making Disney comics right after and the license soon went to IDW instead?

It was really big in the 80's for some reason. Loads of 80's movies and tv series had a saxophone intro song.

no one knows why

I would be so fucking mad if they did that.

Dangerous Currency is trash and doesn't deserve to be reprinted.

They should reprint the omnibus, though.

Why do people buy Disney comics? They literally aren't interesting and I say this as a fan of the cartoons. They aren't exactly fun as an adult.

What was the deal with the Let's Get Dangerous thing? Why didn't he become a mega badass right from the start?

Or was that his plan, to make his enemy think he's a bumbling idiot, while he concots a master plan

>They aren't exactly fun as an adult.
>as an adult
>adult

really makes you think

Can CN fall any harder?

Reboots are actually a sign of creative bankruptcy. Everyone is fucked.

>invader zim
>will likely capture the spirit of the original

so in other words, "lol so random garbage".
zim was so fucking trash.

While that may be true, a reboot's existence doesn't need to immediately equate bad

It is if it's coming in waves. I wasn't talking about individual shows. Even blockbusters and comic books are undergoing this.

THANKYOU JESUS

CN was the most dominant in the late 90's.early 00's while all the other networks had mediocre-trash cartoons. It was insane how higher quality the CN shows were.

the problem with geeks, right here, can't stop living in the past, they would rather no more of what they love, EVER if they dare to change some details that for the sake of keeping things fresh and up with times and even with life.

Get over it, your favorite voice actor won't live forever, it doesn't mean that the character has to go with him specially if its owned by disney

You're a retard. You act like it will be fresh if it's someone else. The character hasn't changed It will be the same exact character with the same exact personality. It's not like Ninja Turtles where each iteration is a different tone so it makes sense to have different actors. If a character is iconic and sounds a certain way, then have the person who has always done it do it again . If the person dies, fine. Get someone else. You aren't bringing in new people who are going to watch it because they're like "oh I'll watch it because of this person". They'll still watch it regardless, BUT you will chase away the people who popularized that shit. You literally gain nothing from casting new people but you do gain the support from the people who made the franchise what it is. Granted it's not everyone but it is a large portion of the audience.

Now that Darkwing exists, I'm hoping for Steelbeak and F.O.W.L. to be recurring bad guys in the new Ducktales. I know Megavolt is already in, but FOWL would be such a great evil organization. They could even try using the Beagle Boys in local schemes.

Depends on how close they want to stick to the idea that it's not tied to any previous show and recast like they did every other role even where the actors are still alive. Their casting has been on point so far so I could see them casting someone like Peter Serafinowicz or Rob Lowe. But I'd be happy to see the original VA's back (Though the VA for Bushroot passed on a few months ago, sadly)

When theres trouble... you call who?

Maybe in season 2

The police? Fire brigade? The Ghostbusters?

It's happening! It's finally happening!!!

If they get both Jim and Castellaneta back they'll have my goodwill forever more.

Jim just owns Darkwing and he and Dave played off one another so well.

Did you read the newest comics?

They where pretry great.

youtube.com/watch?v=bN2T4fN3yg0
>36:37

Apparently Jim and Michael Bell recorded DW and Quackerjack for Ducktales last year.

well, hanna and barbera were still alive.
youtube.com/watch?v=EN-gbSNZPEI