New Batch of DC Animation Movies Announced

Gotham by Gaslight
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
The Death and Return of Superman, which is gonna be a two-parter

twitter.com/DCComics/status/888613346588712960

Also anyone got any spoilers of Batman/Harley Quinn that can share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uFEHTAnsmGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The Death and Return of Superman, which is gonna be a two-parter
What?

Yeah, they said they're giving it another try but this time they'll be more faithful.

WBA running out of popular material to adapt it seems

Not gonna lie.

Kind of hyped for Death.

The Death of Superman? Again? There's a gazillion stories and they want to redo that one? maybe they're adapting the new 52 version and changing the continuity to Rebirth?

Didn't they already do this?

Also Emerald Twilight 3rd movie?

>Yeah, they said they're giving it another try but this time they'll be more faithful.
Fix this one first.

how many times does superman die in dceu?

I know a lot of people, myself included, are annoyed with how much Batman is in these DTV movies, but why not adapt Knightfall instead of doing Death of Superman again?

Why did DCA movies go to shit? There was Flashpoint, Red Hood, and WAR was alright too, but then they just took a nose dive.

Too many to the point where it doesn't even matter
Superman is the Krillin of the DCU where he dies every other even and gets brought bacmlk immediately after

Jesus just give me a Doom Patrol movie.

But Doomsday was good because it was unfaithful.

I don't get it
why

When they decided to start adapting the New 52, not realizing that iteration was living on borrowed time.

Remember when DC animation was good?

Not thrilled they're doing something a second time, but at least it's not more of this shared universe they've been doing.

Superman's death was such a fucking shitshow when it originally came out that it literally ruined the impact of Superhero deaths in comics forever
Now you just know whenever someone dies that they'll be back in a year or two

>hurr durr I watched that one Max Landis video

kys

Who the fuck is Max Landis or whatever?

Judas Contract wasn't bad, and I liked Assault on Arkham.

A Sup Forums nobody that somehow become a somebody.

I still haven't watched Judas Contract and Assault on Arkham was great except I'm not the biggest Harley fan.

Oh boy, can't wait for another Batman comic to be butchered by terrible animation and unnecessary additions

>The Death and Return of Superman
But why, I am not even sure Superman fans like that story

>kys
So you're literally underaged
Ok

He's the son of John Landis you fucking retard.

It was pretty fucking shit, m8.

Ah shiet

>getting this triggered over 3 letters

grow a skin kid

you weren't even alive back then. I was 10 when it came out. I don't think any comic moved me emotionally like that story did. Especially funeral for a friend.

>only heroes that get movies are Supes, Bats and WW
I want a good GL or Flash solo movie.

At least there's a Suicide Squad movie instead of another batman one

Even if it'll be shit

I wish they'd adapt some Green Lantern or Flash stories.

They better not leave out Superboy. They also better have the JL getting their shit pushed in.

Well if they want to be faithful it's gonna be the justice league D-list

>More Batman
Just fuck off

You had Flashpoint.

He said good.

They tried. GL bombed but Flashpoint did ok.
Funeral for a Friend was fucking GOAT, Steel and Superboy were great, but yeah otherwise it's pretty meh.

We /90s/ again.

Sup Forums hates it but I liked it.
A decent alternate interpretation of Luthor.

Flashpoint was good

Barry has no iconic stories outside Flashpoint. The only other valid adaptations would be Wally ones, and swapping him for Barry wouldn't be right because alot of those stories deal with the context he's fighting under Barry's shadow.

Did the Green Lantern ones really bomb? I liked Emerald Knights and First Flight

Not with that art style it wasn't.

Flashpoint isn't a Flash movie. Flash is in it but it isn't wasn't a solo at all.
>Flashpoint was good

>Gotham by Gaslight
They already announced they're expanding the material because it's really short. They already fucked it up, it's going to be another Killing Joke.

>Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
Not really interest if it's done like the lastest DC animated movies set in the ongoing universe.

Fuck you all "90s are bad" faggots, this is really great. I was really hoping to see the whole story animated but the original movie killed my hopes. If they get Bruce Timm to do it it has a chance to be amazing.

>If they get Bruce Timm to do it it has a chance to be amazing.
As long as we have a 20 minute prolog of Supes and Jimmy making out.
On both parts.

>I was 10 when it made me sad!
That statement's worth jack shit to the rest of us.

>If they get Bruce Timm to do it it has a chance to be amazing.
If you want batman waltzing in and fucking Lois over Clark's dead body, sure

But user Timm was the one who fucked up TKJ, If Timm is involved with Death and Return then the movie will suffer the same fate of The Killing Joke

Great thing is, this story is so big that they won't put additional shit to fill the runtime. If anything they'll trim a lot of fat.

They're going to do a more faithful but at the same time better version of the comic.

Stop with the "Timm fucked up TKJ" meme. That was Azzarello's fault too. Besides, he doesn't have his waifu Babs in this movie.

This needs to be a trilogy
Death
Reign
and
Return

Azz was only writing though, Timm was the producer and man-in-charge there so the responsibility and criticism falls on Timm

Not enough happens in Reign to warrant a movie of its own.

I just hope they don't fuck up the Funeral for a Friend part, that's the best part.

>They already announced they're expanding the material because it's really short. They already fucked it up, it's going to be another Killing Joke.
Or maybe they're just using bits from Master of the Future.

>They already announced they're expanding the material because it's really short. They already fucked it up, it's going to be another Killing Joke.
they might just merge it with it's sequel, and thus have the Jack The Ripper section be part one, and then have the second half be a version of it's sequel Master of The Future

Fuck sake if you hate the bat girl parts just skip them

If I skip all the bad parts on a movie they'll all be 10/10.
Kill yourself.

This really pisses me off Sup Forums because I've been thinking of and trying to write a new, revived season for Justice League Unlimited, which focuses on Crises on Infinite Earths basically. But adapting a lot more of the storylines in DC way more faithfully and reviving the DCAU.

One of the core plots in this season is everyone on the original Justice League being taken out of the picture. I wanted to the Death of Superman but actually do it right, like with the Justice League (Booster, Guy, Blue Beelte etc) fighting Doomsday, Superman tells them to back off and gets killed. And then doing Cyborg Superman, Eradictor, Superboy and making Steel pick up the cape and S because he's already there. So adapting faithfully, but we have to do this so when we bring Hal Jordan into this universe when we have Hank Henshaw destroying Coast City and Hal going crazy and turning into Parallax.

The original members of this Justice League are being taken out so the Anti-Monitor can secretly replace them all with the Justice Lords. Batman gets his back broken by Bane and Azreal takes over. John and Sheriya go with Hawkman to Rann with Adam Strange. Wally Flash semi-retires and forms the Titans because Barry comes back in the first episode... (Where he fights Thawne, The Monitor brings him back to this universe and it explains where he's been this whole time)

But the point is you do the even correctly to keep the continuity going, with the goal of bringing it to REBIRTH in a few seasons, but in between doing all the events you need the full DC cast to do like Justice League Dark and Blackest Night etc....

But they're just going to do this as it's separate thing, probably still ignore Hank Henshaw and Eradictor....

I feel pyschic too Sup Forums. Like I've been reading those books, thinking about this and then this happens.... Like DC just steals shit straight from brain.

He is a queer rich kid that makes movies because he is his fathers son and he made a few meme videos on the youtube that appealed to autists. He is an annoying faggot

God damn it all I want is Justice League: The Grid.

This is all I want. Doomsday isn't the part of Death and Return that makes it worth reading. Reign of the Supermen is the real heart of the story and that's what the first DTV didn't get. The whole point is "what would Metropolis look like if Superman was gone? What would people inspired by his memory do?"

The Barbara parts were only one problem with the movie. Even the parts from the comic fucking sucked in the movie. It was just a really shitty adaption which is a shame since this was supposed to be Hamill's swan song as the Joker.

Exactly... that's what I'm saying here... . They've cheapened the story so much over the years.

Also I'm going insane because I just read those stories (well AGAIN since back in the 90s) because I'm trying to write a better animated adaption for it...

And then they make this announcement. I'm fucking psychic. I want to write for DC, I make up all sorts of shit and then read something eerily similar to what I came up with like a year later in their comics.

This is driving me insane Sup Forums... I need to just write for them and work for them.

Should have picked The Doom that Came to Gotham instead of Gotham by Gaslight.
GbG is too short and doesn't have enough fanservice.

>The Death and Return of Superman
Again?
This!?!

>Batman and SKWAD

suprise suprise

I'm happy to see that end too. Especially since that means no Batgirl of Burnside.

GL and Wonder Woman did well and had consistent sales, but Batman and Superman were doing better so WB demanded they only do stories featuring Batman and Superman.

Assault on Arkham is the only one of the recent animated DC movies to be even halfway decent, so if this is a direct sequel to that I'm interested.

If this is based in the DCAU(or worse, off the fucking movie) then I'm out.

>Death/Return of Superman two-parter

Yes because that story is clearly on the same quality level as The Dark Knight Returns and should be treated with the same amount of fanfare.

Who the fuck even wants this with the current model? Have you seen how bad the animation has gotten for these movies at some point? The first part is going to be 70 minutes of punching with JL; War tier animation and choreography, it's going to be fucking awful.

They compress all star into one movie, but give two for this shit gimmick comic.

All star was a mediocre comic.

Any chance we'll ever get another Superman movie with the new superfamily including Jon?

>If you hate half of a movie just skip it

Great argument

Source?

You'd need a Clark with enough balls to fuck Lois AND that doesn't die every weekend.

Fuck off Max Landis, and Jean Grey's return came first and was far more egregious.

It's one of the only three good Superman stories.

>2 animated Superman movies since god knows when
take it, shut up and don't think too much about it

The son of a child killer.

If that Skwad isn't a sequel to AoA then fuck it

I want Flash: Blitz. goddamnit!

Anything that isn't Batman for a millionth time is alright with me.

Shut the fuck up faggot

Hey I've got this crazy idea, why don't they make some more original cartoons that don't come on a 6 in the morning?

AOA isn't even new 52
Its based on the arkham games
Judas contract was just okay ish

Since they're pandering to B:TASfags, they could do more movies from cartoons people miss, like Green Lantern.

Ironically, their Batman stuff sells far worse, yet they keep depending on him.

>They compress all star into one movie, but give two for this shit gimmick comic

I wouldn't say the stuff that came out of the Death arc is a gimmick. As long as the keep the Doomsday down and use a good portion of the first and most of the second to get into the rest of the material (it did turn out to a big collection of books).

I thought they got the art right on All Star but think it's short and generally don't like the changes they made. I'd like them to recast the voice actors, at least Lois (which they won't do) and then have them add an additional 50 minutes of material and extend some of the existing material and re-release it as a two parter - Ultimate Edition or whatever they want to call it.

ffs, not only they did they do that already , but that's exactly what's hapenning in their movies too. Who approved that?

youtube.com/watch?v=uFEHTAnsmGU

Superman: Doomsday was shit.

Sure Death and Return started weak but the middle was strong and the end was decent.
Fuck yeah, two parter.

Get some Bibbo in there.

All you need to do to fix that one is take out all the prologue shit and remove the kangaroo court.
I liked the kangaroo court as an isolated thing but not only was it not in the comic it did not fit the situation.

Also they should have gone with the version of the photo page with the nipples. And more importantly lingered on the photos for a few more seconds.

Pointless henchmen deaths aside I kind of liked bad blood.

It made me realize something about batwoman though. Her origin does not work anymore now they allow gays in the military and without that easy explanation for discharge it makes you question her character. Is somebody that was kicked out of the military really who you want protecting the streets of gotham.

I think green lantern is still considered a risk because of the live action film tanking so hard.

I think you can get away with expanding gotham by gaslight in a way you could not with killing joke.

You mean the 2009 one?
I liked that but there was a weird part in the climax where they did not bother to animate anybody in the background. That's not a problem on it's own but background characters had been consistently moving the entire film and so to see so many stationary at once was offputting.

When it got to the time travel and other fancy stuff it sort of fell apart but before that it was great.