This entire event seems like a giant, convoluted mess

This entire event seems like a giant, convoluted mess

Between this and Secret Empire, which company has the more indefensible, stupid, and pointless summer event?

>implying DC vs The Batmen of The Dark Universe is anywhere near as bad as Captain America was a Nazi All Along and Iron Man is an AI that can be PHYSICALLY Decapitated and btw FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Metal is its own thing and is pretty ignorable so they got hat right at least.

Secret Empire.
Metal is mostly self-contained it seems and involves Batman running around the multiverse.

Secret Empire infects all of Marvel's books and is more hamfisted SJW commentary that's causing Marvel to crash and burn at the moment.

Metal seems like parts of it will be fun....even if it's dumb fun. Scott said there would be lasers and dinosaurs. I'm here for that

I've been frankly turned off "Event Comics" in general since I got burned out after Blackest Night, leading into Brightest Day, and then immediately noping out of Flashpoint before it could even begin.

That said, Metal seems to be doing a similar "character twist" thing that I liked about Blackest Night. The Legion of Evil Batmen-Mashups tickles the same kind of neurons that "Everybody A ROYGBIV Lantern" did.

This is the first time in like a decade I've been hype about both companies big events. Y'all wild

Marvel by a long shot. You can skip Metal and be fine. You can't ignore Secret Empire because it finds its way in nearly every book.

>which company has the more indefensible, stupid, and pointless summer event
Well, this is Sup Forums and Sup Forumscksuckers being Sup Forumscksuckers will, of course, reflexively suck DCock. And, to be fair, Spencer is a cunt IRL as well as a mediocre writer; everything about the lead up with NaziCap was botched; and pretty much everyone is sick of their Big Events That Will Totally Change Everything For EVAH!!! bullshit.

But I, for one, have faith in HackSnyder to go off the rails about 2/3 through and then completely crash and burn at the end. Nigger never fails to disappoint.

Metal is self contained

SE is "EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE FOREVER" bullshit

>Batmen-Mashups tickles the same kind of neurons that "Everybody A ROYGBIV Lantern" did.
That's your prostate, senpai. Brain's on the other end.

Metal has the potential to be fun. It depends on how cool the evil Batmen are and how they interact with other characters. And it's "damage" of "lol everything is Nth metal" only really changes background fluff.

Meanwhile "Cap was a Nazi the whole time" is a really, really stupid bit of cheap heat and causes a few million plotholes throughout Marvel continuity and comes with a lot of other bullshit like Punisher being a Nazi and Nazi Cap being able to use Thor's hammer and so many writers are going to have to play cleanup with this mess.

>Meanwhile "Cap was a Nazi the whole time" is a really, really stupid bit of cheap heat and causes a few million plotholes throughout Marvel continuity and comes with a lot of other bullshit like Punisher being a Nazi and Nazi Cap being able to use Thor's hammer and so many writers are going to have to play cleanup with this mess.

The last two points about Punisher and Thor's hammer are valid enough. But what plotholes are you referring to? A sentient cosmic cube changed reality just enough to make Steve buy into their idealized version of Hydra. Secret Empire is about people trying to reform that cosmic cube to change reality--and Steve--back.

>Punisher being a Nazi
What? Isn't he way too young?

Metal so far hasn't been nearly as much as a fucking mess as Secret Empire or anything leading up to it. Metal is a fun and crazy big event that Snyder and Capullo wanted to do cause it would be cool to have anedgy, crazy and explosive balls to the wall event. That's it. We're getting some new books and tie ins outta this, but it isn't going to "CHANGE THE UNIVERSE FOREVER" like Secret Empire's been hyped up to be.

My only problem with Metal is making this metal the reason for everything from magic relics to Metas especially.

this is the first time since the New 52 that it seems anyone is facing a significant threat at least
I hate this lowstakes comfy Rebirth bullshit

>Well, this is Sup Forums and Sup Forumscksuckers being Sup Forumscksuckers will, of course, reflexively suck DCock.
I've been here for 5 years, and this is bullshit. Until very recently, Sup Forums consisted of almost equal amounts of Marvel drones and DCasuals. It was only with ANAD Marvel and Rebirth that Sup Forums (and the rest of the internet) shifted to DC.

not what I get from reading it, I could be wrong but I feel like it is that it's been part of the iconic artifacts (trident, bracers etc) but it's not the reason for the magic itself. same analogy like how steel and iron are a part of the artifacts as well. Batman's curious why its there in those items. The thing that makes this much more of a big deal is because the meta powers are somehow originating from the metal

>low stakes
>comfy
You must really hate Marvel then, don't you?

significant threats are mostly reserved for events like these. and there are rebirth titles that are not comfy at all, in hal & pals shit is already hitting the fan

It gave the very strong impression that these relics are powerful because of the metal. Magic itself I didn't see any connection but the relics yes.

possible, I agree on the metas part. but for some of the relics like the GL rings, I'm pretty sure that's 99% willpower based than nth-metal powered. for the others like aquaman's trident you could be right on the money

besides the Secret Empire stuff, yeah

besides that title, every series seems so small

reading my post again i think I'm giving the wrong impression, I was meant to say the GL ring is powerful based on the wearer's strength of willpower more than the nth metal itself

in cyborg the team got transported to post apocalypse

in JUST league every arc is dealing with a terribly written world-ending threat. (hitch is a hack)

'tec just got done with the first act of the colony arc

superman just got done with alien invasion with chester black

I got nothing on batman since that's a pretty comfy title

dunno about the other titles since those are only the titles I pull. I do understand what you're saying though but it's not correct to paint all the books with a broad brush

I'm sorry no one reads Cyborg, with Hitch handling something without actually showing the action every two weeks there's no substance, 'Tec is boring and the invasion was pretty contained

just want more action in these books, even Action Comics is boring with Jurgens writing

well, hopefully metal scratches that itch since capullo is hyping it to an absurd degree of action setpieces. I think marvel has a lot of action arcs that'll be coming in legacy, astonishing #1 last week was pretty action packed

well secret empire is just an alt-reich nazi fan wank, so I'd say it's comfortably ahead by a wide margin