Poppy O'Possum

Please don't do this to my heart.

YOU FORGOT THE ALT TEXT
>ha ha, oh right, the dying thing.
also apparently the next page will be up in a few hours

kit is FUCKING NAKED

Whoopsie, I'm not normally the guy that does it.
tfw Kit is gonna cry in the next page.
I knew it was too cute to last.

>I killed 50 guys easily
>gets whacked by a dude with a stick
Freddy why are you such a jobber

i don't think this will cause them to break up but i super don't think it was tactful of Poppy to tell the woman who's feeling particularly used ad lied to by those around her that her SO had an ulterior motive for being with her.
granted that not the ONLY reason their together and its not like Poppy was gold digging for her daughter but its a nice bonus peace of mind for sure

>Magic swords
>Opossum

That guy's luck star is being able to hit anything with a stick.

The guy still going to turn this into a novel that nobody will read? Honestly, how many people here will stop caring if it's no longer a comic?

What? Is this confirmed?

Eh, it has the potential to work. Erfworld does it but I'm not sure if Poppy's story is strong enough for text only.
When a new comic come out I'm never much wondering what's going to happen next.

I can see Poppy turn this around and accuse Kit of only liking her for being one of the few people she can actually see.

Also I HIGHLY doubt this will cause them to break up. I think this will get the "iffy" stuff about why they're in a relationship out of the way, so they can move past it and have their relationship grow stronger.

Morbi also implied that we're gonna see how the Darling family reacts to their relationship in the future, so we need to see what they think about Kit dating a "nonperson".

Pretty much. He has already, or has written most of, Poppy 8. That's why we were at a once a week update schedule.

Yesssss

Yeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

Let us marinate in the suffering

ok, so now they're going to break up. well that didn't last long

I guess we'll know in a couple of hours.

Shouldn't mods delete the thread? They're not even consistent.

i was asking a legitimate question about the story you fucking retard

are poppy and kit intimate or is this just a really really lesbo-rotic friendship with nothing actually going on or planned

No, user, they totally rub their vaginas together. Which is as erotic as lesbians can get.

You tell me.

>Page 42 will be going up in the next couple of hours. Not that I’m asking anyone to stay up for it.
Don't trust his lies

I'm calling it:

Fazzi pops out and Freddy gets Wrecked-Angle Rekt and ded.

I'm honestly surprised we got this page today without morbi constantly moving the date back. Still hoping for the second page though.

shush, dont tempt fate or fickle mods

He's the comic's Worf, that's why.

this just looks like them being silly and having a sleepover

you can do those things with someone without fucking them

This is a comic THUS Sup Forums RELATED. Please don't sweep us away like last time janitors.

Oh shit

Someone mentioned that Poppy was looking for a sugar momma, and now I feel like Morbi was playing all the PoppyxKit-fags because this relationship is going south fast.

It's not a comic for long. You can be certain these threads won't be Sup Forums related when it's just a story.

>btw I'm dumping my kid on you when I die soon thx
Pretty shitty, Poppy.

>[PLATONIC]

when the fuck did this happen

She would need to touch Freddie first, though.

kit is a meme cuck

Is spinnerette also no longer considered Sup Forums related? It's another web comic that switch from typical comic to text heavy update with 1-2 pictures. From what morbi has said it sounds like it will be more or less the same thing.

Poppy 7, Page 16

Earlier in the chapter. Part of that time skipping Lily drawing montage.

Nah man, Kit has always been selfish and emotionally unstable. She flat out has a serious case of manic-depression.

I can't imagine them salvaging the relationship when shit's about to hit the fan in the castle.

Not to mention, Kit is someone who does shit on impulse and whims--once she gets bored, or realizes relationships take work, she's going to dump Poppy like a bad habit.

The only thing I foresee is that they make amends at a latter date, but romantically, they're through

>selfish
True. But I can't think of a selfish reason for her to force people to recognize opossums as people. So she does have some redeeming qualities.

So do you think Morbi is going all-in on making Poppy a grimdark tragifest like he's always wanted now that he's admitted that he hates doing the comic?

>race-war now

Not to mention the "her views/ideas about love and romance are more warped than crash 3" thing.

But then again morbi shown that she can go from diabetes-inducing lovely dovely to serious, so who knows how far that statement is true.

Closest one i can think is that they are the only thing she can see clearly, but then again even if the original motive was selfish she did go through with the laws and such.

At least it'll be interesting to read, not some dumbass drama that could have easily been avoided if the characters were smarter but was stretched out througout the entire comic.

wait is morbi a guy or is he one of those "They" people

Xe's an anthropomorphic cloud.

He doesn't care about preferred pronouns, but his real name's Ian, so take a wild guess.

>grimdark tragifest
When do we turn into berserk?

>kit wants more opossums for the reason they're the only people she can see
>poppy wants kit cause it's whats best for her daughter

Honestly this was always a relationship being motivated by selfish reasons.

>yfw the rest of the comic is depressing tragedy

>When shit is going down but you can't stop being cute

I honestly love the lines in this panel, it reminds a lot of the facial expressions in Yusagi Yojimbo.

how long is a few hours?

>MISUNDERSTANDINGS
Why did Poppy go from using the best of anime storytelling to using the worst of it?

Is this a misunderstanding?

Poppy is going to say something like "what no that's not the only thing I view you as, why would you immediately jump to a mean interpretation", Kit is going to pick up on some word or phrase in the clarification that is going to anger her even more, Poppy is going to get angry at the overreaction, and we're going to spend the next five "episodes" with them having drama over something that could be solved with everyone just talking to each other.

Maybe Morbi will surprise us, but it isn't looking good.

Look at his face. Chicadino totally has a ace in the hole.

Fredrick is not stupid enough to have his only backup plan be a bunch of fucking sowrds, We'll see who the true keikaku master is soon

With Poppy becoming a illustrated novel, do you think that the current background of the website is still appropriate, or do you think it isn't suited extended reading?

I wouldn't mind a background change personally. The current repeating Poppy faces is fine for the comic format, but I would like to see Morbi change it up for the novel format.

(His ace in the hole is a wolf with a bat)

Ya fucked it, Poppems

>I'm gonna leave an you keep the kid lol
Around possums...

Like I said, Fazzi. She's gonna end Fredrick.

Morbi can we not have Kit deliberately take Poppy's affection and love as simulated over one simple comment about a factor that you sort of signed up for when you decided to *ask to marry* a woman with a kid and a time limit?

>you sort of signed up for when you decided

This should be "she sort of signed up for when she decided".

And a girlet

Isn't Fazzi only lethal to Possums because bending objects doesn't affect Possums?
He could break Poppy's arm because he bent the cast without bending her anti-magic arm. Had that been done to a non-possum their arm would have simply bent along with the cast and not suffered actual damage.
So even if Fazzi popped out of nowhere he wouldn't die, he'd just be inconvenienced, provided that Fazzi can get close enough to touch him.

Reading this I can now only think of roleplay sex. THanks

But that's exactly what it is. Poppy is definitely not being a good person here.

That hesitation.
That look of regret/deep thought

Poppy's been playing Kit from the start and she knows she's a pretty horrible person for doing it.

Come on Kit, didn't you fucking know she doesn't have that much longer to live? I mean, Poppy is being kinda a dick saying she was only good as a new mom for Lilly, but you should have expected something like this to happen.

manufactured drama, how could she not have thought about this

Pretty sure that look is Poppy thinking about her job and what difference she has made towards the treatment of opossums.

I don't believe Poppy has been dating Kit JUST so Kit will take care of Lily, though that is a very large part of it. Poppy does care about Kit, just when you say it out loud, this issue ( and likely Kit dating Poppy since she's one of the few things she can see), is something that has to be address because understanding why someone is dating you for reasons that aren't simply "true love" is important for a relationship
to grow.

Also they're in a tense situation right now and I'm pretty sure Poppy have and Kit have been on a roller coaster of emotions so them overreacting to this kinda makes sense.

Oh wow
Thats kinda assuming a lot on Poppy's part.

They are just dating at this point aren't they?

>Next page will be up in a few hours
>Few hours
>Hours

Why does anyone trust what Morbi says at this point?

Kit wanted to get married quite quickly if I recall.

It was when poppy assumed they were going to go on vacation.

I dont like PoppyXKit

>Poppy, you fool! Never let your guard down when a chemist asks you a rhetorical question about compounds!

ono what is she doing

Wait, are they bathing in acid right now?

Or am I being retarded? Chemistry was never my strongsuit.

Wow, color me surprised. He actually didn't do the obvious thing. Good job Morbi, I completely underestimated you. More excited for the novel format now.

hydric acid is water, I'm betting its a twist and it's not actually water and the flame is going to cause a reaction

She's being coy and using a misleading term for water, which Is a very mild acid.

Yeah, I didn't know either

Yeah, it's going to cause a reaction by creating an environment where she can see and Poppy can't.

Fugg.

Why is word "doink" on her chest?

no that sily, im sure the twist will be Poppy panicking cause she think that the discussion has make Kit do something drastic, but in reality Kit has seen that they are in danger and is dousing the flame to give them cover

oh shit my theory is retarded you're smart

She's doinking, obviously.

I gotta say, its been a while since this happened, but i'm excited to see how this unfolds

Also full view of kitits

Oshit

Wonder what she wants to do with poppy in the dark

Oh no! Now Kit is gonna sneak off to...... somewhere...?

Page 41 Patreon alt-text: >In which Friedrich rushes in.
Page 42 Patreon alt-text: >In which Kit too is well-versed in the martial art of object-doinking.

Probably go off to where everything is going down/save her research.

Thats the reason why poppy made her take a bath to begin with, to keep her out of the way.

Holy shit, my opinion of Kit just 180'd entirely in those last three panels.

I don't think Poppy is at all aware of the shit going down. Freddy just told her he was going to talk to his superiors and that was that. The bath was simply to get away from anything magical.

I imagine Poppy's going to chase Kit and they'll all get caught in the fight somehow.

Frederick made it pretty clear that Kit's research would be destroyed or something. Poppy wanted Kit out of the way of that.

After rereading earlier, I guess she's trying to keep Kit unaware of whats going on so Kit doesn't try to stop anything since if Frederick is successful, Kit won't have access to Dragon's blood she needs

Also I guess I should spoiler this cuz nudity I guess

They're gonna screw in the dark unlit pool as the Queens greatest soldier perishes by the hands of mob goons!

gotta cover those kititties