What does Sup Forums think of Frank Miller?

What does Sup Forums think of Frank Miller?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's so talented it's frightening
Daredevil is just a masterpiece and Sin City blew me away

sucks goats

SJWs hate him!!
Find out why ====> [CLICK HERE]

I like his art more than his writing.

>Pre Liberal Woke-pocalypse

Formerly great writer who eventually lost his mind, like a lot of older talent. It doesn't validate his earlier works, but his history doesn't excuse the modern stuff.

>Post Liberal Woke-pocalypse

EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED WAS FUCKING AMAZING HOLY TERROR IS A MASTERPIECE ONLY A LIBERAL KEK SJW FAGGOT FAKE NEWS WOULD DISAGREE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

bitches and whores

>Present tense

Contrary for me. The writing on Born Again is Nobel Tier. I only truly love his Sin City drawings, and enjoy Dark Knight Returns cause they are intended to be goofy

honestly i think Holy Terror does get very unfairly lambasted.

the pacing is very poorly off yes, but it has imo some of his best sequential paneling to date, i find it beautiful to look at in the least.

He used to be good, but he kinda lost it at some point after sin city

I think he is great at character narration. Even if it can be heavy handed at times each of his characters have a distinct voice.

I think he's gonna die along with tim curry in the next 3 months considering their conditions have worsened

Everyone must pay the reaper at some point

I'll always defend TDKR. I think it's an amazing book.

Used to be one of the very best. Never very refined but incredibly talented.

Then 9/11 happened.

Holy Terror has sprinkles of artistic beauty. Like how he follows up the terrorist attacks by showing a grid of the faces of the victims, then progressively adding more and more panels until it's just a mass of tiny empty panels. This along with the epilogue of Not!Gordon's musing on the meaning of terror is what almost saves the book. The problem is that the juxtaposition of these elements with shit like "I'm Murderbat, watch me torture this terrorist" and "This subterranean city was built by a race of forgotten madmen" simply doesn't work.

THA GREATEST EVAH
he's my idol

Ruined Batman, set precedent for most of the edgy Batman shit with DKR. Bad art, bad writing style. Bad art, bad writing style. REPETITIVE. Repetitive and EMPHASIZES things for seemingly NO REASON. Like OCCASIONALLY he'll be in the middle of a SENTENCE that doesn't have anything that needs to be bolded, so with a sentence like this: "How much do you cost for the night, honey?" He'll write: "How MUCH do you COST, honey? How much DO YOU cost?" He wrote Sin City, and has been writing Sin City ever since, even in stuff that isn't Sin City.

Not to say that he was able to carry it off well, but i think stuff like you mentioned does work if you get what it was a parody of.

Its just as i say and you pointed out, he didn't present it very well.

DK2 is the most entertaining comic I've ever read.

ASBAR is so bad it's good, Dark Knight trilogy is tripe for casuals.

He's a 9/11 in general quality

Is this the comic equivalent of this youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

>Expect a sombre finale with Batman facing off against his adopted son.
>Instead get a bizarre farce where Batman calls Dick a sissy and tells him he was a shitty sidekick.

I still don't know what was going through Millers head when he wrote that. I guess it's supposed to be parodic but it's not very funny.

(you)

His Wolverine limited is also fantastic. For some reason, people usually don't mention it.

The man is a genius. His art, especially DKR, reformed superhero comic art.

He was never that good. He had some style though.

Newfags hate him because millennials are incapable of liking anyone with opposite political views, but the man was always right.

Brilliant, but crazt AF.

>The writing on Born Again is Nobel Tier
>I can kill Daredevil and be done with it but I'll have to make it look like he had am accident or something despite the fact that I can get away with blowing up a building and killing a hundred people. Yes, yes, I know I've already destroyed Matt's life and nobody cares about him, even his supposed best friend cares more about cucking him than the fact that Matt is homeless. Oh and by the way later in the comic I'll kill one of my associates in cold blood, he most likely has a family and is a public person so people will look into his murder but it's not like I ever cared about that.
>that whole last issue
Nah nigga.

I love his style, but I feel like he's also a bit nuts. Kind of a mixed bag on actual quality.

Sad that he died though.

I was talking about stuff like narration and dialogues, not the plot

Ronin is great and very underrated IMO. Excellent art and a cool samurai/sci-fi story. Samurai Jack borrows a lot from it if you like the show.
It really saddens me how he's regresses physically and artistically/mentally the past few years. I miss the old Frank

80s Frank: God Tier (Elektra: Assassin, Born Again, DKR, Year One)
90s Frank: Better than Most Tier (Sin City, Man w/o Fear, 300)
00s: Entertaining Shit Tier: DK2, Goddamn Batman, Holy Terror