What do you think marvel will do with the MCU after Thanos is done?

What do you think marvel will do with the MCU after Thanos is done?
A new build up to another villain? I wished for kang but then I thought of those guys

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/05/12/fantastic-four-characters-marvel-comics-restricted-licensing-x-men/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want it to end but thats not happening

Secret invasion would be cool i guess but honestly i don't care all that much

I'm afraid they have the rights to everything interesting, so odds are we'll see them use some recent stuff.

I wonder what it'll be, but I think I made up my mind that i'm jumping ship after Thanos is dealt with

The most likely route will be about the same amount of Marvel films and sequels as there was during Phase 1 and 2, just without the over arcing story leading up to their own "Infinity Wars/Thanos".
Once A4 is out of theaters the MCU will slowly lose steam and start slowing down, not stopping but slowing the "Large scale" growth of the MCU now.

In other words, movies similar to Homecoming. Films with their own identity that acknowledge the universe they're in, but doesn't go any further.

Didn't they say they'd focus on smaller villains next phase?

It would be a smarter route to take, as it would be like trying to catch lightning in a bottle a second time.
You can really beat what they're set up for Thanos as a character and the scale of Infinity War, which are swan songs for some or most of the key memebers of the Avengers, considering that most of the characters that could possibly beat IW/A4 are owned by other companies.

Smaller scale villains are more interesting and memorable, Vulture who I've never cared for as a character prior to Homecoming, has become my favorite MCU villain on the grounds alone that he was a side of the coin as Spider-Man, just with different motives.

Kang is off the table. His rights are tangled up with Fox. That's not new, they said so years ago.

>he was a side of the coin as Spider-Man, just with different motives.
Wat?

Hopefully they don't kill off Thanos so he can play a role in any future Marvel events in the movies. With Fox taking a lot of good characters, Marvel needs to hold on to as many cosmic characters as they can. It's bad enough they unceremoniously killed of Ronan.

>Marvel needs to hold on to as many cosmic characters as they can. It's bad enough they unceremoniously killed of Ronan.
Meh, they'll just end up merging Star Wars with the cosmic shit.

>Spider-Man is off the table. His rights are tangled up with Sony. That's not new, they said so years ago.

Build-up to Masters of Evil with a fakeout of Ultron returning to lead it as the Crimson Cowl like the comics, but it turns out to be Arnim Zola pulling together the the villains to destroy the Avengers.

Give me:
Zola's super-soldiered Zemo
Abomination
Klaw
Crimson Dynamo (not Whiplash)
"resurrected" Quicksilver as Whirlwind
Yellowjacket II (the female minority one)
Enchantress
Radioactive Man (but make him a Chinese version of Wonder Man, doing the same turn)

Thanos killing lots of heroes would open the doors for Thunderbolts

Still waiting on Shuma-Gorath. It's gonna happen and it better happen in Avengers 4.

Or at the very least Doctor Strange 2.

Please? Fox gets to keep Galactus.

I'm afraid it'll get repetitive.

I mean it's already repetitive desu, but people are still on because the movies are entertaining enough, but mostly because there's the constant "it's building up to a never before seen apotheosis of amazingness!" and that'll be gone by A4.

Please, enough with the gigantic CGI monsters.

Give me a villain team with chemistry.

MCU has yet to do a big Villain Team on Hero team conflict, with the kind of super-combos you had in the Avengers movies, only being done by both sides.

Fuck that. How about something cool for once? I don't want to see more forced romances give me godzilla cgi eye candy and call it a day. And Modok too. I want my campy shit dammit.

And screw your "Children of Thanos" bullcrap too.

Oh please no. I don't need space wizards tossing the GOTG around with Force powers.

>Still waiting on Shuma-Gorath. It's gonna happen and it better happen in Avengers 4.

Marvel may not own his film rights.

When they were doing stuff for the Upper Deck Cards in 2016 they sent out a list of all characters they couldn't use for various reasons (not owning Film/Merchandise rights being a big one).

In 2017 they updated that list and added Shuma-Gorath with no explanation why.

bleedingcool.com/2017/05/12/fantastic-four-characters-marvel-comics-restricted-licensing-x-men/

It's assumed to be because Marvel doesn't fully own the character so theirs some legal stuff involved. He was first referenced in one of Robert E. Howard's "Kull" stories, then brought into the comic universe. Dark Horse may own the character now as they have the license for Kull.

If it was made very very clear the film was not canon to either franchise I would be ok with it.

Aren't Thanos, Kree/Skrull war and Korvac the big 3 classic Avengers arcs?

If so there's only really one option.

I really want to see zemo

We still don't know who MCU osborn would be. A well done dark reign could be amazing, along with return of red skull