Gotham Academy Storytime

Last week I started storytiming Gotham Academy as we head into the final issue next month. This week we’ll start with the Robin War tie-in, and then continue with Gotham Academy: Yearbook. This is a filler arc which features various vignettes ranging from fun to not great. But it’s still worth a read, so I hope you’ll join me.
If you’d like to read at your own pace, I’ve also uploaded the whole series to Mega: mega.nz/#F!8551hAiJ!0D8WYdv9LoosrQlAK2amng
Or, if you prefer Mediafire: mediafire.com/folder/mvw6aocm4pba2/Gotham_Academy

Previous threads:
1-6 (and Endgame):
7-12:

Thanks OP!

This is the point where Kerschl stops doing the art, which is a big negative for the quality of the book.

Who else thought she's holding a condom wrapper.

I've come to appreciate the art for Second Semester, but it's really never as good once Kerschl is gone.

I know I am not the target demo for this, but I found myself enjoying it more than I thought. Why does Squirrel Girl get so much critical acclaim but this is ignored? I do not understand the business side of comics at all.

It's a really fun series. I hope that it'll get revived for DC's young adult line, because there's so much potential. Strong characters, doesn't take itself too seriously, but not a complete joke either.

ITT: Storytime of Pain

And now for Yearbook, which is a collection of little stories by various writers and artists.

Marvel has better marketing in some ways, they put their books in the eye of the media. DC meanwhile really lacks that.

Here's the (You) that you wanted so badly you had to shit post.

I also think this series never really fit in anywhere. It wasn't part of the New 52 launch, it wasn't really connected to DCYou (not that DCYou was successful), and it didn't quite fit into Rebirth either. It's connected to the Bat mythos, but it doesn't fit into any of their marketing pushes.